iFollow

Just now, Stevelknievel said:

Rubbish, just been on a 30 second loop for 5 mins and now it is saying they are having technical difficulties, just like Wednesday player. Why do these companies make it so hard to do something simple like provide live commentary of a football match

Was it that same bit about Irvine going to Hull and "B-B-Bywater" being in goal? lol

On 26 August 2017 at 15:37, M Royds said:

How do you sync the sound with the picture?

Sorry mate, been a bit busy. When you can actually get the live picture working, you can open a new tab and click on the listen live bit, strangely you have to login again, but it has worked for me, part from the slight awkwardness of having to pause the sound a few seconds sometimes to get the sound to match the picture.

However, I am now having my own issues with their site and need help myself. Are there any IT geniuses out there that can give their thoughts? I am in the bizarre situation of being outside the UK and ROI as iFollow demand for live games, but needing to use a VPN to 'fool' the system into thinking I am in a country that is not the UK or ROI because it otherwise thinks I am in the UK. When I login as normal without a VPN, it doesn't allow me to watch games, only listen to commentary, even though I am in the Middle East and have paid £110 for a season pass. The only way I could watch the first few games was if I used a VPN that said I was in Denmark or China, etc, but they seem to have now clamped down on any VPN use, so now I cannot access my £110 season pass, despite being in the Middle East.

I have used some IP location sites such as iplocation.net and it shows I am in the Middle East (I knew already lol), but some sites say my IP address is in the UK, even though it's the same IP address and it's 40 plus degrees outside and very sandy. I would love to know what the hell is going on because I am getting increasingly frustrated, and also angry at iFollow, whose customer support is terrible. I have contacted them and explained in detail my situation, but they reply with emails that are generic and nothing to do with what I explained to them. They even had the audacity to state that failure to adhere to the terms and conditions, namely you must be outside the UK and ROI with an internet connection of over 5Mbps to get full use of the service, is the cause of any issues I have. Not exactly great customer support seen as I'm in the Middle East and have a 10Mbps connection.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same issue when i was in Tenerife for the few week of the season. similarly, i checked my IP location and it had me somewhere in Ireland. had to use a VPN to get around it however my internet was not fast enough to work when using VPN so had to miss out unfortunately. I was on my mobile phone data if this makes any difference, had no wifi where i was staying.

Edited by zakswfc

54 minutes ago, Wisenightowl said:

Sorry mate, been a bit busy. When you can actually get the live picture working, you can open a new tab and click on the listen live bit, strangely you have to login again, but it has worked for me, part from the slight awkwardness of having to pause the sound a few seconds sometimes to get the sound to match the picture.

However, I am now having my own issues with their site and need help myself. Are there any IT geniuses out there that can give their thoughts? I am in the bizarre situation of being outside the UK and ROI as iFollow demand for live games, but needing to use a VPN to 'fool' the system into thinking I am in a country that is not the UK or ROI because it otherwise thinks I am in the UK. When I login as normal without a VPN, it doesn't allow me to watch games, only listen to commentary, even though I am in the Middle East and have paid £110 for a season pass. The only way I could watch the first few games was if I used a VPN that said I was in Denmark or China, etc, but they seem to have now clamped down on any VPN use, so now I cannot access my £110 season pass, despite being in the Middle East.

I have used some IP location sites such as iplocation.net and it shows I am in the Middle East (I knew already lol), but some sites say my IP address is in the UK, even though it's the same IP address and it's 40 plus degrees outside and very sandy. I would love to know what the hell is going on because I am getting increasingly frustrated, and also angry at iFollow, whose customer support is terrible. I have contacted them and explained in detail my situation, but they reply with emails that are generic and nothing to do with what I explained to them. They even had the audacity to state that failure to adhere to the terms and conditions, namely you must be outside the UK and ROI with an internet connection of over 5Mbps to get full use of the service, is the cause of any issues I have. Not exactly great customer support seen as I'm in the Middle East and have a 10Mbps connection.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

I had a similar problmem for the Brentford match. I was in the UK at the weekend but was back in France by Sunday evening. When I tried to watch the match on Tuesday it wouldn't let me, so I went on live chat and waited 50 minutes for a reply. The person said my IP address had been flagged by their system as suspicious and I couldn't watch. I checked my IP address and it was French, the person on live chat said there was nothing they could do and tough luck basically. Try again next time and hope it works.

But the upshot is if they don't like the look of your IP for whatever reason they don't appear toxbe able/want to help. I'm still waiting for them to reply to an email about another problem I had so I'm not really a fan of their customer service so far.