Next season kit

Nice kit, and I'd like that to be the design - however there is so much wrong in that image I'm not convinced it's anything more than a fans design. 

Badge on the shirt looks strange

Mis-matched badges on shirt and shorts, would be stupid to have one coloured as the shirt, and shorts with the normal design. 

Chansiri logo is the wrong font

Overall it does not look like a professional job (perspective wrong, image not sharp etc) 

9 minutes ago, pemz said:

Nice kit, and I'd like that to be the design - however there is so much wrong in that image I'm not convinced it's anything more than a fans design. 

Mis-matched badges on shirt and shorts, would be stupid to have one coloured as the shirt, and shorts with the normal design. 

Overall it does not look like a professional job (perspective wrong, image not sharp etc) 

Sadly, I reckon you're right. 

13 minutes ago, pemz said:

Credence. 

stripes and black shorts,hooped socks would be cool.

Im not happy at the move away from our traditional colours,but if we are celebrating our 150th,Id have thought hooped shirts with black shorts would have been more in keeping with what we wore back then and for me its a damp squib wearing the mid 60s style kit.

Id still sooner payout a few quid more for a well thought out design & quality product that we wear for a longer period,say 3 years.For me changing kits each season just smacks of rip off.

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

stripes and black shorts,hooped socks would be cool.

Im not happy at the move away from our traditional colours,but if we are celebrating our 150th,Id have thought hooped shirts with black shorts would have been more in keeping with what we wore back then and for me its a damp squib wearing the mid 60s style kit.

Id still sooner payout a few quid more for a well thought out design & quality product that we wear for a longer period,say 3 years.For me changing kits each season just smacks of rip off.

I agree with almost all that you said.

But my main issue with last season's kit and the proposed one for the 150th anniversary, is if they're based upon old kits, then why ain't they retro enough or even look like the kits they're based upon, instead of modern versions?

The thing for me about the 150th anniversary is, that surely the home kit should represent our history in some way. Then, a modern kit, even based upon a old kit, but made different and looking slightly different, isn't reflective of the clubs history or suitable for it's anniversary. I have no problems with the 1960s kits, they looked good but neither were or are representative of the club's history and traditions.

The 1960s blue shirt with white sleeves wasn't initially brought in for historical reasons, it was more about standing out on TV highlights on the old black and white footage. So, why honour that again on another anniversary? That said, the kit did look good, and I own a toffs version, and it's much nicer and better quality than the modern shirts. So, if we're having that kit again, why not make it look more retro and better quality, like the ones sold by Toffs?

Also, personally, I would have liked us to have honoured our top flight Champions and true legends by having based the 150th anniversary home kit upon our title winning kits. I think, that would have been a better way of honouring the clubs history, instead of a kit that was used mostly just for TV purposes, plus we don't really know what our original kit was, the earliest being hoops but no one knows before that.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

9 hours ago, Rodger Wylde II said:

I've often wondered what the price difference would be if they were made out of cotton instead of the nasty polyester they are all made out of.

Who in their right mind would buy any piece of clothing made out of 100% polyester?!

Pretty sure polyester is more resilient- remember the idea is to play football in them, not just to squirt your beer belly in it and pretend you're 11 lol