Happy?

59 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Wibble.  You don't finish 4th in the league by luck.  You finish where you deserved to over the course of a long hard season.

To answer the op.  Happy as Larry.

That 6 match unbeaten run got us over the line ..if we had carried on as we were before the Rotherham game we probably wouldn't have made the playoffs.

And that occurred when CC had to put players in their best positions.  Once Lee and Hutch came back it went out the window 

People have very short memories and seem to have forgotten the dreary football we were served up at home in a regular basis.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

2 hours ago, Ali G said:

So who's happy with the news about Carlos staying? State why you're happy or not.

I'm happy.

I'm happy because Carlos is staying, I'm filthy rich, hopelessly handsome and I'm getting plenty.

(2 of the above are lies)

2 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

That 6 match unbeaten run got us over the line ..if we had carried on as we were before the Rotherham game we probably wouldn't have made the playoffs.

And that occurred when CC had to put players in their best positions.  Once Lee and Hutch came back it went out the window 

People have very short memories and seem to have forgotten the dreary football we were served up at home in a regular basis.

And if your dad had finished off on your mother's jewels you wouldn't be here to write that.

Neither happened though did they.

2 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Looking back on the season I think people have had a bit too high expectations, myself included. Yes the tactics has changed that has meant less free flowing football, but that has also resulted in 24 wins, 5 more than the previous season.

The amount of teams this season that came to Hillsborough to sit back and time waste after 10 minutes has been shocking, and that is definitely something we need to crack next season, as I expect more of the same from the opposition.

If we keep most/all of our key players, make a few more signings, then there's no reason why we can't progress even further.

4 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

And if your dad had finished off on your mother's jewels you wouldn't be here to write that.

Neither happened though did they.

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

lol

I'm sure he'd have got another chance..

But cant wait to read your next pearls of wisdom.

you mean pearl necklace of wisdom ?

lol

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Clear out of those that aren't getting near first team like McGugan and maybe let one or two strikers go, we seem to be overloaded with them. 

Do you think clubs will be queueing to pay their over-inflated wages?

Not overly happy.

Would rather had seen the club invest time and money into someone else.

CC has had 2 seasons, it's not really where we have finished or the disappointment of not going up, it's the diabolical tactics and football we will all have to suffer for another season.

A mutual parting and a fresh approach to next season.

1 minute ago, Mac_77 said:

Not overly happy.

Would rather had seen the club invest time and money into someone else.

CC has had 2 seasons, it's not really where we have finished or the disappointment of not going up, it's the diabolical tactics and football we will all have to suffer for another season.

A mutual parting and a fresh approach to next season.

Brighton kept faith in Hughton.

the rest is history

3 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Brighton kept faith in Hughton.

the rest is history

Ah the old Brighton story.

Is this the same Brighton that chopped Sami Hypia and let Garcia go after a play off finish and then got a proven coach with experience and a championship title on his CV and then, only then decided they were going to stick.

Comparing apples and oranges 

Edited by Mac_77

Elated , it's on. Got a feeling Dejphon has given Carlos a new remit for next season. No safe play , all out attacking football. Blitz the championship and go for auto.

Got months now to iron out all these injuries to key players , and form a solid base from the outset.

Oh , and 1940s kit to achieve it in. UTO

2 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Not that bothered at moment. If he brings in 2 wingers in the summer then I will be very happy and know his intentions for our style of football have changed. 2 wingers, 1 left back, 1 right back, 1/2 centre back (1 first team defo) and 1 midfield monster. Bigger job for him is getting rid of the mass of dead wood.

Nah.  Not a chance. They don't go that easily.

They'll still be spouting their CC out c**p on here.

Oh sorry. I think i've misunderstood. 

You're talking about some of the playing staff aren't you.

My mistake.