Early skybet odds

3 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

I reckon at those odds Sunderland is worth a punt 

honestly I can see Sunderland doing a villa, they are a club in crisis, owner trying to sell, no manager, overpaid, crap squad, pretty much how Villa were last season

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Looking at that I'm not worried about any of the teams above us.

The bookies really don't like Reading do they

lol

nor Hull it seems, relegated sides are usually amongst the favourites for the obvious reasons of parachute payments

6 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Skybet have us at 12/1 5th favourites

Aston Villa - 8/1

Middlesbrough - 9/1

Norwich - 10/1

Fulham - 10/1

Sheffield Wed - 12/1

Derby - 16/1

Sunderland - 16/1

Agree on Villa and Norwich...i also think Derby will be strong but as for Fulham, Boro and Sunderland ... i think all three will find it difficult!!

With the right recruitment there is nothing stopping us pushing Villa and Norwich for automatic. 

11 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Skybet have us at 12/1 5th favourites

Aston Villa - 8/1

Middlesbrough - 9/1

Norwich - 10/1

Fulham - 10/1

Sheffield Wed - 12/1

Derby - 16/1

Sunderland - 16/1

Is that to win the league or get auto?

25 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Derby will be a force but this years Huddersfield will be wolves for me.

Derby might be a force but will they bottle it at the last minute. After the number of times they have done it they must worry it will happen again.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

Derby might be a force but will they bottle it at the last minute. After the number of times they have done it they must worry it will happen again.

After the last two season's play-offs lets not talk about ANYBODY bottling it. We've not done too bad.

We probably say it every year but looking at the fixtures this morning hit home how strong this league is. I still fancy our chances as we have built on a solid core of good players over the last couple of seasons. 

Middlesborough are a threat, not quite sure if Monk is the manager who will 'smash' the league though, but will do a good job and expect them to go back up, depending how they recruit.  

Given a full season and recruitment, Villa under Bruce are a big threat this year I feel, as are Derby, both have money to spend and very good managers. 

Norwich are an unknown at the moment with the new manager, as are Sunderland who have no manager but a potential takeover on the table.

I really do not get the jizzfest over Fulham, but as these are Skybet odds, not surprising Sky are spunking themselves over them again.

Apart from the promoted teams, there are not many weak sides in this league now, going to be very competitive I think.