6 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

I would absolutely love Carlos to stay if  he learns the lessons from this year. Unfortunately I'm not sure he would 

What lessons are you hoping he's learnt? 

I don't think Carlos sees it like that. He'd say that the teams (non-parachute) who get out of this league tend to be pragmatic. He'd say that although open, attacking football is his thing, we're not good enough to go up playing it. Norwich have parachute cash, so maybe they could go up entertainingly if he went there.

Just now, General_Grievous said:

Team selections and playing style 

Yes, but what is the lesson. I'm curious as he's achieved the highest finish in 15 years or so and over last 30 games of season was according to form table level with Brighton. 

That without many key players...

So so what is he to change, what is the lesson, what must he do different? 

That playing style works very well when Hooper's there. Six consecutive victories against some very tricky opponents, under pressure, proves that. The problem is that there aren't any obvious replacements for Hooper when he's injured. Ideally we could do with a stand-in for Hooper, but I can't think of a similar player we could sign.

I disagree you've only got to look at Chris Hughton to see that your completely wrong. 2 playoff defeats then up at third attempt in autos. What we need is continuity and stability. Something that's very rare in modern footy

Edited by Northampton Owl

4 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

That playing style works very well when Hooper's there. Six consecutive victories against some very tricky opponents, under pressure, proves that. The problem is that there aren't any obvious replacements for Hooper when he's injured. Ideally we could do with a stand-in for Hooper, but I can't think of a similar player we could sign.

The same Hooper, who has scored in 2 wins all season, and played regularly in the 1st third of season, which saw us in 10th.

A good player, but some of the Hooper posts are ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Northampton Owl said:

I disagree you've only got to look at Chris Hughton to see that your completely wrong. 2 playoff defeats then up at third attempt in autos. What we need is continuity and stability. Something that's very rare in modern footy

Can you explain to me, what (repeatable) methods does Carlos use/have to get us to score?

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

The same Hooper, who has scored in 2 wins all season, and played regularly in the 1st third of season, which saw us in 10th.

A good player, but some of the Hooper posts are ridiculous.

But what was the complexion of the rest of the team at that time? I just think Hooper allows us to play defensively AND bring our strikers into play, at least with the way we're playing at present. Now, had we a pacey winger who could get crosses in, then of course we'd have an alternative method of goal creation. That has to be a priority in the summer.

44 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Can you explain to me, what (repeatable) methods does Carlos use/have to get us to score?

Thats an easy one.

442 with two proper strikers (and two CMs)

Over the last two seasons we score almost two per game doing that.

We score just over one per game when he plays one striker + Nando.

Edit - and before you say "ah, but that leaves us wide-open", that line-up doesn't concede more per match either. Win-win.

Edited by Holmowl

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Thats an easy one.

442 with two proper strikers (and two CMs)

Over the last two seasons we score almost two per game doing that.

We score just over one per game when he plays one striker + Nando.

Edit - and before you say "ah, but that leaves us wide-open", that line-up doesn't concede more per match either. Win-win.

You've just said a formation, I asked for a method we use to score.

42 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

You've just said a formation, I asked for a method we use to score.

To be fair, Holmowl did state the formation/method he showed scores almost 2 goals per game. Which would equate to almost 100 goals for the season. That'd do for me. 

6 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

If you want to make any sort of comment about Carlos, it's very important not to post it in one of the 49 Carlos threads.

Please start a brand new thread instead,as it makes you feel much more important.

Thanks.

Completely agree. 

6 hours ago, zzmdu said:

We go up their end of the pitch and put the ball in the net.  Going on the last two seasons.  It seems to work a lot more than it doesn't.

39 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

We go up their end of the pitch and put the ball in the net.  Going on the last two seasons.  It seems to work a lot more than it doesn't.

I agree, our method is to work the ball into the final third & hope it goes into the net somehow - with a lot investment this has took us to the play offs, where we've been found wanting.

The succesfull Wednesday teams (&others), imo had a repeatable method for scoring. We have none, unless you could enlighten me.

If Keiran Lee has the ball in the centre circle, what are his USUAL tried & tested outlets?

21 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

I agree, our method is to work the ball into the final third & hope it goes into the net somehow - with a lot investment this has took us to the play offs, where we've been found wanting.

The succesfull Wednesday teams (&others), imo had a repeatable method for scoring. We have none, unless you could enlighten me.

If Keiran Lee has the ball in the centre circle, what are his USUAL tried & tested outlets?

I'm not sure what you're saying.  Unless it's we need to be more predictable to be more successful.  Hence my facetious reply.