nervous taking penalty

but you just get on with it, thats what huddersfields winning penalty taker said, NOT that im not confident. in the interviews after the game all that came across was how they all stuck together as a team we dont have a team just individuals

There's an awful lot of bitter people still - me included to a degree - but it's like 'point the finger' bingo on here with all the things to slam us for.

Yes we should have done better, but we didn't, there's nothing to be gained in looking back in anger.

We need to get over the penalty shoot out. It's a lottery and anything can happen in them. If we don't go up automatic and find ourselves in the play offs next season. Let's make sure we don't need to worry about play offs. 

out of interest though does anyone know how many penalty takers we had throughout the season (play offs excluded) in comparison to how many penalties we had?

It's not a lottery when your star striker is too nervous to take one and the line is lead by f*ing defenders or midfielders.  We've been through this time and time again with England.  The successful sides practice penalties and know who the takers are.  They don't treat it as a 'lottery' and they win....especially the Germans.

1 minute ago, Tyto Alba said:

It's not a lottery when your star striker is too nervous to take one and the line is lead by f*ing defenders or midfielders.  We've been through this time and time again with England.  The successful sides practice penalties and know who the takers are.  They don't treat it as a 'lottery' and they win....especially the Germans.

Heffele missed today

1 minute ago, Tyto Alba said:

I see your point. 

But if your best striker takes the penalty there's no guarantee. 

Guest ka58

Every team misses pens - the best international teams in the world miss them.

the Germans do seem to have a knack but the time will come when they lose a high profile one.

its all down to the individuals nerves on how good the penalty is but even then they've got to beat the keep at the end of the day who might pull something out of the bag.

The Germans have a logical systematic approach to pens that sees them win more than they lose.  We treat it as a lottery and put it in the lap of the Gods...and lose.

Was Rhodes practicing 'em in training leading up to the game?  Did we have a plan for pens where everybody knew what they were doing because we'd been through it all prior to the match?  It didn't look like that on the night.  It was f*ing chaos with people botting it and other manning up regardess of ability.

I would have taken one no problem. Blasted it through back of net. Then slid to Kop, fists raised, shaking them in delight, at the screaming, cheering boys in blue. 

No fancy tattoo sleeves showing for me, just a proper Owl on each bicep. 

Foookin £30k a week. I'd play for free. 

One or two of our lads need to grow a pair. 

UTFO. 

46 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think we generally had a lack of belief in big games all season, Brighton away really highlighted it. Something to work on.

I'd also argue that we were over confident in games against the 'smaller' teams and dropped a number of valuable points throughout the season. 

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Just win the game in normal time. No need for extra time or penalties. Get the job done. 

Got to be ruthless to do that, something we have far from been, hope this changes