Roland Nilsson first player on the dream wall

Don't see the problem with having bullen in there. It's not all about ability but what they gave for the club. Bullen was exactly what you wanted as a captain and gave everything for the shirt. For those of us not lucky enough to remember the likes of waddle and Hirst I think bullen is a good choice from the modern era. Who else would you have chosen? 

3 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

Don't see the problem with having bullen in there. It's not all about ability but what they gave for the club. Bullen was exactly what you wanted as a captain and gave everything for the shirt. For those of us not lucky enough to remember the likes of waddle and Hirst I think bullen is a good choice from the modern era. Who else would you have chosen? 

I think it's the fact that over our 150 year history there are several players that should absolutely be in before Bullen.  However, it is not complete yet so I'll reserve judgement until it is.

You do raise a valid point though, there isn't much choice when it comes to the last 15/20 years.....

Just now, erowl said:

But it's not about having to have a player from a certain era...It's about real legends of the club and Lee Bullen is nowhere near one.

Not to you maybe but to a lot of younger people he is, myself included. 

Lot of time for Bullen. 100% man.

Covered all the positions- not any will ever match that,  if ever.

Last player to lift a trophy of any kind.

Wouldn't have been my pick.....but can see why he might have been mentioned .

--------------------------------------------------

He's been around a lot longer than some of the other legends, was a part of a winning team and is the subject of an iconic moment in SWFC history.

If he'd have scored against the blades on top of all that everyone would be gushing.  Fair play to you, Bully.

I'm satisfied with that.

1 minute ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Shocking.

The standard of player them piggies would have if they did a dream scene. 

Imagine if David Hirst doesnt get on it.... means its become political rather than a true reflection of legends. 

fouukin farcical.

Hirst will be on it.  They can't ignore him.

It's more than likely that he'll be the last one announced.

Just now, wednesdaywizard said:

Hirst will be on it.  They can't ignore him.

It's more than likely that he'll be the last one announced.

You would hope so, 

I just got a bad feeling that him leaving his role at the club the other month may count against him.... it shouldn't, but if it does its BS.

2 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

The pair of legs behind Bullen's out stretched arm look like the shorts from the 1998 home kit (iirc)...those legs look like like a certain P Di Canio....could be completely wrong, but worth pointing out!

That's Des Walker... DesWalker lol

Have a look at this blog and you can start to piece it together.

http://www.jamiecooperartist.com/swfc/

Edited by wednesdaywizard

Lee Bullen? Seriously??

A cult hero yes but absolutely no way a club legend. I'd actually argue that nobody post our Premier League days deserves to be in this picture, I hear the argument about this being one for the younger fans but the guy still is not a club legend, not in a million years.

Absolutely love him but he was only ever at the club due to us falling on hard times as have been the majority of players here between 2000 and 2015.

I'd actually argue that assuming Bullen is classed as a centre half for this picture, that both Nigel Pearson and Peter Shirtliff have done more to warrant an addition to this painting.

All about opinions I suppose but this is mine.

Also I'll be extremely disappointed if David Hirst is not included in this picture.