New Kop - Mock Up

Guest Grez Bez

1 hour ago, eguin said:

A few years ago i saw  a 'big mac' steaming away in the sink on the Kop toilets,

Toilets must have been full or  blocked so he must have decided  to drop em and  block the sink with a Brad Pitt!

WTF:

2 hours ago, salmonbones said:

You tell no lies, but my god there is so much room for not just improvement but extra ability to sell to a crowd.     I never go down at half time, unless you want to miss the last five minutes of a game you won't get served.   The amount of space available to utilise is unbelievable.   

A torn to the ground and rebuilt kop, taking away the iconic mound (but rebuilding it the same) could give an awesome amount of extra revenue year on year.    Extra toilets, extra boxes (if we don't out price them, that is!) etc.     

Not to mention if the land opposite HAS been bought by the club, an overhead passage to exit the ground into a multi storey carpark, to restaurants, to other facilities.

I was sat in traffic the other day and while looking at the back of the Kop i had the exact same thoughts.  I was thinking of all the retail / bars / cafes that could be created just by extending the Kop back to the turnstiles . It truly is a wasted space as it is now . 

But the tree would have to go. 

4 hours ago, LSOwls said:

I have knocked up an image (On SketchUp) of how I think the kop could look if we were to build back to Penistone Road and take the height to the top of the south stand. It's also extended above the directors car park and meets the South Stand.......

There is a VAST amount of space there that we could use for facilities/ office / corporate / whatever you can think of.

I am by no means artistic so go easy on me :rolleyes:. I've done it purely out of boredom!

Thoughts welcome.

Not sure if the images show it but the middle is a timeline of images showing our history; I chose these randomly so I'm sure there are far better choices.......

Note: I also did a version where the blue is grey; I think that would look more sustainable in real life and happy to share if anyone cares...

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

A Cladding design rip off rather than a Kop Mock up though in it ?

4 hours ago, LSOwls said:

I have knocked up an image (On SketchUp) of how I think the kop could look if we were to build back to Penistone Road and take the height to the top of the south stand. It's also extended above the directors car park and meets the South Stand.......

There is a VAST amount of space there that we could use for facilities/ office / corporate / whatever you can think of.

I am by no means artistic so go easy on me :rolleyes:. I've done it purely out of boredom!

Thoughts welcome.

Not sure if the images show it but the middle is a timeline of images showing our history; I chose these randomly so I'm sure there are far better choices.......

Note: I also did a version where the blue is grey; I think that would look more sustainable in real life and happy to share if anyone cares...

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

I like things like this.

good work mate

Guest Grez Bez
32 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

A Cladding design rip off rather than a Kop Mock up though in it ?

I don't get it... It's just a drawing of what our stadium could look like by a fan.

Edited by Grez Bez

4 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Would look good and give some areas that could be used to raise revenue on non-match days. Funnily enough I was driving past today with the wife and told her we are the only club with a tree inside the stadium lol

Nah there's plenty of grounds with trees/shubbery in them.

10 hours ago, LSOwls said:

Thoughts welcome.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

There's a bloke at my work obsessed wi sketch up. 

If designed properly utilising all the space and including genius new ways of creating extra space...there is no reason for us to move. We can build a brand new Hillsborough where she is now. 

5 minutes ago, trev said:

If designed properly utilising all the space and including genius new ways of creating extra space...there is no reason for us to move. We can build a brand new Hillsborough where she is now. 

Exactly. This thread just shows one example of the amount of wasted space there is that could be developed . 

IT would need the big neon "Sheffield Wednesday" sign putting back. The sight of that as you came under the five arches going to a night match was the most impressive sight

(picture courtesy of Pauli)

image.jpeg

Guest Grez Bez
7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I expected viewing lines, gangways, paths, toilets, kiosks and the like. 

I would love to do that but I only picked it up t'other day and I dont think my skill set is there yet!

12 hours ago, salmonbones said:

You tell no lies, but my god there is so much room for not just improvement but extra ability to sell to a crowd.     I never go down at half time, unless you want to miss the last five minutes of a game you won't get served.   The amount of space available to utilise is unbelievable.   

A torn to the ground and rebuilt kop, taking away the iconic mound (but rebuilding it the same) could give an awesome amount of extra revenue year on year.    Extra toilets, extra boxes (if we don't out price them, that is!) etc.     

I made this point on a similar thread a few weeks ago.

The amount of unused space underneath and behind the Kop (and the North) is phenomenal! It's just begging to be used.

Re-developed right it could create some incredible spaces for concession and retail, potential hospitality space and / or space for non-match day revenue generating opportunities, plus of course great views from all seats.

The only potential negative could be what material is in the mound that the original Kop was built on. There's a substantial amount of material to excavate and take off site. Transporting excavated material can be pricey; if there's contaminated material in there - quite possible given the time it built (they'd have chucked anything in there back then) - the cost could be eye-watering.

39 minutes ago, modboy said:

Certainly room to rebuild but in reality moving is probably cheaper 

I don't agree there mate.

Apart from levelling and remediating industrial buildings / land in the Don Valley I don't know of any site in the city big enough to accommodate a new stadium.

The cost of land is high, the cost of purchasing buildings and remediating the land would be hugely expensive.

A phased redevelopment of Hillsborough, on a site that the club already owns, is easily the cheapest option.

There's also the potential hidden cost of relocating away from Hillsborough and the impact that could have of fans that can currently access the ground on foot. Putting the new ground at the end of some soulless industrial estate in the Don Valley doesn't exactly inspire me.