iFollow

2 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

The midweek Brentford game I got nothing but buy a subscription (I already have one) 

The games prior start off okay gets towards second half them it goes choppy still for the price I've paid worth it!

The problem is I now come to watch a game and have a doubt on my head wether it will work or not unable to watch via mobile/laptop app as it says I'm signed in else where and cuts me off so laptop browser only option! 

I will be contacting customer services again but as mentioned by many others is a shocking state of affairs!

I'm not expecting HD sky but I do expect all platforms to be working at this stage and to be able to sign in and watch each match even if the quality is only 360p or so  that's what I expected to get when I purchased!

And as mentioned if a game is on sky tv it isn't on Ifollow but I live overseas I don't get sky TV if I was able to I'd have it for sure!

So on the whole not a happy bunny as of yet I will of course give them time to get the service off the ground bit anymore missed matches then I'm sorry but that's just not good enough.

yeah completely understand all your personal reasons i'd be bloody livid as well if i had all those issues!

seems i've been a bit luckier maybe with mine then as i've not really had any issues other than some slight buffering later in the game which has usually been sorted with a refresh....

i know iplayer had different results for different people.

what I would wonder though and may be worth looking into.... is it possibly an issue with your own VPN (assuming you're not abroad) or even your own ISP or broadband connection.... 

so many potential causes of the issues its hard and frustrating to pinpoint sometimes i know

10 minutes ago, woodys said:

yeah completely understand all your personal reasons i'd be bloody livid as well if i had all those issues!

seems i've been a bit luckier maybe with mine then as i've not really had any issues other than some slight buffering later in the game which has usually been sorted with a refresh....

i know iplayer had different results for different people.

what I would wonder though and may be worth looking into.... is it possibly an issue with your own VPN (assuming you're not abroad) or even your own ISP or broadband connection.... 

so many potential causes of the issues its hard and frustrating to pinpoint sometimes i know

No VPN bud I'm in Germany I've purchased legitimately and it could be my ISP so worth checking with them like I say as long as it loads the video and it's reasonable quality then I'm okay with that each individual has their own problems regarding the service I'm not slating the creators of Ifollow it's a new service they need time to get it right there's just a limit on how long a person can wait considering how great the previous Player setup was 

Edited by Owls-Ya-Doin

15 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

No VPN bud I'm in Germany I've purchased legitimately and it could be my ISP so worth checking with them like I say as long as it loads the video and it's reasonable quality then I'm okay with that each individual has their own problems regarding the service I'm not slating the creators of Ifollow it's a new service they need time to get it right there's just a limit on how long a person can wait considering how great the previous Player setup was 

yeah fair enough...good luck getting it sorted 

2 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

You still get to watch nigh on 40 games where you wouldn't see any if you're abroad.  A handful of games that are chosen for TV is no big deal. It has teething problems granted but for a genuine fan that can't logistically travel due to planes/ ferries it's a bargain.

I live in Australia, there is no other option and the Sheffield derby isn't included.  It's a total rip off. 

15 minutes ago, The Coorong Owl said:

I don't know what a vpn is. I'm not that tech friendly but thanks for pointing me in a new direction I really want to watch the united game live 

you might not necessarily need a VPN to watch the utd game mate but you would need to find a source to stream it from - easiest way - someone will usually put a link or two on here when it comes around and it involves closing down adverts in order to see the full screen. not amazing but much better than nothing 

what times it on out there? did a year in oz a few years back was a challenge sometimes keeping up with games due to the times they were on lol

No idea if it will work but if abroad try signing up to now tv using a VPN set in england and buy the day pass for 6.99?

If you do let us know if it works for future reference.

Edit..You can try a entertainment pass for 14 days free see if it works before paying anything for sports pass? Might be worth a look or not?

Edited by Lees Tom Cat

3 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

No idea if it will work but if abroad try signing up to now tv using a VPN set in england and buy the day pass for 6.99?

If you do let us know if it works for future reference.

Edit..You can try a entertainment pass for 14 days free see if it works before paying anything for sports pass? Might be worth a look or not?

seems a good idea that 

14 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Pretty certain It will be because of sky and it been their live game.

We don't get Sky here in AU.

We used to get the games on Bein Sports but not this year.

So we have no legitimate way of watching the biggest games of the season!

4 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

I may be wrong but I don't think any criticism has been made against people seeking support for legitimate use of the service.

The criticism is of people who are trying to circumvent the restrictions made by iFollow, live video coverage not being allowed in the UK, and then asking iFollow for support in breaching the terms of their agreement.

Sorry mate, but you are wrong in this case. I have been criticised, but as I have mentioned numerous times, I am 'seeking support for legitimate use of the service'. I live outside the UK/ROI, therefore I qualify. The issue has been about IT. I would expect a company providing a service like iFollow to guide customers through problems and sort out what's gone wrong. Instead they don't and you feel like you're being fobbed off. If they at least attempted to support customers and then admitted they couldn't explain why things weren't working, they could offer a refund and I could accept that, as disappointing as it would be to have live Wednesday games dangled in front of you, just out of reach.

3 hours ago, woodys said:

you might not necessarily need a VPN to watch the utd game mate but you would need to find a source to stream it from - easiest way - someone will usually put a link or two on here when it comes around and it involves closing down adverts in order to see the full screen. not amazing but much better than nothing 

what times it on out there? did a year in oz a few years back was a challenge sometimes keeping up with games due to the times they were on lol

From memory the kick offs 1.15pm uk time so that's 10.15pm eastern Australia time Sunday night. Will try again with sights that get brought up but last time I did I got ripped off financially and didn't get to see the game. Ended up having to cancel my card and get a new one as well. Lol... god damn little punks and there rip off spam sites 

1 minute ago, The Coorong Owl said:

From memory the kick offs 1.15pm uk time so that's 10.15pm eastern Australia time Sunday night. Will try again with sights that get brought up but last time I did I got ripped off financially and didn't get to see the game. Ended up having to cancel my card and get a new one as well. Lol... god damn little punks and there rip off spam sites 

just the sort of stress you want at that hour on a sunday night lol

yeah defo stay well away from anything that requires signing up with your personal info or card details etc