iFollow

Choppy first half stream.  Second half was better.

I find that I need to use my PC to effectively Chromecast the game to the TV (despite a very capable router and wifi internet speeds in the 65 mbps range) on 720p.

For those that are interested in having commentary, the solution I'm using is a program called Soundwire:  It uses the PC based application as the server, and then sends audio to an Android device for output (you'll find the app on the Play Store).

$4.99 CAD for the full version.

This allows me to Chromecast the iFollow feed lag free from my PC in 720, while opening up another Chrome tab on the PC to play the BBC Radio Sheffield commentary.  Soundwire then pumps the Radio Sheffield audio upstairs where I play it on an Android tablet or phone.

This is actually a nice setup because I have the lag free iFollow for visual and the crowd noises (you can hear all the songs), while still having BBC Radio Sheffield commentary.  To sync the commentary, you just typically have to pause the iFollow stream for a second then play again, and the radio commentary and iFollow will be in sync.

Edited by Indoor Owl

31 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Mine kept cutting out. Whether that's to do with VPN or not I don't know. Also stream quality kept weakening every know and then too.

If you are using a VPN, I would suggest going for a german IP address, works a treat.  

I've also found as well, you just need a VPN to log in, click on show live game then cut the VPN off, that should speed up your computer.  

Apart from the occasional hiccup the video is solid for me but I'm getting the several second (anywhere from 1 to 10+) audio lag. Same no matter what device or browser I use, and same across several different internet connections I've tried.

It's a reasonable first effort but I hope they're planning to improve it a bit further in the future. 

2 hours ago, Ronio said:

If you are using a VPN, I would suggest going for a german IP address, works a treat.  

I've also found as well, you just need a VPN to log in, click on show live game then cut the VPN off, that should speed up your computer.  

So people are still using VPNs and getting it to work? I was told the following in an email from iFollow:

We advise against using a VPN with our service. When you try to log in our system will block any use with a VPN for at least an hour.

Has anyone else had their subscription deleted? That's what happened to me. One minute it was there, the next gone. £110 and can't even listen. Wednesday Player was never this bad.

I rang iFollow today to cancel the season pass and get a refund. I've been having problems for the last couple of weeks with my IP address being blocked despite me being in France and they couldn't suggest anything that would help. It's disappointing because it was perfect for the first few games. I may try it again in the future but for now it's not worth the hassle.

9 hours ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

No problem getting a refund? I was told there'd be no refunds if cancelling the season pass early.

No problem, they were much easier to deal with on the phone than email/live chat. I explained the problems, they said there would be a 10% admin fee but I wasn't happy with that because I was only cancelling due to technical problems so they agreed to wave it. There was a pro rata deduction for the first few weeks that worked which was fair enough.

If anybody wants it this is the number: +442078264577

Also, they told me from now on anybody purchasing needs a foreign bank card and foreign billing address for the international passes. I had paid with my UK credit card but I won't be able to do that again.

3 hours ago, Muffinman said:

it would be nuts if that's what they said, since it would require everyone who travels abroad to have a foreign bank card. I have three accounts one in each of three countries but I only use them when I am there, and certainly not buying online. Wherever I was I would use my UK accounts. If there's a problem I can speak the language like a native. With the other cards sorting out a problem can be done in branch but not on the phone except with great difficulty. It would also mean anyone on a very long holiday or travelling would be stuck and unable to buy a match pass. All these silly attempts to impose borders, on the internet, where non naturally exist are stupid and doomed to failure since there is always a workaround. All it means are more opaque transactions, more staff and less revenue. On the subject of quality its dependent upon processing power, graphics cards and speed of connection. No problems at all upstairs on gaming machine. Laptop, poor downstairs. signal the same. Spec wildly different.

Yup, I explained to them that I was abroad for a period of several months and wouldn't be setting up a foreign bank account just so I can watch some football matches but that's how it is now apparently. I assume it's to try and stop people doing it with a VPN in the UK but I'm sure it will stop some people using the service at all. I'll maybe speak to them again if I try to give it another go but their approach seems draconian to me. 

16 hours ago, Wisenightowl said:

So people are still using VPNs and getting it to work? I was told the following in an email from iFollow:

We advise against using a VPN with our service. When you try to log in our system will block any use with a VPN for at least an hour.

Has anyone else had their subscription deleted? That's what happened to me. One minute it was there, the next gone. £110 and can't even listen. Wednesday Player was never this bad.

Why did you ask?  :duntmatter: