Roland Nilsson first player on the dream wall

Curran is an absolute icon

He dropped down two divisions to play for the club he loved, and he transformed us.

He delivered goals, chances, and flair, for me he was the 'Waddle' of that generation, a player that had you on the edge of your seat everytime he got the ball.

My son thinks Forestieri is a great player, probably because he's only 20, and he never saw our greats, but Curran was the player Forestieri can only dream about being

I'm happy with this choice, still can't believe Waddle and Rimmer aren't in there though.

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Dream Scene: Waddle in the picture

1 Hour ago

Large

The Owls are pleased to announce the 11th player in the Sheffield Wednesday Dream Scene as wing wizard Chris Waddle.

The wideman signed for Wednesday in 1992 after a spell in France with Marseille and in his four years with the Owls became a firm fans’ favourite.

The England international had many memorable moments in the blue and white, but his 30-yard free kick against Sheffield United at Wembley in the FA Cup semi final in 1993 is a particular highlight amongst Owls fans.

chris-waddle_celebration.jpg

Australian artist Jamie Cooper has spent the summer working on the Dream Scene project and will reveal the iconic painting at the club’s 150th anniversary dinner on Monday 4 September.

• Like 1

So glad to see Chris Waddle included.

He had to be he was a class player.

The first Premier League player of the year.

A European star and England legend, a favourite at all his clubs. And he was unplayable and phenomenal in his first two years for us, which along with his spell in France was the best form of his career. A magical player and one of my favourite players in my childhood even before we signed him. 

Also it looks like there will be more than 11 players included. That's great to hear because there are still quite a few legends that deserve a place in the dressing room scene. I'd still like to see the likes of Crawshaw; Rimmer, Jackie Robinson and Hirst included. 

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

2 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

So glad to see Chris Waddle included.

He had to be he was a class player.

The first Premier League player of the year.

A European star and England legend, a favourite at all his clubs. And he was unplayable and phenomenal in his first two years for us, which along with his spell in France was the best form of his career. A magical player and one of my favourite players in my childhood even before we signed him. 

Also it looks like there will be more than 11 players included. That's great to here because there are still quite a few legends that deserve a place in the dressing room scene. I'd still like to see the likes of Crawshaw; Rimmer, Jackie Robinson and Hirst included. 

Completely agree, couldn't believe it when it was announced we had signed him.

Played wide midfield in a 4-4-2 for us and thrived because he wasn't restricted by having to do too many defensive duties. Helped the we had Palmer's long legs roaming around the midfield to mop things up and we did concede a few goals but played to our strengths by attacking the opposition and giving our flair players a platform to perform.........................

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Completely agree, couldn't believe it when it was announced we had signed him.

Played wide midfield in a 4-4-2 for us and thrived because he wasn't restricted by having to do too many defensive duties. Helped the we had Palmer's long legs roaming around the midfield to mop things up and we did concede a few goals but played to our strengths by attacking the opposition and giving our flair players a platform to perform.........................

Those were exciting times and a exciting team to watch. We were very lucky back then to have quality top class players like the likes of Waddle and Nilsson back then, with European and World class club and international pedigree. Nowadays we'd have no chance to obtain players like that and they would cost obscene amounts.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

Roland..The only full back we ever had that made me relax at Hillsborough, or any other ground he played for us at.

You watch a ball played down the wing when you have.....Well i'm not naming names, but any other other right back..and you shout "Away"""""""!!!!!!!..."Punt it!!!!!!!!...Purritt OUT!!!!!!!!!!

When it was Roland, you sat back an' lit a ciggie...

"Its Rolands"

total  professional

You know when The Owls are away and you listen to the radio, and the commentator gets reight excited as the opposition attack down the wing, and you think...F.ookin' Ell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

When you heard..."And he's covered by Niilson"..

You put the kettle on...

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1

Woot! For Waddle. 

Also re the number of players to be included, did the club say there would only be ten? They asked people to submit ten names but that doesn't mean that's the number to be included.

Hirst and Rimmer. Yes. They have to be there given who has come before them. 

Former Owls captain and current coach Lee Bullen is the 12th player confirmed in the Sheffield Wednesday Dream Scene.

The Scotsman has an affinity with Wednesday going back 13 years when he joined the Owls on a free transfer after leaving Dunfermline in 2004.

He was given the armband and would lead the club during one of their most exciting seasons in modern times, finishing with a 2005 4-2 play-off final win over Hartlepool at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, a day that will live long in the memories of Wednesdayites.

Altogether, Bullen played 148 games during a four-year stay with the Owls as a player, scoring nine goals.

He also has the unique honour of having played in every position for the club, including goalkeeper.

lee-bullen_dream-scene.jpg

Following a brief stint with Falkirk, Bullen re-joined Wednesday in 2011 as a coach in the club’s youth set-up, managing the Owls’ Development Squad before stepping up to the first team backroom staff.

He joins the dressing room in the club’s 150th anniversary painting, which Australian artist Jamie Cooper has completed this summer.

The artwork will be unveiled at the Owls’ 150th anniversary black-tie dinner on Monday 4 September to celebrate the club’s great history, CLICK HERE to find out more.

CLICK HERE to check out Jamie’s behind the scenes blog.

The Dream Scene squad is almost complete, so keep a look out for which player will be revealed next!

smh