Which one hurt the most?

Guest RocketOwl

Guest ka58
2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I think you'll find all 24 of the matches we won were just papering over the cracks.

I've been doing some statistical analysis, and if you discount those 24 matches, we'd actually have finished bottom of the league.

There's some food for thought, eh?

:manager:

End of the day - 81 points masked a disastrous season. 

I genuinely can't decide.

Last season hurt because of the drama of it. A single goal at Wembley after a season where it felt like we gave everything.

This season has felt more dissapointing as a whole piece. I actually don't think we deserve it this season in a year where we've constantly had massive question marks over transfers, performances, individual players and systems. It's felt like a slog and a grind just to get to the minimum required and our defeat to a more dynamic side over 2 legs just ended up feeling flat, lifeless and - when all was said and done - probably predictable. But the expectations were SO much higher.

Guest ka58
1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Exactly. If you take away the points we earned via draws and victories, we'd have ended the season with nothing.

What really gets my goat is how the team conned everyone by deliberately playing badly with no team spirit during those 6 consecutive victories- just to con us into thinking they were a good side.

disgrace.

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, how dare he take off an injured player!?

Outrageous.  He's needs to go.  I never want to see another manager amass a measly 81 points in the Championship.

On 30/05/2017 at 23:44, rickygoo said:

One thing I noticed last season was how few black players we have. In 2012 they did a survey and 1/3 of Premier League players were black. So you would assume around 5 players in any given matchday squad would be black.

If I recall right in that last game we had no black players in the squad - and have very few in the whole squad of potential first teamers. And of the ones we had two were out on loan, one was ostracised and one found religion. 

An interesting statistical aberration taking us accidentally back to pre-Tony Cunningham days. 

WTF?

15 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

This one hurts the most:

DBPzNlPXkAAjyg2.jpg

I would like Wednesday to get to the Premier league to test themselves against the biggest clubs and the best players.

Big crowds and lots of interest.

Reading these sort of figures does not make me excited to get into the Premier League, make me think the game is going in the wrong direction and has lost its way and even further away from those who sit in the stands to watch.

its got to be the second. I know you dont win matches on paper, but realistically we should have beaten both hudders then reading. I dont think we will get an easier chance than last time around. Plus at least the first time around we reached wembley  

Can I add another 

people going on and on and on and on and on about the bloody thing now it's over and done with another season in championship where quite possible we can get our name on the trophy as champs (I'm optimistic) automatic atleast next year no heartbreak with a bit of luck. Personally I'm lookig forward to another season contending at the top of the league instead of the potential premier league relegation scraps. It'll be a good season this year.

51 minutes ago, Animal said:

its got to be the second. I know you dont win matches on paper, but realistically we should have beaten both hudders then reading. I dont think we will get an easier chance than last time around. Plus at least the first time around we reached wembley  

Reading finished above us in the league and beat us home and away, as well as being a bit of a bogey team. I don't understand why people are so confident we'd have beaten them in the Play-offs.

Reading through this thread had me thinking back over the season and the match that I think was a defining moment was  Dorby away . From the kickoff we were on it in a big way . The early season contratempts with FF had been "overcome" and we were absolutly hammering them . Enter a blind ref and the most blatent hand ball on the line you could wish to see and as much as we tried it all ended t##s up.

We were not the same team after that for a long time . All because a ferkin ref needed an eye test:rolleyes:.

18 minutes ago, Tarquin said:

Reading through this thread had me thinking back over the season and the match that I think was a defining moment was  Dorby away . From the kickoff we were on it in a big way . The early season contratempts with FF had been "overcome" and we were absolutly hammering them . Enter a blind ref and the most blatent hand ball on the line you could wish to see and as much as we tried it all ended t##s up.

We were not the same team after that for a long time . All because a ferkin ref needed an eye test:rolleyes:.

I agree and it also sent them on a good run

Much worse for me this season

We lost to Hull but I was over it by the time I'd got out of Wembley and back to the pub

This time it feels like the easiest opportunity has been missed and it's still pi$$ing me off thinking about it

If Carlos starts the first 45 minutes of next season like a negative tw@t again then he can phookoff