Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

14 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Birmingham have tabled a £5million offer for Bristol City duo Aden Flint and Joe Bryan.

Harry Redknapp wants to strengthen his squad ahead of the season opener against Ipswich on Saturday.

And defensive duo Flint, 28, and Bryan, 23, are two the Blues manager wants to add to his squad this week. 

They would be good signings for Birmingham. If we did upgrade our full backs/wing backs then someone like Joe Bryan would be ideal for us,

he's good defensively and he's got pace and end product going forward, he would be a quality signing. Birmingham are making some decent signings and could improve quite a bit.

1 minute ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

They would be good signings for Birmingham. If we did upgrade our full backs/wing backs then someone like Joe Bryan would be ideal for us,

he's good defensively and he's got pace and end product going forward, he would be a quality signing. Birmingham are making some decent signings and could improve quite a bit.

If we are looking at fullbacks then Derrick Williams at Blackburn looked good going forward. Won their player of the year award.

6 minutes ago, modboy said:

Barnsley hoping to sign 5 players this week... pray he wants some of our rejects

Seriously though Joao would be ideal for them on a 6 month loan

I think they'll more interested in George Hirst. 

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If we are looking at fullbacks then Derrick Williams at Blackburn looked good going forward. Won their player of the year award.

I don't know anything about him but at the start of the summer I was hoping we'd upgrade our full backs and bring in some modern full backs with some much needed pace. The ones I was hoping we'd go for were optimistically but unlikely the likes of Chris Gunter and more realistically the likes of Joe Bryan or Amari'i Bell.

But we can get away with bringing in just Jordan Rhodes, George Boyd and hopefully a quality ball playing powerful centre back along with versatil defensive cover, and have a decent realistic chance for top 2.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

How are we near FFP - allowed losses of £39m over a 3 year period? last two years accounts total c. £14.5m, giving headroom of £25m.   Would need to be a big loss in 2017? Know we've signed a few but transfer fees are spread over life of a contract and not all taken in the year.

2 minutes ago, Barra said:

How are we near FFP - allowed losses of £39m over a 3 year period? last two years accounts total c. £14.5m, giving headroom of £25m.   Would need to be a big loss in 2017? Know we've signed a few but transfer fees are spread over life of a contract and not all taken in the year.

Dunno all the business side of things but like you I would think we'd be ok within the three year period rule. That, said whatever we spend now, we want to also have some leg room to do some business in January, if needs be?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Would've loved us to have gone for him but if we can spend on anyone it needs to be on a quality centre back. If only we could loan in someone like him?

I'd be happy with a signing for the development at the minute. Owlstalk is sending me mentally unstable at the minute 

but yes it would have been a fantastic addition though any funds we have should go towards a quality centre back 

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

Improvement season upon season I call that goid

No, of course it is, and I'm certainly not disappointed in a 4th placed finish Overall though, I think we did stall a bit, we may have finished 4th, but the previous season we'd actually reached the play off final. Throw in, no cup runs, and a complete lack of entertainment, and perhaps there wasn't much progress made, certainly not for the money invested. Merely speculating on ways we can improve on that this season

Edited by gurujuan