Hardest Wednesday player ever

38 minutes ago, Michael Dean Watson said:

For me di canio & bullen have to be up there but ross wallace is an absolute animal would not like to end up in a fight with him

Love Ross but him and Di Canio hard? Really? For me there's a massive difference between being gobby and being hard.

3 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

But he could put the boot in when asked but other than that i cant remember the last wednesday player that was considered to be a Hard Man.Nigel Pearson possibly the closest.:columbo:

don't understand the love for him

as a player he was like the coward who hits you and runs away

23 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Didn't Nigel Pearson play in with a broken leg? I remember him walking off the pitch with it, but not sure if he played on it.

Southampaton home 1993-1994 season when we got off to a bobbar start. 

Shows you on season review him walking off with it 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

So do we not have any hard players with a good story as to why they're so hard?

Plenty. Ernie Blenkinsop survived a coal mining roof falling in on him in his younger days, and Stanley Matthews said you knew whenever you were up against Ernie, has he would crunch into you early on to make sure you knew he was there. And he said Ernie was the toughest opponent and best defender he ever came up against.

Walter Millership was adept at centre forward and centre back, his strong sturdy play gave him the nickname 'Battleship' from Wednesday fans. The likes of Blenkinsop and Millership grew up working in the coal mines, they were proper tough working class football men.