Happy?

4 minutes ago, Coyt said:

He refused to change his style and approach all season and people think itll be any different? Nah not a chance. Let's not kid ourselves lady luck shone down on us on more than one occasion last season, merely papering over the cracks. Hope he does prove me wrong but based on this season I honestly can't see it being different.

What about the two seasons he has been in charge? 

Or do we just forget that? 

Guest Coyt
2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

What about the two seasons he has been in charge? 

Or do we just forget that? 

If he was to go with a more attacking approach to games like his first year then yeah fantastic but can you honestly say this season has been a joy to watch? 

1 hour ago, Ali G said:

So who's happy with the news about Carlos staying? State why you're happy or not.

Very happy only 1 thing I hope he's had to promise bring back the quality attacking from season before

15 minutes ago, Coyt said:

He refused to change his style and approach all season and people think itll be any different? Nah not a chance. Let's not kid ourselves lady luck shone down on us on more than one occasion last season, merely papering over the cracks. Hope he does prove me wrong but based on this season I honestly can't see it being different.

Wibble.  You don't finish 4th in the league by luck.  You finish where you deserved to over the course of a long hard season.

To answer the op.  Happy as Larry.

Edited by Sham67

Happy

Yes he needs to revert back to the aggresive attacking football we saw in his first season. He also needs to use the likes of Winnall and Fox and not freeze them out for weeks on end 

But we have to remember 6th and then 4th shows clear improvement

Houghton & Karanka took about 3 seasons to get Brighton and M'boro promoted but they got there in the end and with stability I have no doubt we will too

He's our manager so let's back him

25 minutes ago, Coyt said:

My sentiments exactly, we didn't fail to get promotion because the players where shyte, we failed because of tactics and poor decision making, even when we won it was dire/laboured, if he was going/able to change he would have this season, it's not going to happen.

1 hour ago, marshy said:

His transfer dealings this Summer will say an awful lot. Purchase 2 good wingers, a CB & fullbacks & we could be rocking. Purchase a striker and he's doomed.

We purchased 2 good wingers, a CB, 3 left backs last season. But we didn't play the wingers, the CB was for cover and none of the 3 left backs are great.

We need a left back, we need a long term partner for Lees, we need a presence in CM and 2/3 pacey players in the final third.

5/6 players, again, because we didn't address it last season.

Thoughts...

In Season 1 - Everything clicked, Carlos stamped his mark on the team, It worked. Finished 6th.

In Season 2 - We set up different, didn't seem like it clicked. Felt like CC was winging it. However, credit where due, finished 4th.

I'd love to see the best of Almen Abdi, Marco Matias, Gary Hooper, Jordan Rhodes, Fernando Forestieri and even Lucas Joao. 

But I reckon we'll see quite a few changes. That will allow Carlos to once again stamp his mark on the team.

Lets expand our scouting network - Look for the next Knockaert - Loan the next Mooy etc...If Nuhiu & Joao was to go, Let's get Tammy Abraham etc...but I know it's all easier said then done.

Meh, positives are stability and the old 'be careful what you wish for' should we have opted for a change.  Negatives would be the type of football he is playing, things will need to change if he is to get automatic promotion, wont be able to do it with last seasons side/tactics/set up.  He really has to deliver and the pressure is on.

1 hour ago, marshy said:

His transfer dealings this Summer will say an awful lot. Purchase 2 good wingers, a CB & fullbacks & we could be rocking. Purchase a striker and he's doomed.

Which is why I'll reserve judgement till after the transfer window.

1 hour ago, marshy said:

For me the telling point will be the lime up for the first match of the season, if we go with Hutch, Lee, Bannan and one of Reach or Wallace I'll know we've dropped one.

Prove me wrong Carlos.

Happy, deserves another year. We've been improving year on year in terms of league position and points tally.

As long as improvement continues then promotion is inevitable, throwing away a manager who's improving you is a bit silly. UTO

ill judge after 10 games

if we are playing the dull football we played last season then no I wont be happy.

if we are playing attacking ,entertaining football and blowing teams away like this squad should be doing then I will be happy

atm he can go for me for costing us a playoff final with his poo tactics