1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well that's all speculation , you are implying he said one thing then did another did he ask for a transfer ? All I know is he was a gifted player and we don't get that many do we , , don't suppose you would have put up with Gazza's  antics either then ? But every player deserves a second chance don't they , PDC played with raw emotion and passion and needed to be understood.  All water under the bridge now  though 

It's not speculation 

it's a quote from DiCanio after the hearing 

I won't argue the throw about how good he was

I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play.

I simply won't excuse his behaviour because he was a great player.

Would I have had him back...?

too right I would

Same as FF his behaviour was poor

Was I glad he stayed ?

Too right I was 

but I would have understood it if the club had binned him.

Di Canio was banned for what ?

11 games

3 of them for the red card

So an 8 game ban?

Thats fair enough for pushing a ref over isn't it ?

9 hours ago, David1867 said:

Matias doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Di Canio. 

What Di Canio did was plain stupid but this was a player we should have built the team around.

Matias on the other hand is someone the manager clearly doesn't trust enough to play regularly, very lightweight and despite some on here thinking he is the second coming, will probably never play for us again. People were rightly angry at his reckless challenge but he has hardly been hung out to dry. 

How could we have built a team round him.  He wanted out from virtually the first day.

21 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

He got what he deserved mate....Wednesday stood by him as much as they could...It was bloody ludicrous to try and excuse his actions....

Let me ask you all this...

Reverse the roles....Briscoe pushes Alcock over...Di Canio gets the winning chip in the last minute...

Every f.ooker would be slating Briscoe...even to this day....

Wednesday ban Briscoe...?..

We all sagely nod an' mutter....... "ahh well..had no choice..can't put hands on a ref can yer?"

Thats how it would pan out.....

Di Canio should have been banned for AGES!!!....because once you start excusing those actions..where do you go?...

West Ham... apparently is the answer...

Good old 'Arry...

It was a joke from beginning to end, and it goes further than Wilson or Richards...

I get your point and however Lee Brisco is never and would never be able to lace Di Canio's boots and would be expendable.

I know inderviduals should not be bigger than a club but there is a way of managing players like Di Canio.

Think Cantana at united. He had troubles everywhere he went including that Karate kick at united which was far worse than Alcocks dive. Again if Lee brisco would have played and done what Cantana did  at united. Im sure Fergie would have had him out quicker than he could have walked off the pitch 

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I get your point and however Lee Brisco is never and would never be able to lace Di Canio's boots and would be expendable.

I know inderviduals should not be bigger than a club but there is a way of managing players like Di Canio.

Think Cantana at united. He had troubles everywhere he went including that Karate kick at united which was far worse than Alcocks dive. Again if Lee brisco would have played and done what Cantana did  at united. Im sure Fergie would have had him out quicker than he could have walked off the pitch 

Cantona served his sentence and came back to United

Its  ludicrous  and unfair to blame Wilson for DiCanios actions.

Could he have handled it better ?

probably 

Was it his fault?

Hardly

Wednesday were too big a club for Wilson 

Richards had a different agenda

True statements probably

As is 

You don't push a Fooki n ref over

11 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Cantona served his sentence and came back to United

Its  ludicrous  and unfair to blame Wilson for DiCanios actions.

Could he have handled it better ?

probably 

Was it his fault?

Hardly

Wednesday were too big a club for Wilson 

Richards had a different agenda

True statements probably

As is 

You don't push a Fooki n ref over

Dave Richards was fighting a losing battle in respect of his vain attempt to save his own business, his wife worked on the counter of a suburban building society branch, they were not well heeled, multi million pound transfer fees and prima donna players were not his forete. He saw an escape route via the Premiership chairmanship and a knighthood, his wife loves her Lady Richards title, his firm went belly up and he replaced it with a lucrative Premiership salary, the sacrifice of Di Canio was simply his entrance ticket.

9 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Dave Richards was fighting a losing battle in respect of his vain attempt to save his own business, his wife worked on the counter of a suburban building society branch, they were not well heeled, multi million pound transfer fees and prima donna players were not his forete. He saw an escape route via the Premiership chairmanship and a knighthood, his wife loves her Lady Richards title, his firm went belly up and he replaced it with a lucrative Premiership salary, the sacrifice of Di Canio was simply his entrance ticket.

So.....He told Di Canio to push Alcock over?

and I'm accused of fookin' speculation?

11 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Rememberreading something at the time, the Italian manager said he wouldn't pick him if he was the last player on earth, something about his attitude.

Yes! He was probably wary that he would not follow orders on the pitch, a bit of a maverick Di Canoi

On 6/30/2017 at 10:06, soldierboyblue said:

Wilson was incapable of managing egos and a huge club, we should have put our arm around him like Alex Ferguson did with Cantona, let him take his medicine and then reintegrate him. The architect of letting him go was Dave Richards who was feathering his nest for the Chairmanship of the PL? We should have kept him or at least got proper money for him.

Wilson had nothing to do with it. Richards was on MOTD that night saying it was totally unacceptable behaviour and from that moment his fate was sealed. Di Canio may or may not have wanted away but Richards hung him out to dry (and in many respects Wilson too because he totally undermined his authority) as part of his drive to become Chairman of the EPL.

3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Wilson had nothing to do with it. Richards was on MOTD that night saying it was totally unacceptable behaviour and from that moment his fate was sealed. Di Canio may or may not have wanted away but Richards hung him out to dry (and in many respects Wilson too because he totally undermined his authority) as part of his drive to become Chairman of the EPL.

What do you expect Richards to say?

"Ahh give over its a perfectly fine thing to do"?

I'm no admirer of Dave Richards...I think we all know where he wanted to go .

But lets be at least fair about the situation as it was....

It was the bloody headlines everywhere....

8 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

His   (DiCannio)actions Pale into insignificance when compared with the Kung Fu kick by Cantona at Crystal Palace. Ferguson stood by him and proved how massive Manchester United were. Richards used the situation to score one or two brownie points in his quest for career progression !

Cantona was banned for 9 months....Di Canio 11 matches

57 minutes ago, uyfftvhg said:

Will never forget how crazy we went on the away end after he rounded the keeper against Everton and walked the ball into the net. 

With his Tasmanian devil vest on underneath , who needs an under armour when you have that!!!

literally walked through their back line......

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

It's not speculation 

it's a quote from DiCanio after the hearing 

I won't argue the throw about how good he was

I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play.

I simply won't excuse his behaviour because he was a great player.

Would I have had him back...?

too right I would

Same as FF his behaviour was poor

Was I glad he stayed ?

Too right I was 

but I would have understood it if the club had binned him.

Di Canio was banned for what ?

11 games

3 of them for the red card

So an 8 game ban?

Thats fair enough for pushing a ref over isn't it ?

I don't know , referees should not get manhandled at all or suffer the verbal abuse they get EVERY game , My point is the club should have backed him , he felt he had to leave because they didn't that's my take on it and like I say everyone deserves a second chance , was Di Canio a nasty dirty player ? No I don't think he was . 

8 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Cantona was banned for 9 months....Di Canio 11 matches

Your point is totally unrelated to what I said... Cantona was molly coddled by Ferguson over the incident, DiCannio was hung out to dry by Richards and there began the dismantling of our team consigned to the dustbin. Wilson had no chance from that point on.