We're down on our knees
Beggin' please please
Please don' go
Don't you hear us Carlos
Don't leave us now
Oh no no no don't go

Some effort went into this. Got a lot of time for that. +1

31 minutes ago, vulva said:

It's easier for you, living in Belfast. Its internet driven mumbling. 

Like a select 15/16k I've trudged down to midweek games against MK Dons, Tranmere and Blackpool, and got outclassed. Hard work. Straight from work, crap tea, cold and checking the Internet when you get back at 11.15pm to see Oldham have won at Stockport to go above us in the league table. 

Absent fans can make less emotive decisions and give less meaningful opinions. 

I like Carlos. It's made it enjoyable. I came away on Wednesday thinking his time was up. That raw emotion. I've changed my mind. This manager fits this club, like Big Ron did. 

One more year. Let's make it happen. 

i can assure you it is not easy for me,like all wednesday fans around the globe i saw his final self inflicted nail in the coffin on wed night,apart from fletch,wasnt this the same side that failed last year against hull? yet we have spent millions on players who he obviously does not trust! he may be a great one for spiel and the media love him,but he has been given a shed load of cash,spent it on players he leaves out,and finally,when we are chasing the greatest prize in football,he sends on a guy who hasn't scored in over a year!

14 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Am you have seen their pay slips? 

From what I've seem of fox he looked decent back up for pudiland was cheap!!! Just like winnall!!!!!! Mcmanaman was on loan! And is one hellof a player well worth the money and we can predict injuries ??? I agree Rhodes is suspect but you telling me you was against signing him ?? ANY manager at this level with half a brain would sign Rhodes if they had funding so you can't blame CC for that signing  I honestly don't agree with 90% of your post 

I didn't say any of them players are bad players most are top championship players but they should be playing regular not spending time on bench or staying at home ,only fletcher of this seasons signings started playoffs and he was off after 60 mins. The recruitment has been a disaster

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

I didn't say any of them players are bad players most are top championship players but they should be playing regular not spending time on bench or staying at home ,only fletcher of this seasons signings started playoffs and he was off after 60 mins. The recruitment has been a disaster

Fox back up so bench 

Winnall back up so bench 

Those in form play I.e. Fletcher and Wallace a key player in playoffs last season there for ahead of Buckley but it's nice to think we have those options on the bench tho ? Not really a disaster is it 

44 minutes ago, Almat said:

We'd have beem Middlesborough Mark 2, basically. 

Possibly.

Or maybe...

Carlos arrives early at revamped Middlewood road.  The first day of pre-season training. The sun is already melting away the remains of some overnight cloud and as he stands looking out of the window at the lush green surface he can feel the heat on his face. He closes his eyes and enjoys the quiet for a moment. 

He turns to go to his desk. He looks at the white board on his office wall behind it . There's a scribbled note in blue white board marker pen.  "Have a great summer boss!"

Wallace. Got to be. How did he get in here? The cheeky scamp.

Turning away from the white board ,Carlos flicks on the kettle in the corner and takes a seat at his desk. There's a pile of letters in an elastic band on top of his training diary.  He flicks through the top couple. Many are cards from well wishers.  In the middle of the pack he finds a postcard from Nuhui. 

Image may contain: 1 person

He turns it over and reads the back.

"Gaffer!,  am having great holiday in Whitby! Been to Dracula experience and stayed in same hotel room Stoker stayed in when he wrote  novel!  Visited the Abbey ruins. Amazing.Shame Jerry took pot shot on way home from WWII.  Played on the two penny shoves in the arcade. Great time. Visited Heartbeat pub too. My favourite show when child"

See you soon

Love Atdhe"

Carlos smiles to himself. What a lovely guy.

He checks his watch. The lads will be arriving in a couple of hours . He can't wait to hear the sounds of voices.  The joyful babble of the lads catching up with each other after their summer holidays. Semedo will be one of the first in. Always is.  Like a little ball of energy that lad. Hutch will be in early too for a massage. 

The Premier League. This is where it starts. This is what it's all about.

It'll be a light session this morning.  They'll be measured, and it'll be time to see who has been naughty over the summer. 

He smiles to himself again. 

He's just sat down with a cup of green tea when there is a tentative knock on his office door. Who can it be at this time of day? It's barely past 7:00am and the boys aren't due in till  9:30. The door opens slowly and Chansiri pops his head around the corner.

"Morning Carlos"

"Mr Chansiri, good morning. I wondered who it was!"

"Only me" Chansiri steps in. "Can I have a quick word?"

"Of course, of course. Would you like a drink. the kettle has just boiled. Tea?"

"Only if it's Yorkshire tea."

"Yorkshire tea? I'm not sure if I have any," Carlos reaches in into the pot behind the kettle. I've got some Tetley?"

"It'll have to do"

"How do you take it?"

"Two sugars, easy on the milk though. I don't want babbi tea"

Carlos stirs the tea and hands the cup to Chansiri "Careful, it's hot"

"Not as hot as this club son! Not as hot as this club!"

"heheh" Carlos laughs nervously. 

"Right. Now I'm off on me jollies soon. So I wanted to see you before I went. You got any transfer targets you want me to sign before I go"

"Well....I don't want to... the lads have got us here"

"But there must be someone?"

"Well I did like the lad who walked out on Leeds, and the boy Roberts at Man CIty might be for loan"

"Hahahah. Forget that Carlos, we're not here to make up the numbers lad. What about Bonnuci?"

"Bonnuci , hahah"

"I'll throw some right wedge at him. We'll get him if you want him. Would you want him?"

"Well of course" 

"Ok, I'll have a word with him on Wednesday. I'm dropping in that way anyway to have another chat with our Sami"

"Hutch" 

"No. Khedira. Didn't I tell you. His agent has been on the blower all summer. In the end I just said yes to get him to shut up . I was thinking about bringing him in as a present for your birthday. But ...well here we are. Thought he might be like a step up on Melo for you. Know what I mean?"

"Erm, great"

"You ok upfront?"

"Well, we have seven"

"Eight. I've just been for a jar with Hirsty senior. We've tied the lad up on a 5 year deal"

"Beer? It's not 8am!"

"Be reyt. Oh one, more thing. That Matias. Ive paid him off"

"Why?!"

"Couple of folks on a forum thought he should be shot. Bit harsh in my view so I've give him a back hander to vanish. For his own good really."

"Oh.."

"Don't worry son, don't worry. We'll replace him. Whats the bald fella called at Bayern?. You know , the one with a head like a Nazi skull badge"

"Robben?!"

"Aye. We'll get him an all. We're not coming up here to be Middlesbrough mark two, not on my bleedin watch, lad!. hahah. Anyone else you want?"

"Erm.....no. I...I think that'll be great"

"Oreyt ,luv sithee later"

And before Carlos could say "Bye Dejphon" the chairmans gone. 

Carlos drops back into his chair. Shock and bewilderment etched across his face.  As it sunk in he smiled once more,  lifted his feet up and put them on his desk and sat back with his hands behind his head.