I really hope we don't sign any centre-forwards or strikers this summer

...I would much more prefer us to spend significantly on top-notch creative and defensive players. 

A ball-playing centre-half, a midfield enforcer and a pacey winger that can cross are essential IMHO. 

Spending more money on forwards would be wasteful IMO. 

Whats your thoughts?

38 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Not unless we shift a couple like Joao and Nuhiu. It really depends on how we are financially.

Presumably we need to start cutting our cloth carefully so addressing defence and adding variety to the midfield seems sensible 

We can always borrow one. To be fair, we certainly do need to be a bit more prudent in the transfer market, but there are more costly mistakes than Nuhiu and Joao to flog off

38 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Which is?

And who?

Someone who can link up with Forestieri and Hooper, whichever of them plays the link role. Fletcher plays that role now, with Winnall, Rhodes and Nuhiu as back up. In terms of who is best for the role, at the moment it's Fletcher, but to my mind we could do with someone more mobile. It's no coincidence that both Forestieri and Hooper play better when paired with Joao, so I'd be looking for a Joao type player, but maybe one that was a bit further down the line. 

19 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Not unless we shift a couple like Joao and Nuhiu. It really depends on how we are financially.

Presumably we need to start cutting our cloth carefully so addressing defence and adding variety to the midfield seems sensible 

If Joao and Nuhiu leave then we are left with Hooper, Forestieri, Winnall, Fletcher, Rhodes and young Hirst (who will surely be pushing for a squad place next season).  All of the above are proven goal-scorers at Championship level or above with the exception of the young 'un who is exhibiting real potential. How many bloody strikers do we need?!!

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

If Joao and Nuhiu leave then we are left with Hooper, Forestieri, Winnall, Fletcher, Rhodes and young Hirst (who will surely be pushing for a squad place next season).  All of the above are proven goal-scorers at Championship level or above with the exception of the young 'un who is exhibiting real potential. How many bloody strikers do we need?!!

You generally need five. My only

concern is that there isn't much pace and FF drops deeper. I think young Hirst would benefit from a loan.