Hardest Wednesday player ever

50 minutes ago, panda800 said:

yes

but i cant remember  any other players  who   where arrested and took to court for it  after a game

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/they-fought-the-law-and-the-law-won-1-1426575

Brilliant link, cheers. Although I suppose it's great that the game is so much more family-friendly these days, I do miss a good on-pitch dust up. The one between Arsenal and Man Utd in 91 was great. Different game nowadays. Remember when Des Walker nutted Simon Milton in 94? He got a two game ban and fined two weeks wages. He'd get ten games for that now.

On 2017-6-19 at 22:57, torryowl said:

I never saw Curtis  but heard a story that Matthews hated playing against him as Curtis just followed him all over the pitch and clattered him whenever the ball in there direction  , stan came to play in a testimonial match(Dooley's?) and said to Curtis" norman theres a lot of people come to see me play tonight  so bugger off and let me " ...whether Curtis did  I don't know . 

Only ever recall Matthews playing ONCE in Sheffield. Seemed to be notorious for his absence. However, I remember his first meeting with Curtis. When he came onto the field (those days - no warm up sessions or players coming out together. Wednesday always seemed to be first up the tunnel) Curtis immediately took up position on Matthews' shoulder, a position he held all match.  As soon as the ball was played to Matthews, Norman was in with a slide tackle. He never allowed him time to control the ball, and was only penalised twice during the game. He completely shut Stanley out of the game. I think that had SM gone off for a s***e, he would have found Norman alongside him. Unfortunately, this man-marking allowed a certain Len Duquemin to run riot at inside right. 

On 2017-6-20 at 00:38, manicowl said:

Brilliant link, cheers. Although I suppose it's great that the game is so much more family-friendly these days, I do miss a good on-pitch dust up. The one between Arsenal and Man Utd in 91 was great. Different game nowadays. Remember when Des Walker nutted Simon Milton in 94? He got a two game ban and fined two weeks wages. He'd get ten games for that now.

found a link to the game

In my lifetime of watching (91) I suppose it would have to be Pearson.

I've tried to come up with others, but in truth the guy had several broken legs, put his head where it hurt when it was needed and was a bit of a pyscho.

We could do with him now.