I really hope we don't sign any centre-forwards or strikers this summer

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

We need a partner for Rhodes.

Towards the end of the season, Hooper and Fletcher clicked, them 2 will play together.

We can partner Rhodes and Joao, they could have potential but seeing potential takes time.

How about selling Joao and Nuhiu, bringing in Danny Graham, former strike duo with Rhodes, will have an understanding.

Get some younger players with crossing abilities on the wings

Blimey, we are becoming more like a bog standard championship side with every suggestion

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Blimey, we are becoming more like a bog standard championship side with every suggestion

Depends how you see a game. 

If Graham's hustle and bustle allows Rhodes intelligence and movement to shine, I'm all for it.

Or 

We could use Rhodes as a big lump to fight for headers and keep our fingers crossed Winnall develops a good footballing brain.

Consensus on the season just gone is that we missed Hooper's link play when he was out injured. Having an understudy in that role wouldn't hurt.

But yeah, if we go spending big bucks it probably ought to be elsewhere in the team.

4 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Depends how you see a game. 

If Graham's hustle and bustle allows Rhodes intelligence and movement to shine, I'm all for it.

Or 

We could use Rhodes as a big lump to fight for headers and keep our fingers crossed Winnall develops a good footballing brain.

Funnily enough, although I was being disparaging about the thought of signing Danny Graham, I kind of agree with you, he probably would be the ideal partner for Jordan Rhodes. Rhodes has always thrived when alongside such players, think Lee at Huddersfield, and Brown at Blackburn. That's all well and good for Jordan Rhodes, but is it good for Sheffield Wednesday?

I have concerns, 1) it's not 2012 and championship football has become a lot more sophisticated now, and 2) I have no desire to replicate the limited achievements of those Huddersfield or Blackburn sides.

Edited by gurujuan

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Funnily enough, although I was being disparaging about the thought of signing Danny Graham, I kind of agree with you, he probably would be the ideal partner for Jordan Rhodes. Rhodes has always thrived when alongside such players, think Lee at Huddersfield, and Brown at Blackburn. That's all well and good for Jordan Rhodes, but is it good for Sheffield Wednesday?

I have concerns, 1) it's not 2012 and championship football has become a lot more sophisticated now, and 2) I have no desire to replicate the limited achievements of those Huddersfield or Blackburn sides.

Football has come along way, clubs that are competing higher up the division seem to prefer 4-2-3-1.

I can just imagine Ronaldo logging into his Owlstalk account because hes decided to join his mate Semedo and has always harboured ambitions of playing for Wednesday since he saw us thrash Luxembourg in the 90s, this thread pops up, and Ronaldo wipes a tear from his eye, realising he will never achieve his ambition because the fans don't want anymore strikers