Roland Nilsson first player on the dream wall

3 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Frankly, I couldn't care less about most of the players on this painting.  Never even heard of some of them.

They were playing well before I was even born (1981), let alone before I was aware of supporting SWFC.

Bullen was the figurehead and captain of the team that helped give me the greatest day of being a Wednesday fan in my 36 year old life.

I'll take that every day of the week.

I was born in 1981 too but I disagree about having Bullen on the painting. We've had two bad spells in our history in our the 70s and 2000s, and it seems unfair to include players from those era's, especially when there are players before the war and during the wartime, and just after it, up to the mid 60s and you could conclude the 80s as well as the 90s that have done so much more for Wednesday's history. The only 90s player I voted for was Nilsson, has I feared it would be dominated by the 90s, when a lot of our success came from before the 90s. Personally I hope Hirst is included but I think it will be sad if the likes of Jackie Robinson; Rimmer, Starling and Crawshaw, etc were overlooked.

4 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

SPOILER ALERT!

Tried cobbling together the bits and pieces that have been shown in the various previews each week. I reckon Crawshaw is going to be sat in between Wilson and Megson in the centre of the picture.

Sheridan and Nilsson are over to the left of Waddle in a door way but there is a space in between which hopefully will be where Hirst is.

Gives a rough idea of how the finished picture will look anyway.

5993562dd87d7_DreamScene.thumb.jpg.b7753762b3b6d91be4c84b7352c14fb8.jpg

Thanks for this.

Okay, so Crawshaw is sat in the middle. 

The blog entry for Ron Springett says Ron is "looking sideways in conversation with someone in particular".

In the last sentence he drops a hint that a striker is sat next to Ron, "I found that one of his quirks was to have a notebook on opposition strikers and their spot kicking methods. He is letting a famous teammate know he has him in the book too!! I wonder who it could be?". (My guess would be Derek Dooley).

In the blog entry for Chris Waddle, the artist used this image to draw Waddle. Also the John Sheridan entry says "In one hand is the Trophy and in the other hand a little gift for a close mate". So maybe Hirst is next to Waddle with Sheridan handing him a drink?

I'm guessing the players that are missing are Crawshaw, Hirst, and Dooley; and that's just going off of what's here. Jamie's other paintings are fairly large so I'm sure there's room for some more players i.e. Rimmer, Starling, Robinson etc.

Maybe there's even room for Semedo? lol

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

SPOILER ALERT!

Tried cobbling together the bits and pieces that have been shown in the various previews each week. I reckon Crawshaw is going to be sat in between Wilson and Megson in the centre of the picture.

Sheridan and Nilsson are over to the left of Waddle in a door way but there is a space in between which hopefully will be where Hirst is.

2 hours ago, Woozie said:

Thanks for this.

The blog entry for Ron Springett says Ron is "looking sideways in conversation with someone in particular".

In the last sentence he drops a hint that a striker is sat next to Ron, "I found that one of his quirks was to have a notebook on opposition strikers and their spot kicking methods. He is letting a famous teammate know he has him in the book too!! I wonder who it could be?". (My guess would be Derek Dooley).

In the blog entry for Chris Waddle, the artist used this image to draw Waddle. Also the John Sheridan entry says "In one hand is the Trophy and in the other hand a little gift for a close mate". So maybe Hirst is next to Waddle with Sheridan handing him a drink?

I'm guessing the players that are missing are Crawshaw, Hirst, and Dooley; and that's just going off of what's here. Jamie's other paintings are fairly large so I'm sure there's room for some more players i.e. Rimmer, Starling, Robinson etc.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

How in the name of God has Bullen made it on to that. 

When you think of legendary greats who have worn the famous blue and white, Bullen isn't a name that even creeps into the top 100.

It is a fascinating concept. It will look great when it's complete. Even though I think it's spoiled by including Bullen, overlooking that, it does look very interesting the way it almost tells a story. It's like those players from different eras, are all there together in spirit, enjoying and celebrating the history of our famous old club. Hats off to the artist for the way he's pieced it together and bringing to life many great memories together into one dramatic dressing room scene. Looking at it coming together, I'm intrigued about seeing it complete, it already looks interesting. And to be fair, it's near impossible to please everyone with who is picked and who isn't.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

It is a fascinating concept. It will look great when it's complete. Even though I think it's spoiled by including Bullen, overlooking that, it does look very interesting the way it almost tells a story. It's like those players from different eras, are all there together in spirit, enjoying and celebrating the history of our famous old club. Hats off to the artist for the way he's pieced it together and bringing to life many great memories together into one dramatic dressing room scene. Looking at it coming together, I'm intrigued about seeing it complete, it already looks interesting. And to be fair, it's near impossible to please everyone with who is picked and who isn't.

It is impossible to please everyone but bloody Bullen, who we having next Ola Tidman. 

Edited by Blue and white
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Woozie said:

Thanks for this.

Impressive insight for a blind man. ;-)

• Haha 1

In my opinion there should not be any shirt fillers in this just to placate a certain generation.

If all our legends came in a bygone era, that's just unfortunate, but that's how it should be

People in 50 years time will look back at this and think Bullen, what were people thinking?

No disrespect intended, but people should have seen past their own generation, and seen the greater picture

In this case it is not

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

In my opinion there should not be any shirt fillers in this just to placate a certain generation.

If all our legends came in a bygone era, that's just unfortunate, but that's how it should be

People in 50 years time will look back at this and think Bullen, what were people thinking?

No disrespect intended, but people should have seen past their own generation, and seen the greater picture

In this case it is not

Can't plus this enough Hoots, absolutely bang on IMO Mike Lyons is more worthy than Bullen and I can think of a lot more from a bygone age who should be on there.

1 minute ago, Andoverowl said:

Can't plus this enough Hoots, absolutely bang on IMO Mike Lyons is more worthy than Bullen and I can think of a lot more from a bygone age who should be on there.

The way I see it

If something like this is commissioned for our 200th anniversary, Bullen won't get a vote, whereas many of the other players on the print will

He's just been included to placate our younger generation

No player of the last 15 years should have made the cut

This project could have been something special, when I first heard of the concept, I said this was far too important an item to be left to supports

No disrespect intended, but how can a journeyman player make the cut

It beggars belief

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

ALMOST can't believe that you lot can find a way to whinge and moan about even this. "But I wanted Tommy Crawshaw!! Bullen isn't in my top it 1000!". It's a sodding picture to illustrate our history! It represents ALL our fan base, and was voted for by fans! The one good thing about it so far, is it shows the pathetic childish moaning on the internet will happen regardless. So it's perhaps a good pointer of whose opinion to avoid in future. 

Whinge about the manager. Whinge about the new player no one has seen play. Whinge about the players that do play. Whinge about who was in the right during a fight no one saw happen. Whinge about the chairman spending his money on - or not. Whinge about the ticket prices. Whinge 'cos there's no 'owls in the park'. And now we even whinge about a world class painting because you'd have done it differently!

**** you owlstalk. You're a ****.

13 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

SPOILER ALERT!

Good effort that, you missed Roland out though 

5 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

So opinions aren't welcome on a site about.............opinions

Cmon Hootie you've been around long enough to know how it works...you're allowed an opinion as long as its the same as their opinion.