I love this Sam Hutchinson compilation

What a player. Shame about his knees. But, if he could play 35-40 games a season he would probably be playing in premier league for Chelsea.

We are lucky to have him even if we only get 20-25 games a season out of him.

I think half the games he plays he is not fully fit either.

We need some proper cover though now for when he is out.

Makes you wonder if he played in a conventional midfield role with 3 centre backs behind him in a 3-5-2 how that would work? His distribution is generally good and he's never been given licence to take off into forward positions when the mood takes him.  You see Wallace's goal against Norwich and he's not slow either, he's got good pace over 30-40 yards.  I'm not saying he can do it 4-5 times a match, but to have that as a surprise element isn't bad.  I certainly wouldn't like to be the one coming out to stop him if he's bombing through.

Not only is Hutchinson a great player, he's also a great role model for younger players who may be struggling with issues of their own, whether injury-related or not. He, more than most, understands just how precarious the career of a footballer can be, and he seems utterly determined to make the most of the second chance he's been given: he plays each game as if it could be his last, and the determination he shows has had a massive impact on our team in recent years.

The fact that he's spoken so openly about his mental health issues in the past is just further testament to the character of the man: it can take a lot to admit weakness in such a macho environment, but the more players who do so can only be a good thing in terms of helping others.

His skills as a player are up there with the best we've had in a long time, but it's what he offers beyond that which makes Hutchinson so special. I hope he continues to go from strength to strength, as he could be the heartbeat of our team for years to come.

6 hours ago, Paul Triplo said:

What a player. Shame about his knees. But, if he could play 35-40 games a season he would probably be playing in premier league for Chelsea.

We are lucky to have him even if we only get 20-25 games a season out of him.

He played 34 times last season, 30 the season before...

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not only is Hutchinson a great player, he's also a great role model for younger players who may be struggling with issues of their own, whether injury-related or not. He, more than most, understands just how precarious the career of a footballer can be, and he seems utterly determined to make the most of the second chance he's been given: he plays each game as if it could be his last, and the determination he shows has had a massive impact on our team in recent years.

The fact that he's spoken so openly about his mental health issues in the past is just further testament to the character of the man: it can take a lot to admit weakness in such a macho environment, but the more players who do so can only be a good thing in terms of helping others.

His skills as a player are up there with the best we've had in a long time, but it's what he offers beyond that which makes Hutchinson so special. I hope he continues to go from strength to strength, as he could be the heartbeat of our team for years to come.

Agree with this word for word! 

I believe Sam Hutchinson was quoted last year or the year before as saying he wanted to end his career with Wednesday.    Well I hope that time doesn't come soon because this man is one of those we have who would make the step up to the top flight without changing anything about him.  

He'd probably get a few less reds too with more scrutiny on the refs in the top flight.