Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 30/05/2017 at 21:43, Lomas613 said:

So the third kit has deffo been announced (looks amazing) any more rumours on the home and away shirts?

also I was lead to believe last season was the last with sondico??? Can anyone clarify this for me.

i was expecting a new designer considering it's our 150th

My original post can anyone explain to me why I got negs for this ?? lol 

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

My original post can anyone explain to me why I got negs for this ?? lol 

No idea mate......ive just negged you anyway WTF:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lomas613 said:

My original post can anyone explain to me why I got negs for this ?? lol 

Easy, there are at least a tram load of n0bheads on here

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

My original post can anyone explain to me why I got negs for this ?? lol 

Where have the club announced the new third kit??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Where have the club announced the new third kit??

 

The white with gold mate that bloke won the competition 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the blue with white sleeves came from the Steering group meeting a bit back and created an avalanche of posts which is probably why you got negged (not that it matters).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

The white with gold mate that bloke won the competition 

Yes...seems ages ago lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Regulator said:

Taken from Facebook / Twitter

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

Brilliant. Simple, yet so good. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is it just the home kit that laddo doesn't want stripes on? Or is it blue and white stripes he doesn't like?

 

Confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, The Regulator said:

Taken from Facebook / Twitter

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

It's bloody best be that... I'd buy that!

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice kit, and I'd like that to be the design - however there is so much wrong in that image I'm not convinced it's anything more than a fans design. 

 

Badge on the shirt looks strange

Mis-matched badges on shirt and shorts, would be stupid to have one coloured as the shirt, and shorts with the normal design. 

Chansiri logo is the wrong font

Overall it does not look like a professional job (perspective wrong, image not sharp etc) 

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pemz said:

Nice kit, and I'd like that to be the design - however there is so much wrong in that image I'm not convinced it's anything more than a fans design. 

 

Badge on the shirt looks strange

Mis-matched badges on shirt and shorts, would be stupid to have one coloured as the shirt, and shorts with the normal design. 

Chansiri logo is the wrong font

Overall it does not look like a professional job (perspective wrong, image not sharp etc) 

Sadly, I reckon you're right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, pemz said:

Nice kit, and I'd like that to be the design - however there is so much wrong in that image I'm not convinced it's anything more than a fans design. 

 

Badge on the shirt looks strange

Mis-matched badges on shirt and shorts, would be stupid to have one coloured as the shirt, and shorts with the normal design. 

Chansiri logo is the wrong font

Overall it does not look like a professional job (perspective wrong, image not sharp etc) 

 

Credence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juve have missed a trick. They'd look much better in all black. Crazy.  

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stripes and black shorts,hooped socks would be cool.

Im not happy at the move away from our traditional colours,but if we are celebrating our 150th,Id have thought hooped shirts with black shorts would have been more in keeping with what we wore back then and for me its a damp squib wearing the mid 60s style kit.

Id still sooner payout a few quid more for a well thought out design & quality product that we wear for a longer period,say 3 years.For me changing kits each season just smacks of rip off.

  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've often wondered what the price difference would be if they were made out of cotton instead of the nasty polyester they are all made out of.

 

Who in their right mind would buy any piece of clothing made out of 100% polyester?!

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

stripes and black shorts,hooped socks would be cool.

Im not happy at the move away from our traditional colours,but if we are celebrating our 150th,Id have thought hooped shirts with black shorts would have been more in keeping with what we wore back then and for me its a damp squib wearing the mid 60s style kit.

Id still sooner payout a few quid more for a well thought out design & quality product that we wear for a longer period,say 3 years.For me changing kits each season just smacks of rip off.

 

I agree with almost all that you said.

 

But my main issue with last season's kit and the proposed one for the 150th anniversary, is if they're based upon old kits, then why ain't they retro enough or even look like the kits they're based upon, instead of modern versions?

 

The thing for me about the 150th anniversary is, that surely the home kit should represent our history in some way. Then, a modern kit, even based upon a old kit, but made different and looking slightly different, isn't reflective of the clubs history or suitable for it's anniversary. I have no problems with the 1960s kits, they looked good but neither were or are representative of the club's history and traditions.

 

The 1960s blue shirt with white sleeves wasn't initially brought in for historical reasons, it was more about standing out on TV highlights on the old black and white footage. So, why honour that again on another anniversary? That said, the kit did look good, and I own a toffs version, and it's much nicer and better quality than the modern shirts. So, if we're having that kit again, why not make it look more retro and better quality, like the ones sold by Toffs?

 

Also, personally, I would have liked us to have honoured our top flight Champions and true legends by having based the 150th anniversary home kit upon our title winning kits. I think, that would have been a better way of honouring the clubs history, instead of a kit that was used mostly just for TV purposes, plus we don't really know what our original kit was, the earliest being hoops but no one knows before that.

 

Edited by Milan Missing Marble
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

It's bloody best be that... I'd buy that!

me too!

 

I'd get both shirts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...