Aaron Mooy

16 minutes ago, richowl said:

Bossed both semi final legs & had a great season.

Bossed both legs of the semi? He makes Ray Wilkins look like Messi.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

51 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think he's overrated TBH and he should've been sent off the other week at Hillsborough. It's a chuffing mystery how he never got booked? Kicked our players as much as he kicked the ball.

Give over now ......... best midfielder in the division , including Shelvey!

38 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

That would be the logical move - Hutch plays too deep as a CM, not his fault as he isn't a proper CM.

CC on record saying he is a CH - which means he really needs to sort this position out properly this time around. 

Lets hope he does.

Hutch is great in the middle but I agree he plays deep so it leaves too much distance to the forward players and still needs someone else to deliver the killer ball. Is Mooy a replacement for Hutch though?  We have Abdi, who is as good as anyone sitting behind the front 2 (assuming he's fit and gets played there). Mooy is really good but is he a midfield general?  

Not enough hair. 

We have a great standard of hair in the squad at the moment with Loovens, Hutchinson at their finest. You could add kieran Lee to that list as well. Mooy would bring that standard down and we've already lost Sasso's beatiful hair and the transfer windows not even open yet.

Edited by flo

1 hour ago, aussieowl87 said:

Talented footballer. Eye for a pass. Hits a decent free kick.

Mardy git. Can be hot headed. Needs to be the main man or sulks.

Prefers playing as a 10 behind a front man or front two.

1st bold - not only an eye for a pass, but forward and cutting.

2nd bold - we don't need that although I don't know enough of him to know if that is true or not.    Also, he would not be the main man at Hillsborough.

One of the stand out players in the Championship this season. If that's the calibre of player we're looking at bringing in, then we can be very excited about our chances next season. A Mooy, Irvine or Scowen type of player would be a very good signing and would improve us. That's the sort of player we should have brought in last summer.

From the 4 times I've seen him this season Mooy isn't in the same class as either shelvey or cairney. John Sheridan now is better than mooy. He doesn't do either of the 2 things his type of player needs to do which is either play a killer pass or drive through and past the midfield to pressure the defence.  Personally I'd much rather try for huddlestone.

29 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

1st bold - not only an eye for a pass, but forward and cutting.

2nd bold - we don't need that although I don't know enough of him to know if that is true or not.    Also, he would not be the main man at Hillsborough.

When he played in Australia it was for the team I support over there, so watched him coming through.

At the time we had a "marquee" signing playing as a number 10. Did 12 months of understudy and playing deeper and jumped ship because it wasn't all about him.

This is close to 4/5 years ago now, and if I'm being balanced he could very well have matured, but... Just going off what I know of him from then.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

I've seen us play Huddersfield 4 times this season and each time Brown has been their standout player particularly at their place. Barely noticed Mooey tbh. 

Brown has only played in 3 of Huddersfields game against us.

1 minute ago, damianb1 said:

Brown has only played in 3 of Huddersfields game against us.

Well I still didn't notice Mooey lol

We didn't seem to have a clue what to do when he ran at us from midfield in the two games at there place. 

2 hours ago, jrh said:

Also think he's a very hyped player. What did he do of significance against us in 4 games? Personally think Abdi, Lee, Bannan, Hutchinson are definitely good enough options for top two. It's other positions/tactics we need to alter.

Something i agree with...didnt do anything great against us..just short passing and moving...when he got anywhere near our area he fluffed it and didnt look threatening at all, especially in the first leg.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think he's overrated TBH and he should've been sent off the other week at Hillsborough. It's a chuffing mystery how he never got booked? Kicked our players as much as he kicked the ball.

Just what we need . someone who isnt scared to put the boot in . As a team we are too nice