Forestieri

Guest RocketOwl

26 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Simple as this for me too.

If Carlos plays him striker almost all season we finish 7th or 8th. 

If Carlos sees the light and plays him wide nearly all season we can make top two.

Carlos played him as a striker almost all of last season, we finished 4th. 

*Awaits stats on the left compared to upfront :duntmatter:

8 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

He made a mistake and apologised for it, I don't know why some can't move on. 

it's easy to show forgiveness when it's a the best player I'd wager if sougou,dielna or keen had refused to play the forgivers wouldn't be quite so understanding.....I like FF and cant question his effort but I wouldn't be shedding any tears if he did leave ,not because of what he did it's more a case he seems to cloud the issue in what carlos thinks is the best way the team can play . 

I really don't understand the meltdown I'm seeing on Facebook. 

He's posted some photos of Watford town centre, and people are literally losing their sh*t about it. He's getting some rest abuse.

is this because there is a rumour that he's going back to Watford, or the rumour he's put a transfer request in? Neither of which have been confirmed as true. 

Some fans really need to chill out. I dread to think what folk will be doing if/when we reach the PL and sign players who are  even more temperamental, egotistical and greedy. 

16 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Carlos played him as a striker almost all of last season, we finished 4th. 

*Awaits stats on the left compared to upfront :duntmatter:

It makes you wonder if Carlos and Forestieri, and others can ever win with some of our fans? Better points, higher position than last season and Forestieri top scorer. Yet they still both get criticised and scapegoated for us not getting promoted, along with others but it's as though they never had a part in helping us achieve two top 6 finishes in a row... just blamed for us not going up, whilst they repeat unfounded rumours again and again. It's like Trump's alternative facts or an alternative reality or something :ghoulguy::duntmatter:

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

I love FF and hope he stays around for a while yet even though he had a mixed campaign last season.

What surprises me is that anyone believes that Professional Footballers read fans forums and take anything seriously, they're all thick skinned which they have to be and know that 99.99999% of forum users know absolutely nothing about Professional Football and the Comings and Goings at a Professional Club.

44 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

He made a mistake and apologised for it, I don't know why some can't move on. 

Could be because his apology, at least initially, seemed half hearted and insincere.

Could be because he disrupted a happy, post play-off, camp, derailing it before the season had got going.

In my opinion, his strop cost us enough points at the start of last season that would have got us in, or very near, top two.

If Carlos and the players have forgiven him (seems to be the case) so should we as fans, but FF owes us big time. I hope he stays and delivers what he is capable of and should have done last season.

But it's easy to see why some struggle to move on.

7 hours ago, Owling said:

My favourite Forestieri moment is when he said "I love it here and I want to end my career here"  then a couple of months later he goes on some sort of srtike and refuses to play(yeah I am still going on about it.)

Do we know the full details of the story . . . NO! Papers etc are not always 100% correct and they don't always have full story. There could have been a lot more to that issue that's been blown out of preparation now move on jeeeees it's football not a bloody relationship 

1 minute ago, Spencerowl said:

No disrespect to this particular thread but who else is bored to the bottom of his balls with FF talk! 

Boredom doesn't cut it mate people going on and on and on about what Fessi did without even having the full story. Anything could have been the reason for not wanting to travel etc just bad timing. Feel sorry for the bloke if fairness

2 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Boredom doesn't cut it mate people going on and on and on about what Fessi did without even having the full story. Anything could have been the reason for not wanting to travel etc just bad timing. Feel sorry for the bloke if fairness

Agree - There is about 936810 threads on it now - it's border line obsession, I know it's a Wednesday forum but it should be renamed in his honour.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was actually evidence based on anything remotely like the subject matter - but there is none.... ever, not a scrap of it. Get a grip people 

15 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Could be because his apology, at least initially, seemed half hearted and insincere.

Could be because he disrupted a happy, post play-off, camp, derailing it before the season had got going.

In my opinion, his strop cost us enough points at the start of last season that would have got us in, or very near, top two.

If Carlos and the players have forgiven him (seems to be the case) so should we as fans, but FF owes us big time. I hope he stays and delivers what he is capable of and should have done last season.

But it's easy to see why some struggle to move on.

'Could be, could be'...the fact is that he apologised and from where I was sitting I didn't see the manager, staff or players having a problem with what happened. It seems like everybody else has moved on, other than some sections of our fanbase who can't seem to understand the difference between a die hard fan (who'd wear the Weds shirt for peanuts) and a passionate professional footballer (who has to look after his self-interests) - for me FF was guilty of being misinformed and from this made a bad choice, I'd like to think that I've never made mistakes in my

life but the reality is, that's far from the truth. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

6 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Agree - There is about 936810 threads on it now - it's border line obsession, I know it's a Wednesday forum but it should be renamed in his honour.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was actually evidence based on anything remotely like the subject matter - but there is none.... ever, not a scrap of it. Get a grip people 

There are a lot of boring, pointless threads on OT at the moment. It's all symptomatic of boredom and frustration setting in as we await the first signings of the summer.

45 minutes ago, torryowl said:

it's easy to show forgiveness when it's a the best player I'd wager if sougou,dielna or keen had refused to play the forgivers wouldn't be quite so understanding.....I like FF and cant question his effort but I wouldn't be shedding any tears if he did leave ,not because of what he did it's more a case he seems to cloud the issue in what carlos thinks is the best way the team can play . 

I don't think FF should be held acountable for 'clouding' Carlos's view, CC is responsible for how he views things. 

8 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Because I choose to support and defend our top scorer from the past two seasons and a player whose done a lot in a blue and white shirt? 

More because of you're irrational tirades against the other players. 

Whatever the man did v Norwich (and I think from what little I know he was being put under some pressure by people who should know better) if I had been any closer at the Forest game I would have lifted him on my shoulders and carried him back round the pitch. It's a long time since i've seen that kind of magic from an Owls player. As I see it the more support we give him the more it this we'll see, and we've waited long enough!