obviously only remembered by his Time at Wednesday for the Infamous incident .

but what a player he was

up there with the best I've seen at Hillsborough.

anyway my all point is

would you have kept him on or shown him the door?

personally id have kept him ,rumours that he wasn't happy here but it was just rumours.

too much of a class player to let go too easily and Wilson bottled it

Wilson was incapable of managing egos and a huge club, we should have put our arm around him like Alex Ferguson did with Cantona, let him take his medicine and then reintegrate him. The architect of letting him go was Dave Richards who was feathering his nest for the Chairmanship of the PL? We should have kept him or at least got proper money for him.

After waddle, Shez & Hirst....best player to grace a Wednesday shirt in my lifetime, for all the younger generation imagine FF x 20 

the goals against Everton away was magical, Southampton away exquisite and the last minute goal again Barnsley, sending the kop into raptures...

his exit was was the start of our downfall unfortunately as a certain someone wanted the top job at the fa rather that defend a Wednesday player. 

We we hung him out to dry

1 minute ago, Markowski77 said:

After waddle, Shez & Hirst....best player to grace a Wednesday shirt in my lifetime, for all the younger generation imagine FF x 20 

the goals against Everton away was magical, Southampton away exquisite and the last minute goal again Barnsley, sending the kop into raptures...

his exit was was the start of our downfall unfortunately as a certain someone wanted the top job at the fa rather that defend a Wednesday player. 

Absolutely. He is the most technically gifted player I have seen in an Owls shirt. And yes, I know shez and Waddle were brilliant but he was even superior to them. His only downfall was that he was / is, utterly barking

10 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Absolutely. He is the most technically gifted player I have seen in an Owls shirt. And yes, I know shez and Waddle were brilliant but he was even superior to them. His only downfall was that he was / is, utterly barking

A great player but never in a million years was he superior to Waddle !!!!!

It's an absolute no brainier. To have a player of that quality at the club and make an example of him was an absolute disgrace. He could do things that nobody else at the club could even dream of. 

The sort of player you do do whatever it takes to keep hold of. 

42 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

spot on mate,I was at that Everton game

different gravy di canio was

1 hour ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

obviously only remembered by his Time at Wednesday for the Infamous incident .

but what a player he was

up there with the best I've seen at Hillsborough.

anyway my all point is

would you have kept him on or shown him the door?

personally id have kept him ,rumours that he wasn't happy here but it was just rumours.

too much of a class player to let go too easily and Wilson bottled it

A great footballer, but a disaster in the dressing room. Slagging his team mates off in the Italian press etc.

96-97 season = 7th in the prem without him.

97-98 Season= 13th in prem (after a flitation with relegation) with him

98-99 season = 10th(?) in prem 50/50 for him.

1 hour ago, David1867 said:

It's an absolute no brainier. To have a player of that quality at the club and make an example of him was an absolute disgrace. He could do things that nobody else at the club could even dream of. 

The sort of player you do do whatever it takes to keep hold of. 

My thoughts exactly. Chris Waddle and Shezza and Hirsty (and even Tricky Trev) were all fantastic but PDC was the best player I've seen in an Owls shirt - in my opinion.  That goal away at Everton was utterly brilliant, and did that every few weeks.  I think at the time Dave Richards had his name down for a top job at the FA - no surprise that PDC was left to hang. He was kicked all over the pitch that day with no protection.  The club should have done everything possible to keep the best player in years, if not decades. 

3 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

That game when he ran about half the pitch to give the linesman some grief about a nothing throw in...barking for sure, but definitely class. UTO.

Remember that game, it was v Stam , I think, and we were drawing at the time and The idiot spent 10 mins arguing with the lino for a throw in that wasn't, effectively leaving us with 10 men, it was in that time when S'tam scored the only goal.

Went reight off him then.

Ask your selves this, he was admired by the Great managers of the time, Fregie and Wenger, so why, if he was so good, did they not ****** our hands off with the price at £1.75m?.