FIFA 18

Adebisi

2 hours ago, FatBadger said:

Hmmmm I'd guess 200 quid...(probably done for the year now though)

Most of my decent players have come from doing SBCs.

Basically all the money spent on packs gave me bobbar loads of 83 and less rated players....which I've used for SBCs.

And from the SBC reward packs I've had some good luck including Kante twice, Gundogan IF, Pepe, Robben, Kramaric IF, Martial and probably 4 or 5 more discard value TOTW players.

I meant Otamendi IF

I normally sell if possible any of the TOTW players that are under 82 rated as most of them are fairly useless in SBCs.

Normally the requirement is to have a TOTW player and a rating over 82,83,84 etc 

Then when I need one I just buy a cheap but highly rated TOTW card such as Lecompte - goal keeper from Monpellier.  Also the Brazilian dude that plays for the same team and is 82 or 84 rated TOTW for when you need 2x TOTW players as you then get a green link between them too.

I am still tweaking the sliders in career mode. This years fifa is a real nuisance on PC

Wednesdays new manager, Mortimer Brewster get them promoted via the play-offs in his second season.

Mr Brewster is doing a great job in the premiership with Sam Winnall being the leagues leader scorer as we enter the run in

I really like this years fifa. The graphics are phenomenal on PC. Reshade not even needed. Thats how accurate they are.

All matches can be viewed on youtube. Hang on before the forum bully shouts TROLL(again) my you tube channel has no monetization or PPP. Its just for fun. Nothing else.

Fifa 18 is very good, but the gameplay just feels dumbed down. Tackling on world class is too easy. Legendary level is easier than WC!! 

Ive already put over 100 hours in so I must like it.

Playing on XB1. Well, when I say 'playing' I use the term loosely as I'm pants at this game.

Completely ignored the Squad Building Challenges but if they get some top players then I may have to have a go... Any tips from anyone on this?

Do all the SBC's that have packs as rewards... Such as the weekly Marquee Matchups.

Usually fairly easy to complete and you get a few packs that could pack you a decent player.

Player SBC's (For a player in a decent league) are usually expensive, so you'd need to invest in them for an Untradeable item. 

I play on PC and get my sliders from operation sports. 

Origin updated the game yesterday and I alsi used the latest beta sliders from OS. 

We what a difference in the whole game. Finally it's balanced and a proper challenge. I play career mode on world class level. Until now it's been way too easy or too hard. 

In my last season wednesday finished forth in the Premier league. To be honest it all felt too easy and not entirely satisfying. 

Yesterday I lost more than than I won but the game was actually a challenge and it flowed from end to end. 

We are in the champions league now and it's a battle. It's going to be difficult to stay in the Premiership but I like a battle. It's pointless playing a game like fifa that is not a challenge. 

Let's see how the game goes today. 

On 27/11/2017 at 12:52, Mrmason69 said:

End of season. Thanks to the guidance of manager, Mortimer Brewster, Wednesday finished forth in the Premier League. 

And look who the top scorer was. Onward and upwards 

DSC_0526.JPG

You need to get out more.

Check back next week for more pro tips!

On 12/10/2017 at 12:50, Owl Be Back said:

Can anyone post some gameplay setting/sliders for playing at Professional and/or World Class level. I've been messing around at both these skill levels, playing 8 min games at slow speed and I'm just not getting the results I want.

Thanks in advance!

I was just about to post the exact same question.

Got bored of career mode after one season as it was either too easy or the opposition would have one shot on target and win the game 1-0. 

11 minutes ago, glosowl said:

... the games are far too high scoring.

I'm experiencing this too, it really is crazy; at least in Ultimate Team. Think FIFA is leaving behind the 'simulation' side and just embracing the showman arcade game elements. However, single player manager and career games/campaigns aren't as crackers.

11 hours ago, glosowl said:

I only play on career mode and I’m finding it barmy, i’m no good at the game but have lost games 6-3, 5-3 and 4-3 with a 3-3 draw and a 4-3 win in my first five games, real arcade feel to it compared to last years game

Messing about with the gameplay settings can go some way to address this in my experience.

2 hours ago, Owl Be Back said:

Messing about with the gameplay settings can go some way to address this in my experience.

Simple slider tweaks can drastically change the average amount of goals per fame, to be disappointed because it's too high scoring is a bit silly when it's simple to tweak the core gameplay to your personal preference with the sliders.