Favourite Player

33 minutes ago, Steevo said:

Easy rules....simply name your favourite SWFC player and one reason why.

Mel Sterland - blue and white blood.

meggo ... for the very same reason 

(followed by; micky lyons,gary shelton,martin hodge,BJ, ) 

It's changed a lot over the years, and I missed the golden era of SWFC.

And I've had some very questionable choices for favourite players, but here it goes...

Adam Proudlock - I was a teenager at the time we signed him, and I liked his blue hair, and his cocky attitude, shame it didn't work out really.

Deon Burton - So good to watch, his first touch was amazing.

Jermaine Johnson - Everyone loves JJ.

Stevie May - Honestly thought he was going to be a cult hero. I still think things could have worked out differently.

Gary Hooper - Just a classy striker. Amazing first touch, does the easy things that so many other strikers fail to do. Love him.

All time - waddle. 

Best player when I was a kid. I was mesmerised by him. So effective. Maybe even the untucked shirt played a part. He just stood out. I also met him and sat next to him at the etihad a few seasons ago. Absolute gentleman and all round top bloke.

Current - kieren Lee

Great player, great attitude, gives 100%. Everything I want in a football player at this club.

Ok, more than one reason why but there you go.

Edited by poite

Chris Waddle

Would have loved to watch him week in week out, when he was at the top of his game.

23 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Mick Lyons - true warrior and inspirational captain (slightly, but only very slightly ahead of Nigel Pearson).

One of the best thing about Mick Lyons, was that he spent all those years at Everton, even supporting them as a kid.

He then comes to us, and he plays exactly the same, as though it was SWFC he had supported all his life, legend.

For all the fans that didn't see him, he was levels above Jose Semedo (Sorry Jose) and Nigel Pearson (Sorry Nigel).

Edited by MAL

Kevin Pressman

Had some cracking goalkeepers at Wednesday in my lifetime but he was the best, great shot stopper, could kick the length of the field and really agile for a big lad.

Could teach a few of our current players how to take a penalty aswell.

David Hirst and Danny Wilson - both for the way they played and also because I met the team following the draw at Palace that sealed our place in the UEFA Cup and they both went out of their way to show kindness in sorting out photos and autographs for this starstruck 12-year-old. Quarter of a century later and it's still one of the best days of my life.

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Waddle/Sheridan/Hirst

Split 33.3% recurring 

I really struggle to pick between Nilsson, Shez, Hirsty (Sr) and Pearson. The linchpins of our glory years... I'm minded to say Pearson, even if he's gone a bit loopy since...