Roland Nilsson first player on the dream wall

The other thing in Bullen's favour is that memorable pose of him sat up against the wall with a drink, which I think is a big reason for his inclusion as it adds more story to the painting, rather than just being a drawing of a few random men in a room.

Edited by Dan™

Both of Tommy Crawshaw's medals will be on display at our talk on 11 November (no football that weekend) along with his England caps and shirt badge. This is an Official club event for the 150 year anniversary and will be officially announced on the club website within the next week. Tickets are already on sale. Appreciate that it's not for everyone, but there are a lot of people who will enjoy it. 

There is an exclusive 40 page book 'The Olive Grove Scrapbook' that will be given away on the night to every one who attends and contains newspaper clippings, photo's, illustrations from the Olive Grove era. The first 50 people to buy tickets will also get a set of 11 collectable cards of the 1896 team that are not available anywhere else. I've attached the flier and a picture of one of the cards. 

would be great to see al many down at Hillsborough as possible for this, as the collection of memorabilia will never come together again.

Flier_Front.jpg

Flier_Back.jpg

Crawshaw.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, clive.nicholson said:

Both of Tommy Crawshaw's medals will be on display at our talk on 11 November (no football that weekend) along with his England caps and shirt badge. This is an Official club event for the 150 year anniversary and will be officially announced on the club website within the next week. Tickets are already on sale. Appreciate that it's not for everyone, but there are a lot of people who will enjoy it. 

There is an exclusive 40 page book 'The Olive Grove Scrapbook' that will be given away on the night to every one who attends and contains newspaper clippings, photo's, illustrations from the Olive Grove era. The first 50 people to buy tickets will also get a set of 11 collectable cards of the 1896 team that are not available anywhere else. I've attached the flier and a picture of one of the cards. 

would be great to see al many down at Hillsborough as possible for this, as the collection of memorabilia will never come together again.

Flier_Front.jpg

Flier_Back.jpg

Crawshaw.jpg

I should have said, both his FA Cup winners medals (unique in the clubs history, as only player to ever do that) plus his League medals and there is a lot of other pieces from other collections comping too.

On 14/08/2017 at 13:00, Kanye West said:

To add on to what @SallyCinnamon said previously:

The current fans up to about 25 years of age have no affiliation (might be speaking for myself) to the older players like Nilsson, Waddle etc as we simply never saw them play. 

In the last 20 years or so there isn't anyone I don't think that would be more suited on there than Bullen for the younger generation, so for that I'm glad he's on there.

Do the younger generation have memory loss too then as I (of slightly more mature years) seem to remember bullen being the boo boy rather than a 'legend' 

it's very hard to see how bullen got in ,loyal servant and iconic moment have been mentioned but that's not enough to warrant is inclusion(for me anyway) .Gerry young was a far longer serving player , played for England ,spent nearly all his years in the top flight , scored hat tricks against roma & man utd and was an outstanding defender and if they want an iconic photo the sprawled on the turf at Wembley with springett consoling him   is a hard one to beat  .i'm not saying Gerry should be in but he as far greater credentials than bullen .......as for terry curran he was no bigger hero than rodger wylde from that era and walked away from the club to join the blunts on the strength of they offered more money ....it's all just getting a bit silly and a more apt title for the painting would be a " a cross section of some players who have played for us " .

Edited by torryowl

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

it's very hard to see how bullen got in ,loyal servant and iconic moment have been mentioned but that's not enough to warrant is inclusion(for me anyway) .Gerry young was a far longer serving player , played for England ,spent nearly all his years in the top flight , scored hat tricks against roma & man utd and was an outstanding defender and if they want an iconic photo the sprawled on the turf at Wembley with springett consoling him   is a hard one to beat  .i'm not saying Gerry should be in but he as far greater credentials than bullen .......as for terry curran he was no bigger hero than rodger wylde from that era and walked away from the club to join the blunts on the strength of they offered more money ....it's all just getting a bit silly and a more apt title for the painting would be a " a cross section of some players who have played for us " .

Don't worry. Gerry Young's handing you a bottle of beer in the next one. Itk.

3 hours ago, clive.nicholson said:

Flier_Front.jpg

Flier_Back.jpg

Crawshaw.jpg

Ticket bought. Sounds fantastic. 

On 8/14/2017 at 08:00, Kanye West said:

To add on to what @SallyCinnamon said previously:

The current fans up to about 25 years of age have no affiliation (might be speaking for myself) to the older players like Nilsson, Waddle etc as we simply never saw them play. 

In the last 20 years or so there isn't anyone I don't think that would be more suited on there than Bullen for the younger generation, so for that I'm glad he's on there.

This makes no sense.

I never saw Jim McCalliog, Don Megson, or David Ford play, but I know my history, and I know what it takes to be a "legend"

6 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

This makes no sense.

I never saw Jim McCalliog, Don Megson, or David Ford play, but I know my history, and I know what it takes to be a "legend"

Who said it was all "legends" on it?

In terms of the last 20 years or so (almost 1/6 of the clubs history), there is no one else other than Bullen who'd have fitted on there. 

we can all have different opinions on who should or shouldn't be in ,legendary players from way back , loyal players who played for 15-20 years , great players who didn't stay long but contributed something to the club like nilsson &waddle .....but bullen and curran hardly fit into any of those categories.sure curran scored goals that got us out the 3rd division but so did steve maclean & gary madine but I doubt they have anyone championing them ...........it's on a par with if the blunts did one and included bob hatton and keith Edwards for getting them out the 4th division ,how'd we chuckle and deride that ......what makes it even more amazing is if there is only one place left then one or both of hirst & Dooley arnt going to be in . 

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we can all have different opinions on who should or shouldn't be in ,legendary players from way back , loyal players who played for 15-20 years , great players who didn't stay long but contributed something to the club like nilsson &waddle .....but bullen and curran hardly fit into any of those categories.sure curran scored goals that got us out the 3rd division but so did steve maclean & gary madine but I doubt they have anyone championing them ...........it's on a par with if the blunts did one and included bob hatton and keith Edwards for getting them out the 4th division ,how'd we chuckle and deride that ......what makes it even more amazing is if there is only one place left then one or both of hirst & Dooley arnt going to be in . 

Bullen's inclusion has diminished the scene IMO, the pic of him laid in the floor is the ONLY reason he's got in. Legend? Nowhere near

How'd you know there's only one place left? Not sure they've actually said how many there are going to be.  You'd surely expect both Dooley and Hirst to be on, and looking at the Nilsson last game video, Worthington springs to mind. Most international caps at our club.

Bullen, it's a no from me,

Looks to me as if there's two more additions to this scene left - to the right of Springett & to the left of Waddle (between Waddle & Shez).

who do we think these last two are going to be? Hirst? Dooley? Pearson? Rimmer? Froggatt? Sterland? Any other possibilities?

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

To be fair to Curran, he was a real cult hero, scored some crackers against the pigs and produced a classic Wednesday anthem. Bullen on the other hand was a mediocre league 1 player who had 'Pashun'.