iFollow

7 hours ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Just went to log in to download the highlights with Pale Moon and was met with this "Sorry, but you cannot sign in or register using private browsing mode. Please switch off private browsing and then try again." which is interesting because I'm not using any kind of private browsing mode. Working fine with Chrome.

iFollow told me you shouldn't use private browsing. It's interesting that you were told to switch off yours when you weren't even using one. It's seems to be a mishmash with one person being able to do things no problem, while another has problems. People are obviously using VPNs to get access, but not being blocked by their system, as I was told happens as soon as you attempt to login with a VPN. iFollow don't have the manpower, capability and inclination to sort things out for paying customers. It's now over 72 hours without a reply to my email.

7 hours ago, Wisenightowl said:

iFollow told me you shouldn't use private browsing. It's interesting that you were told to switch off yours when you weren't even using one. It's seems to be a mishmash with one person being able to do things no problem, while another has problems. People are obviously using VPNs to get access, but not being blocked by their system, as I was told happens as soon as you attempt to login with a VPN. iFollow don't have the manpower, capability and inclination to sort things out for paying customers. It's now over 72 hours without a reply to my email.

I think some of the varying experiences on here might be down the differences between what they are required to say for contractual reasons...and what they actually do.  They may well give you a load of official flannel, but they can't, won't or don't enforce all of those rules.

It's going to get harder, I reckon though. This season will probably be the first and last one for anyone in the UK to use.  Only being able to purchase with a non-UK registered bank account is just the start...I can see more blanket, weekly sweeps of VPN blocks happening and more bans/subscription removals.  Only a matter of time, enjoy it while it lasts...

Let's hope we get promoted, so we're on TV more!

3 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Only being able to purchase with a non-UK registered bank account is just the start.

This seems to be a bit cutting nose off to spite the face as they will lose legitimate holiday makers or business travelers who want to buy individual matches when they are out of the country. Yet there will still be some who will circumvent the preventative measure to watch in the UK.

The best way for them to move forward is to focus on identifying VPN servers. IMHO

2 minutes ago, The Coorong Owl said:

It's still got me f'd why in Australia we don't get live streams on ifollow when the games live on sky in the uk. We have no live tv broadcast here anymore which shows the sky live games ie bein sports. 

yeah that is sh1 t ...doesn't make any sense

17 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

This seems to be a bit cutting nose off to spite the face as they will lose legitimate holiday makers or business travelers who want to buy individual matches when they are out of the country. Yet there will still be some who will circumvent the preventative measure to watch in the UK.

The best way for them to move forward is to focus on identifying VPN servers. IMHO

hope not - i know bet365 dont let you into the site with a vpn on

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I think some of the varying experiences on here might be down the differences between what they are required to say for contractual reasons...and what they actually do.  They may well give you a load of official flannel, but they can't, won't or don't enforce all of those rules.

It's going to get harder, I reckon though. This season will probably be the first and last one for anyone in the UK to use.  Only being able to purchase with a non-UK registered bank account is just the start...I can see more blanket, weekly sweeps of VPN blocks happening and more bans/subscription removals.  Only a matter of time, enjoy it while it lasts...

Let's hope we get promoted, so we're on TV more!

If dopes weren't asking questions about use of VPN then maybe they wouldn't have been so bothered...

IMG_9447.PNG.83d2f559edf423657bf485fe121d04c9.PNG

10 hours ago, Wisenightowl said:

Got this reply from them:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting iFollow support.

Unfortunately, Pale Moon browser is not currently compatible with the iFollow product therefore, I would advise that to gain access to content that you use any of the listed browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, Safari and Edge).

Regards,
Amrit
iFollow Support

tenor.gif

Edited by פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu

6 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

If dopes weren't asking questions about use of VPN then maybe they wouldn't have been so bothered...

IMG_9447.PNG.83d2f559edf423657bf485fe121d04c9.PNG

Why do you feel the need to post daft comments about people grassing to iFollow? There's no evidence to suggest people are doing that. The very first page of this thread way back in June has people openly talking and asking about using VPNs, so it's no secret. We are all Wednesdayites trying to watch our club play, so it's not helpful when you attack people for having legitimate complaints. 

Are you paying for the £45 audio subscription or £110 season pass? What would you do if you paid for a service and it didn't work as advertised? I'm an expat, their target market for live games, but I've had problems with the service because of IP issues. When I tried to get them to help me out, they were terrible, just as others have experienced. You shouldn't have to be an IT expert to use their product if things aren't working as they should. That's why they have customer support. They are supposed to help you sort out problems, not leave you to do it yourself. Their failings are that they are too slow to reply to emails and then give out poor responses when they do bother to get back to you. When you contact them by email, it's a different person each time and there's no continuity, another part of the poor service.

It's now almost 96 hours since my last email to them and they still haven't responded. There's no refund in my bank account, so I'm still a paying customer, yet receiving no service whatsoever. Wouldn't you be angry?

I may be wrong but I don't think any criticism has been made against people seeking support for legitimate use of the service.

The criticism is of people who are trying to circumvent the restrictions made by iFollow, live video coverage not being allowed in the UK, and then asking iFollow for support in breaching the terms of their agreement.

11 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

180 dollars for this poo and the blades and Leeds games are unavailable. Complete rip off. 

You still get to watch nigh on 40 games where you wouldn't see any if you're abroad.  A handful of games that are chosen for TV is no big deal. It has teething problems granted but for a genuine fan that can't logistically travel due to planes/ ferries it's a bargain.

23 hours ago, The Coorong Owl said:

It's still got me f'd why in Australia we don't get live streams on ifollow when the games live on sky in the uk. We have no live tv broadcast here anymore which shows the sky live games ie bein sports. 

Because people in the rest of the world would set their VPN to route from OZ. Just as you would route from UK if you want To access iPlayer 

22 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

We forked out hard earned money for a service that isn't justified simple as that 

It needs a bit of work and could be better i agree (not showing games when they are on sky that people abroad cant watch anyway seems mental for one)  but its far less than the cost of one good away day on the pop. or a similar cost to 3 live match tickets... 

I personally think its worth it for the midweekers alone that I don't make very often

1 minute ago, woodys said:

It needs a bit of work and could be better i agree (not showing games when they are on sky that people abroad cant watch anyway seems mental for one)  but its far less than the cost of one good away day on the pop. or a similar cost to 3 live match tickets... 

I personally think its worth it for the midweekers alone that I don't make very often

The midweek Brentford game I got nothing but buy a subscription (I already have one) 

The games prior start off okay gets towards second half them it goes choppy still for the price I've paid worth it!

The problem is I now come to watch a game and have a doubt on my head wether it will work or not unable to watch via mobile/laptop app as it says I'm signed in else where and cuts me off so laptop browser only option! 

I will be contacting customer services again but as mentioned by many others is a shocking state of affairs!

I'm not expecting HD sky but I do expect all platforms to be working at this stage and to be able to sign in and watch each match even if the quality is only 360p or so  that's what I expected to get when I purchased!

And as mentioned if a game is on sky tv it isn't on Ifollow but I live overseas I don't get sky TV if I was able to I'd have it for sure!

So on the whole not a happy bunny as of yet I will of course give them time to get the service off the ground bit anymore missed matches then I'm sorry but that's just not good enough.