iFollow

On 19/09/2017 at 19:48, The Coorong Owl said:

It's still got me f'd why in Australia we don't get live streams on ifollow when the games live on sky in the uk. We have no live tv broadcast here anymore which shows the sky live games ie bein sports. 

I am in Sydney and pissed off by the very same issue.

I know someone who works at Bein and I rang them today and left a message.

Hopefully, he will call me back and we can find out why Bein is not showing EFL games so far this season.

Bein apparently still have Australia rights according to iFollow so iFollow can't show the games here. But Bein aren't showing them either.

At the moment I am paying a subscription for Fox Sports package to get Bein and subscription to iFollow, but can't watch any of the Sky games because Bein and iFollow can't talk to each other and sort out the issue.

I am told that if you join Bet365 and have a bet on a game being shown by Sky you can watch a stream on their website. I joined up this week. Haven't tried it out yet but hopefully it works as it appears to be the only option.

30 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

Hopefully, he will call me back and we can find out why Bein is not showing EFL games so far this season.

Bein apparently still have Australia rights according to iFollow so iFollow can't show the games here. But Bein aren't showing them either.

At the moment I am paying a subscription for Fox Sports package to get Bein and subscription to iFollow, but can't watch any of the Sky games because Bein and iFollow can't talk to each other and sort out the issue.

I am told that if you join Bet365 and have a bet on a game being shown by Sky you can watch a stream on their website. I joined up this week. Haven't tried it out yet but hopefully it works as it appears to be the only option.

oh yeah remember doing that for a game when i was in Sydney ....good shout

1 hour ago, Paul Triplo said:

Your issue is with Bein not iFollow.

I maintain (I'm a partial ex-pat myself) the amount to watch live games when we previously had the woeful Player is a bargain. I think it's very good value and I only use it for the odd away game. I work my business so I'm in UK when we're at home and when I'm overseas Wednesday are away. With iFollow I miss nothing (apart from commentary and the time) 

I tried Bet365 once and I had text commentary... I contacted 365 and they said they weren't obliged to show anything. I enquired about the numerous adverts all over the net stating it, she said they weren't done by them ... Hope you have more luck than me with it

3 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Your issue is with Bein not iFollow.

I maintain (I'm a partial ex-pat myself) the amount to watch live games when we previously had the woeful Player is a bargain. I think it's very good value and I only use it for the odd away game. I work my business so I'm in UK when we're at home and when I'm overseas Wednesday are away. With iFollow I miss nothing (apart from commentary and the time) 

I tried Bet365 once and I had text commentary... I contacted 365 and they said they weren't obliged to show anything. I enquired about the numerous adverts all over the net stating it, she said they weren't done by them ... Hope you have more luck than me with it

BRS...if you havent tried already ... if you watch ifollow on a laptop or desktop its not too much of a chore to open the audio in a another tab turn volume off on the video and sync the 2 up. I notice video is usually ahead by a few seconds

22 hours ago, Wisenightowl said:

Sorry mate, but you are wrong in this case. I have been criticised, but as I have mentioned numerous times, I am 'seeking support for legitimate use of the service'. I live outside the UK/ROI, therefore I qualify. The issue has been about IT. I would expect a company providing a service like iFollow to guide customers through problems and sort out what's gone wrong. Instead they don't and you feel like you're being fobbed off. If they at least attempted to support customers and then admitted they couldn't explain why things weren't working, they could offer a refund and I could accept that, as disappointing as it would be to have live Wednesday games dangled in front of you, just out of reach.

Can’t you just do a chargeback? Either the bank or credit card you used to pay with? 

5 minutes ago, woodys said:

BRS...if you havent tried already ... if you watch ifollow on a laptop or desktop its not too much of a chore to open the audio in a another tab turn volume off on the video and sync the 2 up. I notice video is usually ahead by a few seconds

I have issues when on PC, I use opera and at times just get the O spinning, another screen open is asking for trouble. When I'm on iPad it works fine but no commentary.

Even though I am overseas I'm not as far as Sky/ iFollow are concerned (Ireland) so I have to use VPN

22 hours ago, Wisenightowl said:

Sorry mate, but you are wrong in this case. I have been criticised, but as I have mentioned numerous times, I am 'seeking support for legitimate use of the service'. I live outside the UK/ROI, therefore I qualify. The issue has been about IT. I would expect a company providing a service like iFollow to guide customers through problems and sort out what's gone wrong. Instead they don't and you feel like you're being fobbed off. If they at least attempted to support customers and then admitted they couldn't explain why things weren't working, they could offer a refund and I could accept that, as disappointing as it would be to have live Wednesday games dangled in front of you, just out of reach.

Can’t you just do a chargeback? Either the bank or credit card you used to pay with? 

10 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I have issues when on PC, I use opera and at times just get the O spinning, another screen open is asking for trouble. When I'm on iPad it works fine but no commentary.

Even though I am overseas I'm not as far as Sky/ iFollow are concerned (Ireland) so I have to use VPN

FWIW i use chrome and is reliable - ive not tried on the ipad actually do you just do that through safari or is it through the app they have released?

16 hours ago, Paul Triplo said:

Im the same mate. Got Foxtel too. My research "whether I'm right I dunno" says that bein and the American Eurosport I think have been in a bidding war for the rights since march with the efl but I think the asking price has increased drematically as there pushing live streaming on ifollow. I don't think we will see championship football on Foxtel this season. I'd ditch Foxtel but they have naffed me around that much I get all channels for $55 a month now year round so I'm not going to cancel for the footy and cricket... it's not good enough though we should have been told 

On 21 September 2017 at 14:23, Suzuki_San said:

It's a bit complicated. I have a local bank account, but the debit card the bank gives you here is not allowed to be used online. It only works in stores and ATMs. Because of all that, I had sign up for iFollow with my dad's UK debit card. The terms and conditions I saw at the time said something about paying in pounds anyway. Then when my subscription suddenly disappeared, I was starting to think that perhaps they had got fed up with my requests for help, and given me a refund. Being it was on his card, I couldn't easily check if they had, but eventually I got him to have a look and no refunds had been made, so I was still a paying customer without access to the service.

The chargeback method you mention is something I've heard of but wasn't familiar with. A quick Google has solved that, and it seems a very good idea; apparently you have 120 days from date of purchase to go ahead with it.

However, fingers crossed, I've think managed to get to the bottom of all the problems with iFollow, so a refund may not be necessary and I can get back to waking up in the middle of a good sleep to watch the lads play midweek games.

Decided to buy myself the Birmingham match as a birthday treat, going to be my first time watching via iFollow so hope it works ok! Ideally want to watch on my LG Smart TV but assume iFollow doesn't support that so will install it on my android media player :)

14 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

If in the UK and using a VPN, does iFollow still work for live matches?

Not used it since the Sunderland game, but might pay for a pass and watch it tonight. I've already got an iFollow account etc.

did for cardiff game mate so hopefully....