I really hope we don't sign any centre-forwards or strikers this summer

1 minute ago, Mat-Owl said:

As much as I love big Glenn we really need to bring someone in ahead of him, same goes for Wallace

He may have outscored Nuhiu this season but I don't think he is classed as a striker just yet.

:manager:

I'd be tempted to let Rhodes go if he doesn't hit the ground running by the end of August. If we're being honest, everybody on here would be saying he has been an awful signing if it wasn't for his goal record prior to joining us, he has done nothing for us. But let's not forget he scored goals in very poor teams. It's much easier to score when a whole team is built up just for you; I'd like to think we are better than that.

So if we could get somebody who has a decent PL record who can't get any games, I'd rather bring them in. Not sure who though. 

Edited by Carbone

Fessi  to left midfield providing competition for Reach,two new centre backs and a new right winger with pace and more signings should we lose players in the Transfer market

Pacy right winger , cheaper option Awer Mabil . Needs working on , but sure he could blossom under CC's tutelage. Fast and pacy , out of contract at Mydtjylland in June I believe.

Leaves more in kitty for other key areas.

8 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Pray tell?

Not ITK. Not sure exactly where the Rhodes deal is right now

But, Joao, Nuhiu, Winnall & Forrestieri ... All their futures must be up in the air, atm 

3 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Not ITK. Not sure exactly where the Rhodes deal is right now

But, Joao, Nuhiu, Winnall & Forrestieri ... All their futures must be up in the air, atm 

Why are their futures in doubt?  Are all their contracts up? Only one on that list I would guess who might be leaving would be Joao, I can't remember if Blackburn had the option to sign him at then end of the season.

Unless someone comes in with a  stupid price for them and the player is willing to leave, pretty sure that all those will be here at the start of next season.

Unless you know something we don't.

5 minutes ago, Mat-Owl said:

I'm pretty sure the Rhodes deal is done, I don't think we can go back on it?

I think this is the key for the club - this deal will impact our season in terms of FFP and therefore careful targeting of the key positions of centre half and midfield is critical.

If Rhodes stays, he has to play.

38 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think this is the key for the club - this deal will impact our season in terms of FFP and therefore careful targeting of the key positions of centre half and midfield is critical.

If Rhodes stays, he has to play.

Based on what he cost, or how he performs? Or are you saying we should change the system to play to his strengths?

7 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Why are their futures in doubt?  Are all their contracts up? Only one on that list I would guess who might be leaving would be Joao, I can't remember if Blackburn had the option to sign him at then end of the season.

Unless someone comes in with a  stupid price for them and the player is willing to leave, pretty sure that all those will be here at the start of next season.

Unless you know something we don't.

I guess it depends how eager they are for first team football 

If we continue with 4-4-2, then fitting FF into the team, will continue to be a problem 

Nuhiu & Joao ar sh*t and won't get match time 

Hooper, Rhodes & Winnall are similar in many respects, so I expect one of them to leave 

38 minutes ago, Animis said:

yes or pull the deal

Yes, wasn't meaning to be provocative Signing Rhodes has caused us a problem we didn't need, but as you say, it needs to be resolved. That's means selling him, or changing the way we play. I favour the first option, primarily because I don't believe one new arrival should dictate the way we play. The fact that there would likely be no takers out there, means we probably have to change the way we play That in itself could cause resentment amongst other members of the squad

Just now, markowl said:

How does that work?

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, wasn't meaning to be provocative Signing Rhodes has caused us a problem we didn't need, but as you say, it needs to be resolved. That's means selling him, or changing the way we play. I favour the first option, primarily because I don't believe one new arrival should dictate the way we play. The fact that there would likely be no takers out there, means we probably have to change the way we play That in itself could cause resentment amongst other members of the squad

Indeed - this should have been thought through in January, but games continued to come thick and fast and to be fair Rhodes did start well. 

Not sure if it's a small tweak and adjustment to 'fit' him in but the next two months should be used to get an A-game set up that includes Rhodes if he stays, and recruit the other positions accordingly - includes a quality wide man who can deliver a cross like Marshall, not a wallace that just 'tucks in'.

We ain't going to be selling Rhodes.

He will be the main striker next season as Carlos now has a whole summer and 6 odd friendly matches to fit him in to our or us into his style of play.  Carlos will know that if he gets Rhodes right, he will guarantee us 20+ goals a season. none of our other strikers guarantee that.