Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 6/21/2017 at 00:17, dazaston said:

Myself 2 sons & nephew going the 18th to 21st from East Midlands to the Albufereira Jardim apartments.

Stayed there for 2004 Euros 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Them Jardim apartments are getting some bad reviews on trip advisor recently, glad we're only going self catering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Them Jardim apartments are getting some bad reviews on trip advisor recently, glad we're only going self catering. 

Can't be any worse than some of the dives I've stayed in while working away in this country.Plenty of super bock & I will be fine lol

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else staying in portamao on Wednesday night if so how you now arranging transport too and from Wednesday night game ? Train there taxi back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a serious note over 300 British party/ idiots having been fighting over here, at the moment the police are on full alert riot shields guns being fired as warning shots,  all locals in the area are blaming the British. The strip is full of police in riot gear and they are not going to put up with any drunken behaviour especially from British people .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, saywended said:

On a serious note over 300 British party/ idiots having been fighting over here, at the moment the police are on full alert riot shields guns being fired as warning shots,  all locals in the area are blaming the British. The strip is full of police in riot gear and they are not going to put up with any drunken behaviour especially from British people .

 

 

 

Some sort of 7 day festival. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3889447/portugal-invasion-festival-albufeira-fight-british-portugese-riot-police-latest/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to give the boy a surprise trip after passing his exams at Uni,any tips never been to Portugal.How far is the ground from the town,looks a few miles on the local map .Is Albufeira the best place to stay as I've had some places recommended but they look a bit out of town.Cheers in advance for any info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hodgybysea said:

Hoping to give the boy a surprise trip after passing his exams at Uni,any tips never been to Portugal.How far is the ground from the town,looks a few miles on the local map .Is Albufeira the best place to stay as I've had some places recommended but they look a bit out of town.Cheers in advance for any info. 

15 minute walk from main bars. 

Taxis are in plentiful supply and well priced.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hodgybysea said:

Hoping to give the boy a surprise trip after passing his exams at Uni,any tips never been to Portugal.How far is the ground from the town,looks a few miles on the local map .Is Albufeira the best place to stay as I've had some places recommended but they look a bit out of town.Cheers in advance for any info. 

 

Albufeira is probably best place, been loads of times. There's 2 areas for bars and clubs, main strip and about a mile away old town  this is slightly quieter than strip. Albufeira has one of the best beaches in Europe called Falesia, stretches right up to Villamoura which is another great place.  

Edited by bradowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no confirmation on Wednesday site about venue for Portimonense game. Website continues to say Portimao. I phoned the club a couple of days ago and they were not able to give a straight answer,only said to look on the website. Need to know because of hotel bookings etc. Can anyone give a definitive answer? Please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snowyowl61 said:

Still no confirmation on Wednesday site about venue for Portimonense game. Website continues to say Portimao. I phoned the club a couple of days ago and they were not able to give a straight answer,only said to look on the website. Need to know because of hotel bookings etc. Can anyone give a definitive answer? Please.

That link on page 2 of this thread has been updated and says this...

 

 I have spoken to my contact again about the Portimonense game. He was in discussion with Sheff Wed people last night. The game is definitely in Albufeira, ko 1900hrs.

 
The game with Vítoria Setubal is also in Albufeira as above, but almost wasn't as the people in Setubal didn't book the pitch etc. That one was nothing to do with us, but has now been sorted.
 

Matches to see this Summer in the Algarve for Pro Teams on pre season camps.
8th July. 11.30h
Ebbsfleet United V Shrewsbury Town.
Estadio Vila Real Sta António in Vila Real Sta Antonio.
12th July. 18.30h
Middlesbrough v Oxford United.
Estadio Nora. Ferreiras.
15th July 18.30
Hull City v Oxford United 
Estadio Nora , Ferreiras.
18th July. 18.30h
Hull City v Bristol Rovers
Estadio Nora, Ferreiras.
19th July. 19.00h
Sheffield Wednesday v SC Portimonense 
Estadio Municipal de Albufeira.
22nd July. Time to be confirmed 
Sheffield Wednesday v Victoria Setubal
Estadio Municipal de Albufeira.

Come and enjoy the matches and see the teams close up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks bradowl. Just wish the Wednesday site would keep up with things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Snowyowl61 said:

Thanks bradowl. Just wish the Wednesday site would keep up with things.

 

They'll probably announce it 48 hours before kick off. :duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, bradowl said:

 

They'll probably announce it 48 hours before kick off. :duntmatter:

If Wednesday Player has anything to do with it, it will be 2 minutes AFTER kick off. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, A12owl said:

If Wednesday Player has anything to do with it, it will be 2 minutes AFTER kick off. 

We'll be 2 goals up by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snowyowl61 said:

We'll be 2 goals up by then.

By the sounds of your previous post you will not have to rely on WP. You will be in the crowd. You must be one of the most traveled supporters. Sat/stood next to you at Ipswich if you remember.

Enjoy the trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My euros just arrived, they have given me 4 €100 notes. I can remember it being a nightmare trying to spend 50's last year in spain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Beavertown said:

My euros just arrived, they have given me 4 €100 notes. I can remember it being a nightmare trying to spend 50's last year in spain

 

I went into The Money Shop a few years ago for €600 and they tried giving me a €500 note which I for some strange reason declined lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...