Double edged sword

Am I the only one who thinks we would be absolutely bonkers to get rid of CC? Sack a manager who can consistently have us fighting for promotion.

I don't know about others but failing to win the play offs is absolutely a million times better than mid table nothing seasons or relegation fights. Christ if we had been in the latter of the two situations two seasons running I'd be clamouring for his head but we're not. We are still improving year on year when we fail to do that then we need change, not now. 

What we we need now is stability a full pre-season one or two strong additions and a bit of luck avoiding key injuries. 

We dust ourselves down down and go again. Promotion in our anniversary season in a top two spot would be ideal. 

Lets be supporters and back back the chairman the manager and the team again. 

Edited by LoOn

We should fight tooth and nail to keep him!

Think he did an excellent job this season under difficult circumstance (I.e. Managing the Forestieri situation and injuries). Well respected in the game by players and coaches alike - so can sell the club and with a few more additions we will be definitely fighting for autos next year. 

Ps. Either way, from today's statement, I don't think our Chairman will be messing about. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Guest samowl

If you want the same negativity and players in wrong positions. Then fill yer boots. If he wants to change his habits and bring tactical innovation rather than just swap like for like,bring back the fearless positive attacking play from his first season. Great. Keep him. Wagner didn't have to worry about any tactical change when we made our substitutions Wednesday night. Cos he knew it would be just a personnel change not a different plan. Oops sorry forgot can't mention no Plan B on here. 

There is a lot to be said for a settled team IMO, that includes the coach. I think one more season and see what happens. It's not like it we couldn't change things if required anyway during the season, no rush if he decides to stay and on a year rolling contract any way. 

Its all about recruitment for me, assuming, and it's a big assumption,  CC stays he needs to get this correct, I don't think there is that much wrong but a few tweaks here and there and a settled side and coach and we just may do it next year. 

Grass may not be greener and all that 

43 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

In the last 17 years we've had just two decent seasons.

Carlos has been here for just two seasons. 

Coincidence or what? And don't go on about the money hes spent. Last season he did it on a shoestring. 

Is it any coincidence that we have only had money in 2 of those seasons? 

1 hour ago, LoOn said:

Am I the only one who thinks we would be absolutely bonkers to get rid of CC? Sack a manager who can consistently have us fighting for promotion.

I don't know about others but failing to win the play offs is absolutely a million times better than mid table nothing seasons or relegation fights

What do you think is the most important in getting us fighting for promotion?

CC's management/ coaching or DC's ££££££££

90% of teams without money won't be anywhere near promotion

Wednesday without CC will be fighting for promotion 90% of the time

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Final third of the season I think we started to show some resilience like Brighton had shown all last season. Now the squad is nearly built and up and running I think it makes sense to keep him on, if he's up for it 

This is what makes me optimistic about next season. Carlos adjusted his tactics especially in the last 6 games in a way that allowed us to grind out results against teams like Ipswich and Cardiff. Hooper and Lee helped but the whole shape started to work better. Just some pace in the channels and a commanding centre half and we'll have a great team. Looking forward to seeing what Abdi can do with a full pre season and maybe a few of the youth making the squad. I've actually started loving the football again these past 2 years, not just going out of duty. 

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

What do you think is the most important in getting us fighting for promotion?

CC's management/ coaching or DC's ££££££££

90% of teams without money won't be anywhere near promotion

Wednesday without CC will be fighting for promotion 90% of the time

You can't guarantee that at all. Why weren't Norwich, Derby and Villa all top 6 then?

1 minute ago, LoOn said:

You can't guarantee that at all. Why weren't Norwich, Derby and Villa all top 6 then?

I know I can't guarantee it, that's why I said 90% and not 100

Edited by Ian

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

I hope he stays, we've seen progression in terms of position, points and players.

I see no reason why we can't get automatic promotion next season

I can think of a few, Derby, Norwich, Villa, Leeds, Boro, Sunderland and Hull.

I definitely want him to stay, for at least this next season and hopefully more.

The problem we've had with the change in style this season is that when we're pushed back, 

there's been no outlet, so this means having a couple of pacy players to counter-attack.

This was our downfall on Wednesday after going a goal up, we had two or three situations 

just after when a bit of pace on the wing and upfront could have got us the second killer goal.

I honestly thought, for all Huddersfields good play, that they weren't going to score and two-nil 

would have been a comfortable position to be in for us.

So, a big pacy striker, a nippy winger who can also look after the ball and a quick central defender

are essential as far as I'm concerned.

Carlos has got us to the play-offs using two different styles of play now - I'm confident that he can 

go one better next time.

3 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I think maybe CCs tenure has run it's course

But I will gladly accept the decision of DC in this matter

Either way onwards and upwards for next season

Me too. BUT, tactically nieve leaves us open to the kind of outcome we have witnessed in the last two seasons.  No doubt we were best squad/players in the playoffs but still came up way short, way short.   I agree - wouldn't want to do a Birmingham or Derby and fall down the league after newly appointing but something has to change - either philosophy or manager.