Forestieri

Guest RocketOwl

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

My best moment of him is when he took the time to meet my 7 year old lad who worships the ground he walks on, as a footballer he is head and shoulders above anything we've had since our fall from grace 17 years ago.

And my great nephew...top bloke...gets the club ethos...pity some of the brain dead on here don't

Cole 2.jpg

1 hour ago, AwokenGiant said:

He made a mistake and apologised for it, I don't know why some can't move on. 

Do you think his body language and effort was the same as the season before though?

I'd love to see his distance covered compared with the previous season, he wasn't chasing down lost causes anywhere near as much. He'd often slowly walk back from an offside position, limiting our options to break quickly again following an attack. I know how much you run doesn't always indicate everything, but he definitely seemed less bothered last season to me. I suppose some people haven't "moved on" because they don't think he's the same player that he was in his first season.

9 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Whatever the man did v Norwich (and I think from what little I know he was being put under some pressure by people who should know better) if I had been any closer at the Forest game I would have lifted him on my shoulders and carried him back round the pitch. It's a long time since i've seen that kind of magic from an Owls player. As I see it the more support we give him the more it this we'll see, and we've waited long enough!  

Indeed, can't wait to see him playing for us in a Sheffield derby. 

4 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Do you think his body language and effort was the same as the season before though?

I'd love to see his distance covered compared with the previous season, he wasn't chasing down lost causes anywhere near as much. He'd often slowly walk back from an offside position, limiting our options to break quickly again following an attack. I know how much you run doesn't always indicate everything, but he definitely seemed less bothered last season to me. I suppose some people haven't "moved on" because they don't think he's the same player that he was in his first season.

Over the last two seasons, I've never seen a forward thinking player at Weds work back as hard and as tirelessly as FF, I really don't think there is an issue with his commitment and desire. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

51 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

There are a lot of boring, pointless threads on OT at the moment. It's all symptomatic of boredom and frustration setting in as we await the first signings of the summer.

Agree but atleast most have a foundation of truth - at best most are speculation or just made up on this particular subject. 

It can't be just me that hopes he is sold just to get rid of the complete circus around him. 

Every other day there is a pro or anti forestieri thread on here along with all the veiled criticisms and comparisons inbeteeen. 

Yes he's been a good player for us over the last couple of seasons. Personally I don't really care if he's here or not next season, if he goes I'm sure he will be replaced but if he stays then great. 

Cant we just give it a rest with him though? It's absolutely embarrassing. 

I personally believe he'll go.  I gather he's had another paddy about money, handed in a transfer request and went home to Argentina during the close season.  Now I love the bloke and agree he is our most mercurial player since the two Italians and is our only real game-changer.  I was gutted when he refused to play and was relieved when he apologised but he wasn't the same player last season and he does appear both hot-blooded and fickle in his relationship with the club.  If he is acting up/wanting out a second time, then get rid.  Can't see DC selling him to Championship rival and am certain we'll be asking premiership prices if the likes of Newcastle, Watford & Brighton come calling.  If we paid £3m+ and can get £10m+ that represents great business.  it would obviously be a hole that requires some filling but £10m would fill a lot of holes. 

6 minutes ago, Jazzybmzoo said:

I gather he's had another paddy about money, handed in a transfer request

Where did you get this from?

...and why shouldn't he go to Argentina in the close season? He can't go any other time.

1 hour ago, Jazzybmzoo said:

PM'd you mate

1 hour ago, RichieB said:

Ooooh PM friend 

:biggrin:

Come on you two love-birds. Spill the beans.

What's behind this theory of a transfer request?

I dont think I have seen many people (if any) disputing FF's talents as a footballer.

But lets face it, you haven't posted this for any other reason other than to spark debate. so here's my view.

I think FF is an immensely talented player on his day. Id agree that hes 'arguably' the best player we have had in terms of talent for many many years.

But I simply cant stand the bloke. I think he would 'commit' his future and allegiance to any club that came knocking that offered him more money. He needs to be the star, the center of attention and the pivot of the team, if he isn't he often appears disinterested and unattached. With where we are heading I'm not sure hes going to get what he wants here, and in return I don't think we will get what we want from him.

I don't want him gone but I wouldn't lose a single minutes sleep if he did go. Sheffield Wednesday football club is far far bigger than any one single talent. If we are a worse team through not having FF then so be it, because having a team of players, who are here for all the right reasons is far more important to me than one individual. 

Neg away