Two days after the Lord Mayor un-workable up....

8 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

THIS!!

I woke up on Thurs morning, made sure I congratulated my dogshagging mates and wished them the best after admitting they probably just shaded it over the two games.  I then told all my grunting mates to fuckoff before telling them what deluded fuckwits they were and went to work with my head held high whilst crying like a baby on the inside and achieving fuckall in productivity.

I am now currently debating whether to take the kids away with the the Wembley money or to spend it on cocaine and Columbian hookers.

Roll on next season....we go again!!

Take the kids away.

First thing that cheered me up Thursday morning , was the sight of mi grandkids.

We're building something sustainable , for their future enjoyment as well as ours. My Wembley kitty's going on a treat for them , and a bit set aside for their new shirts , just in case we get our lucky stripes back.

UTO

28 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The quote is in that article, which I have already linked in this thread. He even uses the words I promise ffs

Are you thick? 

He promises to TRY HIS BEST to get promoted, he DOES NOT promise we WILL be promoted. 

You telling me you seriously don't know the difference? Foook me lol

9 hours ago, Jon Adam said:

So Friday comes and I'm still not over it.  I'm angry, pissed off and just generally disillusioned.  To lose in such a way particular against the club situated where you used to live hurts like a ***** and I'm actually avoiding friends and ex friends on social media purely because I can't be doing with the smart mouth bullshit.  I AM a bad loser.  If it doesn't hurt, you don't care, I'd give my right arm to a) be younger b) to be physically fit enough to play for Wednesday and c) just able to be in their positions.  I literally cannot face smug opposition, both from Huddersfield and also those piggies who can't resist getting a cheap dig in.  I'm angry at Rhodes for electing not to take a penalty and I'm angry at Hutch and Forestieri for missing.  I'm angry about the own goal and not closing up shop to try and prevent them scoring at which point a 1-0 win would see Wembley.  I'm angry at empty idealistic promises about promotion in two years, about poor tactics being used when they clearly haven't worked before.  Carlos seemed like the man when he came in, we got to Wembley and missed out to a wonder goal, but that was on the back of poor team selection, then this time, the same poor team selected, one or two bad injuries and people's inability to put the ball in the net from 12 yards and we've un-workable it again.

Chansiri says he loves our club, well now is the time to prove it.  Make your next move VERY wisely.

Can't argue with a word of that, although I'm sure some will.

13 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Take the kids away.

First thing that cheered me up Thursday morning , was the sight of mi grandkids.

We're building something sustainable , for their future enjoyment as well as ours. My Wembley kitty's going on a treat for them , and a bit set aside for their new shirts , just in case we get our lucky stripes back.

UTO

You're right!

I've just booked us flights and a fortnight in a hotel in Bogota.

15 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

You're right!

I've just booked us flights and a fortnight in a hotel in Bogota.

In between snorting and dem wobbly woodbines, do a scouting trip on that Angel Mendoza. 

37 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Are you thick? 

He promises to TRY HIS BEST to get promoted, he DOES NOT promise we WILL be promoted. 

It is amazing

lol

4 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

2 major issues with this, first of all anyone can say whatever they like. It doesn't mean it will actually happen. Secondly it was hardly an empty idealistic promise was it? Under Chansiri we have had two play off campaigns, it's a very realistic ambition for us now. Maybe if you looked at things in a more calm manner you'd not make such a nonsense comment.

I think the key thing for me is that we have made play offs twice which says volumes. Compare it with what was said and then what was delivered for the previous 15+ years (even under MM who I will always be thankful to for saving the club from admin or worse).

Nobody expects whoever is running a club to say we're rubbish and have no money (even if it's true) but, the difference here is that the club has clearly advanced in the correct direction and we are in a better position than we have been since relegation (possibly even better than) from the Prem. I'll not get too suicidal just yet.

I feel hollow about not beating Huddersfield to make a very winnable final, and confused by our tactics and lack of energy in the last third of the Hillsborough match but, that's life. If we strengthen again this off season, we should be expecting to compete at the top again. However, there are no guarantees in life. I can't ask Chansiri for more than his best effort, and from where I'm sitting he's given us that. Top owner for the club.

also Hi Jon Adam.

9 hours ago, RichieB said:

Are you thick? 

He has PROMISED. So he's either not tried his best and therefore broke his promise, or he has and it's still not good enough anyway. Not sure why he promised it, has come round to bite him in the arse

12 hours ago, mcmigo said:

The money just gets spent, it makes no difference. 

are you serious that financially we are well off in the Championship as the premier League?

if that is the case why do all teams want to be promoted?

At the moment there are some strange excuses as to why it doesn't matter that we lost and to why CC should stay

19 hours ago, BRADDO said:

And there ladies and gentlemen is modern society in a nutshell. It's all about me, me, me and I want it now, now, now.

He wants it now ???

Think he's probably been waiting 17 ...kin years!

Perhaps he's a winner and doesn't like losing every year 

Perhaps looking at graphs and stats on how we have improved isn't his bag 

Perhaps he had expectations after seeing the money paid in transfers and more importantly wages

Perhaps he stupidly thought we may have had more than a couple of shots on target in two of the most important games you could have 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He has PROMISED. So he's either not tried his best and therefore broke his promise, or he has and it's still not good enough anyway. Not sure why he promised it, has come round to bite him in the arse

The Brains of Britain strikes again. 

Guest Coyt
13 hours ago, mcmigo said:

It was our top flight spending that killed us last time.

Yeah due to complete mismanagement at the top, I think Chansiri is a bit more clued up and wiser in regards to his finances and spending than the previous regimes that have held the powers at Hillsborough.

I don't believe for one minute you actually prefer been stuck in the Championship than playing in the Premiership.

57 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If one of the members of the Brain Trust can explain how someone in football guarantees promotion then I think us normal folk would be very appreciative. 

That's what I'm saying. Was very daft of him to promise promotion but he was new to the sport back then, he'll have learnt now.

Like I said earlier there is no blame on the chairmans part.

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

That's what I'm saying. Was very daft of him to promise promotion but he was new to the sport back then, he'll have learnt now.

He didn't promise promotion you f**king imbecile

lol

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Birley - it was promise to do all he could. A goal that he hoped we could achieve. 

He's spent circa 30 million and transformed us into promotion contenders so we ain't exactly far off are we. 

He couldn't guarantee promotion and the vast, vast majority of our fans would have understood that.