Roland Nilsson first player on the dream wall

SWFC150

Dream Scene: Dooley makes the anniversary painting

Just now

Large

Lethal former Owls striker Derek Dooley is the penultimate player in the Sheffield Wednesday Dream Scene.

Dooley scored an astonishing 63 goals in 63 games for Wednesday between 1947 and 1953 before tragic circumstances led to the native Sheffielder having his right leg amputated, putting an end to his playing career.

He went on to manage the Owls between 1971 and 1973 before a long term affiliation with Sheffield United - including a stint as chairman - made Dooley an icon on both sides of the Steel City.

He was awarded an MBE in the 2003 New Year’s honours list for his services to football.

derek_dooley.jpg

Dooley becomes the 14th player in the fantasy dressing room painting which artist Jamie Cooper will be revealing at the Owls’ 150th anniversary dinner next Monday, 4 September.

You can secure your place at this not to be missed event at Ponds Forge by CLICKING HERE

There is just one more player to go in the Sheffield Wednesday Dream Scene, so keep a close eye out in the build-up the anniversary dinner next Monday!

Who do you think it will be?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, torres said:

With only one place left to go, you have to ask the question how on earth is Bullen on there???

I thought there would be room for more players tbh, obviously not. :wacko:

Edited by Woozie

Just now, torres said:

There should be really, with 150 years of History there should be at least 30-50 players on there.

Yeah, looking at his other paintings I was hoping for more players, a lot of his team paintings have at least 20 people in them.

2 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Yeah, looking at his other paintings I was hoping for more players, a lot of his team paintings have at least 20 people in them.

Dare i say, it's another thing the club haven't got quite right.

The right intentions are there but the execution isn't quite right . . .again.

I

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

It was voted by the fans... 

I was going to ask this question.

When was the vote? 

Surely the vote would have been by the younger generation and therefore some of the picks seem a bit odd i.e players most would never of heard of 

5 hours ago, Woozie said:

Got to be Hirst

4 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

If Bullen and Walker are on and Hirst turns out not to be, there are going to be a lot of mystified and angry fans!

Will Hirst be on after the George contract/loan/sell scenario

2 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Should be.  The vote was done in February and the artist has done it all.  That should not have anything to do with Hirsty not being on a picture.  Would be a disgrace.

I totally agree

however, if DC wants to omit him ???

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

I totally agree

however, if DC wants to omit him ???

I think he will be the last player on it tbh..  Don't think DC would do it  but we may never know.  One thing there is no way on a public vote David Hirst wouldn't get enough votes to be on.