Makes it worse

I was indifferent about Carlos signing a new contract but now I'm disappointed. Huddersfield with a budget of just 12 million have gone up yet Carlos with a budget of over 30 million can't get us past one of the lowest budget teams in the division. Over 2 seasons that's bad management. 

1 minute ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

We need to get over it. 

Its gone now. Nothing me, you, or anyone can do. 

Fair point, but difficult to not be so gutted about probably our easiest chance in years to go up

14 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

What's Aston Villa's excuse then?

Does Aston Villa failing justify our own shortcomings? We are on about Wednesday who have failed twice on the trot with a far substantial budget compared to Huddersfield who charge there fans nothing and have gone up at the first attempt. It's a very very valid point   

5 minutes ago, Ali G said:

Fair point, but difficult to not be so gutted about probably our easiest chance in years to go up

It's absolutely gut wrenching and I'm just as dissapointed as the next wednesdayite. 

The season is over now. We need to draw a line under it and move on to next season. 

For all our short comings this season we have finished two places higher this season than last. 

Replicate that next season and we won't need the stress of the play offs 

2 minutes ago, Ali G said:

It's football. You win some, you lose some.

If you are a Wednesday fan you should be used to sh*t happening. We've had plenty of practice at failing and then having to pick ourselves up. It's one of the things I like most about our fans, even when the team was useless the fans kept on going.

It's only since things improved that some fans have got so needy. 

At the end of the day Huddersfield had a good run... they didn't play amazing football in the playoffs, they just happend to win on pens..

Sometimes those teams just manage to do it somehow.. like Leicester did in the premiership. It's football and sometimes it defies what shouldn't be possible. Same budget as Rotherham and they sank like a stone, udders just had that spirit. That can't be bought.

Guest oz_owl

"It's not fair, we spent more money than they did so we should go up instead. Wah wah wah."

Some people need to get a grip.