Roland Nilsson first player on the dream wall

My 15 would have been (bold shows they got in)

Pre-league

1 Charles Clegg

2 Tom Cawley

1890s/1900s

3 Fred Spiksley

4 Tommy Crawshaw

5 Andrew Wilson

1920s/1930s

6 Ernest Blenkinsop

7 Jack Brown

8 Ellis Rimmer

1950s/1960s

9 Redfern Froggatt

10 Derek Dooley

11 Ron Springett

12 John Fantham

1980s/1990s

13 John Sheridan

14 David Hirst

15 Chris Waddle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Etchesketch said:

Being pick I'd say 4.  Walker signed in 93 and I associate him with the post 93 team that started to slowly go downhill under Francis, Pleat and Wilson. Not surprising that there are those from the same team as it is the most sucessful team we have had in the last fifty years and the fans voted. I would have preferred Sterland to Walker to represent the 80s side that went up and stayed in the top flight.

True, but Walker is still the best CB I've seen play for Wednesday in my 35 years of going, and has to be the best from the last 50 years, Lyons and Pearson are the central defenders I've seen that come close. Walker kept us up virtually singlehandedly for a couple of seasons in that declining side.

Sterland is actually unlucky that we later got a player as good as Roland Nilsson - otherwise he'd be everybody's automatic choice at RB in their all-time XIs.

• Like 1

Don't have any problem with that 15 to be honest. Our most successful period was that long ago it comes as no surprise they are under-represented, just like it's no surprise that the best years in my life time are probably over-represented. I'm sure had it been done internally ans not put to the supporter vote then there might have been a few differences.

The biggest talking point I guess is Bullen, but the iconic moment of lifting that trophy (albeit a trophy I'd rather not see us have - by that, playing at a level I don't want to see us playing at!) and his celebration drink in his sandals/flip-flops will forever we etched on the memories of Wednesday fans, so I understand his inclusion - especially for the younger generation.

I wouldn't have been devastated had Des missed out - whilst he's probably the best central defender for the club in my lifetime and amassed a tremendous amount of appearances for us, his era will be remembered for what should have been; and the opposite happened as we began a massive decline (not really Walker's fault, but he's associated with it by being part of the squad of players during that time). That said, no complaints that he's in.

Ellis Rimmer is probably the most notable absence.

2 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

My 15 would have been (bold shows they got in)

Pre-league

1 Charles Clegg

2 Tom Cawley

1890s/1900s

3 Fred Spiksley

4 Tommy Crawshaw

5 Andrew Wilson

1920s/1930s

6 Ernest Blenkinsop

7 Jack Brown

8 Ellis Rimmer

1950s/1960s

9 Redfern Froggatt

10 Derek Dooley

11 Ron Springett

12 John Fantham

1980s/1990s

13 John Sheridan

14 David Hirst

15 Chris Waddle

Can't argue wit that.  A much better selection.