Next season kit

5 minutes ago, Bedford Owl said:

If I'm spending 50 quid on a sports top I'd prefer a brand i.e adidas. It's the reason people pay £90 for Nike trainers and not Gola. 

I really like the pigs shirt this year. 

Do you think that might make you a little shallow? Brand over value?  Are you compensating for a lack of confidence in your own identity so you have to assume a brand identity to make you appear successful?

Just sayin...

Happy with Lacatoni , especially if we'd used them early and choosing them looked deliberate.

It does however look like a last minute shambles.

Same as a lot of other things that seem to have been left late.

Is Chansiri a Vince McMahon character i wonder that has to deal with everything himself and when he's out of the country everything stops?.

11 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

Do you think that might make you a little shallow? Brand over value?  Are you compensating for a lack of confidence in your own identity so you have to assume a brand identity to make you appear successful?

Just sayin...

I probably am searching for an identity, Fact is many people prefer brands though.

I dont mind a template. The Sondico/sports direct merchandise was rubbish. I'd be more likely to buy Adidias club gear.

41 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I pulled her once in Japanese Whispers.

True story.

She was one of the better looking ones too, you'd had a good night in Whispers if you went home with a gorilla 

25 minutes ago, Bedford Owl said:

If I'm spending 50 quid on a sports top I'd prefer a brand i.e adidas. It's the reason people pay £90 for Nike trainers and not Gola. 

I really like the pigs shirt this year. 

Go buy one then

15 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

It is very poor from a marketing perspective.

New kit should have been out towards end of last season with old kit sold off for dirt cheap.

Didn't they use to do that during the prem years? Seem to recall the last home game of the season they'd showcase the new kit.

At this point I'm wondering if we are even using a new kit this year :wacko:

15 minutes ago, canadianowl said:

Didn't they use to do that during the prem years? Seem to recall the last home game of the season they'd showcase the new kit.

At this point I'm wondering if we are even using a new kit this year :wacko:

They did it once against Liverpool in 1999.

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Aye, I should clarify... doesn't really bother me either way. Probably wouldn't go to the Marquee friendly unless it was one of the biggest half a dozen/dozen teams in Europe, and certainly wouldn't buy a replica shirt so as long as we've got the kit for the first game of the season it doesn't bother me one jot.

Just making the point that from an external perspective it looks like we're at best disorganised. Here's hoping we're not and by the end of August we can just give a knowing nod and smirk and point to our league position to shut any perspective naysayers up... that's certainly all I care about

Rangers brought a load last time and it was a great atmosphere. I'll definitely be going. It'll be a great day

5 hours ago, Bedford Owl said:

I probably am searching for an identity, Fact is many people prefer brands though.

I dont mind a template. The Sondico/sports direct merchandise was rubbish. I'd be more likely to buy Adidias club gear.

Most of the templates are made by the same people

There is little difference between Puma/Adidas templates and Sports Direct

Most Puma is contracted out to Genesis Sports anyway - and i'm pretty sure their stuff turns up in SD as own branded goods

Anybody who thinks that mass-produced Adidas/Puma for football is generally anything other than cheap tat is seriously deluded

21 minutes ago, scram said:

Most of the templates are made by the same people

There is little difference between Puma/Adidas templates and Sports Direct

Most Puma is contracted out to Genesis Sports anyway - and i'm pretty sure their stuff turns up in SD as own branded goods

Anybody who thinks that mass-produced Adidas/Puma for football is generally anything other than cheap tat is seriously deluded

Agreed - couldn't care less who makes it just get it out