Makes it worse

Compare the Last two seasons Under CC 2015/16 and 2016/17 and before he'd arrived at S6 which was about 2014/15 season,Then i'd say we've have made very significant progress indeed in what is a very tough league.If we continue to make the same steady progress under CC,Then we will get our just rewards.So less of this petty moaning and get behind the team for the 2017/18 Season.:manager:

Gutted watching some of it yesterday.

Like many I just knew that should've been us.

But it wasn't

Time to move on.

Be tougher next season imo but nowt we can do but hope for more considered recruitment, a more positive approach, more options to change things and more luck with injuries.

Time to move on.

Still gutted though...!

People need to show more respect to The Championship. It's a very tough league, and connot be simply purchased or waved a magic stick at. 

What Wagner has done at Hudd is fantastic but very rare. And although I am a little jealous of their promotion, I do not envy their manager or club. Good luck to them but we will be higher than them in the next 3 years. 

We we need to remember that this is only CCs second season in English football and he's finished 6th and 4th respectively. 

As a club we have our house in order, which is something we haven't be able to say for nearly 20 years. If you look at the clubs that have gained promotion in the last few years, they have mainly been run very well and is an essential to survive in the PL. 

We are progressing as a club and are very lucky to have the chairman we have at the helm. Will CC guide us to the PL?, time will tell. But if he doesn't, he's more than played his part getting this club back to where it belongs. 

22 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

At the end of the day Huddersfield had a good run... they didn't play amazing football in the playoffs, they just happend to win on pens..

Sometimes those teams just manage to do it somehow.. like Leicester did in the premiership. It's football and sometimes it defies what shouldn't be possible. Same budget as Rotherham and they sank like a stone, udders just had that spirit. That can't be bought.

Not wanting to bring up last season or defeat to Huddersfield, but they had a very shrewd manager that made some extremely good signings and loan signings, had a plan that they all fitted into, our problem was it seemed more chaos and panic with signings, followed by square pegs in round holes too often,so fair credit to Huddersfield on getting things right, my main hope is we do the same next season. 

22 minutes ago, Pod9 said:

People need to show more respect to The Championship. It's a very tough league, and connot be simply purchased or waved a magic stick at. 

What Wagner has done at Hudd is fantastic but very rare. And although I am a little jealous of their promotion, I do not envy their manager or club. Good luck to them but we will be higher than them in the next 3 years. 

We we need to remember that this is only CCs second season in English football and he's finished 6th and 4th respectively. 

As a club we have our house in order, which is something we haven't be able to say for nearly 20 years. If you look at the clubs that have gained promotion in the last few years, they have mainly been run very well and is an essential to survive in the PL. 

We are progressing as a club and are very lucky to have the chairman we have at the helm. Will CC guide us to the PL?, time will tell. But if he doesn't, he's more than played his part getting this club back to where it belongs. 

Great Post.:manager::biggrin:

14 hours ago, Ali G said:

I was indifferent about Carlos signing a new contract but now I'm disappointed. Huddersfield with a budget of just 12 million have gone up yet Carlos with a budget of over 30 million can't get us past one of the lowest budget teams in the division. Over 2 seasons that's bad management. 

Does that Mankini chaff ?

14 hours ago, Ali G said:

I was indifferent about Carlos signing a new contract but now I'm disappointed. Huddersfield with a budget of just 12 million have gone up yet Carlos with a budget of over 30 million can't get us past one of the lowest budget teams in the division. Over 2 seasons that's bad management. 

Ok Then...

Money does not buy promotion, but usually helps you get in a position to challenge unless you have a half wit for a manager.  

I for one am glad CC is staying, should know what to do after 2 years and players he understands. Chopping and changing managers has brought us so much recent success........

3 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Money does not buy promotion, but usually helps you get in a position to challenge unless you have a half wit for a manager.  

I for one am glad CC is staying, should know what to do after 2 years and players he understands. Chopping and changing managers has brought us so much recent success........

I believe any manager of recent years would have achieved what CC has given the resources he has enjoyed

We might even be in the premier now

So it's not changing managers that has been pivotal in us not doing well in recent seasons - but the lack of resources

We have significant money come in - we do a lot better

Hardly rocket science

14 hours ago, james o connor said:

Does Aston Villa failing justify our own shortcomings? We are on about Wednesday who have failed twice on the trot with a far substantial budget compared to Huddersfield who charge there fans nothing and have gone up at the first attempt. It's a very very valid point   

According to Transfermarkt, 2016/17 transfer spends were;

Villa spent £72m

Norwich spent £22.5m

Newcastle spent £55m

Brighton spent £7.8m

Derby spent £14.6m

Wednesday spent £9.26m (Rhodes on loan not included as a fee)

Wolves spent £30m

Bristol spent £10.6m

Reading spent £7.5m

Fulham spent £21m

Huddersfield spent £3.7m

14 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Blunt or not its a bloody fair point.

Only if you want to compare us soley with Huddersfield. I could equally say we overachieved because we finished ahead of Norwich, Villa and Derby.

The reality is 4th is about in line with what we could have expected. Yes we were disappointing in the playoff games but its unfair to judge a manger simply on one 2 leg tie. League position is a far better indicator as to what he can achieve next season.

14 hours ago, james o connor said:

Does Aston Villa failing justify our own shortcomings? We are on about Wednesday who have failed twice on the trot with a far substantial budget compared to Huddersfield who charge there fans nothing and have gone up at the first attempt. It's a very very valid point   

Personally I don't count a 6th and 4th place finish as failure. 

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

According to Transfermarkt, 2016/17 transfer spends were;

Villa spent £72m

Norwich spent £22.5m

Newcastle spent £55m

Brighton spent £7.8m

Derby spent £14.6m

Wednesday spent £9.26m (Rhodes on loan not included as a fee)

Wolves spent £30m

Bristol spent £10.6m

Reading spent £7.5m

Fulham spent £21m

Huddersfield spent £3.7m

Good point but teams like Huddersfield brought some quality players in on loan. 

If they had bought em they probably would have spent as much as most other clubs in Championship. 

Just now, bradowl said:

Good point but teams like Huddersfield brought some quality players in on loan. 

If they had bought em they probably would have spent as much as most other clubs in Championship. 

Indeed.

It also suggests that Brighton didnt spend that much either, but the reality was they added the right players to an already capable squad, and it pushed them into the autos.

Which is what we need to be looking at.

24 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

they wanted it more is the only answer i can fathom , makes no odds though as that ship has sailed

I seriously doubt that is true. More likely is that their expectations were lower and so they played with more freedom and less pressure.

You CAN buy the title and automatic promotion - Bournemouth proved this by "cheating" the FFP rules. Previously, Leicester, Portsmouth and Fulham did the same with wealthy backers. Leicester broke the FFP rules the year before they were promoted - remember the Sven-Goran Eriksson era when they bought Yakubu and the like for silly money?

2 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

You CAN buy the title and automatic promotion - Bournemouth proved this by "cheating" the FFP rules. Previously, Leicester, Portsmouth and Fulham did the same with wealthy backers. Leicester broke the FFP rules the year before they were promoted - remember the Sven-Goran Eriksson era when they bought Yakubu and the like for silly money?

Yakubu was on loan