Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

12 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Would seem an unnecessary signing to me unless we need the cover, incase of injuries but even then we seem to already have numbers? Unless the players we bring in add something different or improve us, then other than the lack of defensive numbers, they would be pointless signings. Whilst instead the money could be better used towards bringing in just one or two quality players that will improve us.

Irvine.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Yeah, I think we just need two quality players. A quality ball playing centre back and a energetic box to box midfielder. Ideally I'd like them to be Harlee Dean or Kyle Bartley and Jackson Irvine or similar.

Totally agree, think Dean and Irvine would be excellent additions to the team and offer us something we don't have.

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Totally agree, think Dean and Irvine would be excellent additions to the team and offer us something we don't have.

Problem is to get both of them we will also need something we don't have. Money.

Just now, Blue and white said:

Think we need a bit of a clear out personally.

Nuhiu 

Jones

Palmer

Abdi (if he isn't going to play)

Bannan (if it meant improving the team)

Think if we could get the money we wanted for some of these they would be off. Except Bannan. 

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Think we need a bit of a clear out personally.

Nuhiu 

Jones

Palmer

Abdi (if he isn't going to play)

Bannan (if it meant improving the team)

It's a pity we haven't trimmed the squad in order to bring in a couple of players, especially with only needing just one or two quality players

2 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

It's a pity we haven't trimmed the squad in order to bring in a couple of players, especially with only needing just one or two quality players

Carlos has stated on numerous occasions that we need 2 players per position yet we have 6 strikers not including Hirst. We have 5 CM and we're still missing one IMO, I'd be more than happy to sacrifice Bannan if it meant bringing in someone who adds something different.

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Carlos has stated on numerous occasions that we need 2 players per position yet we have 6 strikers not including Hirst. We have 5 CM and we're still missing one IMO, I'd be more than happy to sacrifice Bannan if it meant bringing in someone who adds something different.

Me too but it's highly unlikely that Carlos would sacrifice one of his favourite players or we'd sell any of our best players.

I think something different is needed, either a bit more energy and drive or some pace in the team but what I think we need the most is a commanding ball playing centre back at the back. At the beginning of the summer I wanted a quality centre back; 2 full backs, a box to box midfielder and 2 wingers, with a preference for pace and power. But after bringing in Boyd to add some more know how, creativity and energy, we could get away with bringing in just one or two more players, as long as they're quality. If we brought in a quality centre back that's comfortable on the ball and powerful like Bartley or Dean or someone similar to them, then I think it would limit the need for a midfield beast or deep playmakers, and we might get up the pitch quicker and be more dominant and attack minded.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Me too but it's highly unlikely that Carlos would sacrifice one of his favourite players or we'd sell any of our best players.

I think something different is needed, either a bit more energy and drive or some pace in the team but what I think we need the most is a commanding ball playing centre back at the back. At the beginning of the summer I wanted a quality centre back; 2 full backs, a box to box midfielder and 2 wingers, with a preference for pace and power. But after bringing in Boyd to add some more know how, creativity and energy, we could get away with bringing in just one or two more players, as long as they're quality. If we brought in a quality centre back that's comfortable on the ball and powerful like Bartley or Dean or someone similar to them, then I think it would limit the need for a midfield beast or deep playmakers, and we might get up the pitch quicker and be more dominant and attack minded.

A quality CB is imperative, Loovens and Hutchinson are great at the back but are to injury prone to be relied upon. 

Still think Hutchinson, Bannan and Jones play to deep and we don't need 3 deep CM, Abdi and Lee are great as attacking midfielders, for that reason I'd like to see Jones and Bannan moved on and someone like Irvine brought in. Lee, Abdi, Hutchinson and Irvine and provides real quality in the middle.

Edited by Blue and white

19 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Really, really wonder where all this negativity towards Barry Bannan has come from. Top player. 

Not negativity just saying we have 3 cm who largely do the same thing, but I think Hutchinson does it better. I would sacrifice Jones and Bannan if it meant we could bring a better CM in who offers us something different and improves us as a team.

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

7 strikers not incl Hirst.

Fletch

Hooper

Rhodes

Winnall

Joao

Nuhiu

FF 

He has said he will play FF more on the wing but he said the same last Summer and failed to do so. He started only six games all season there.

He certainly has some juggling and ego massaging to do if he keeps all 7 of them beyond this window. I feel pretty sure at least one will depart. How can he keep 7 happy? 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

7 strikers not incl Hirst.

Fletch

Hooper

Rhodes

Winnall

Joao

Nuhiu

FF 

He has said he will play FF more on the wing but he said the same last Summer and failed to do so. He started only six games all season there.

He certainly has some juggling and ego massaging to do if he keeps all 7 of them beyond this window. I feel pretty sure at least one will depart. How can he keep 7 happy? 

I wasn't counting FF but yes your absolutely right, it's a very tall order. We desperately need to ship some out. I'd be gutted if any one ofRhodes, Hooper,Fletcher or Winnall was to leave.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I wasn't counting FF but yes your absolutely right, it's a very tall order. We desperately need to ship some out. I'd be gutted if any one ofRhodes, Hooper,Fletcher or Winnall was to leave.

Unless FF really is now a winger, I would be amazed if Sam doesn't ask to leave before the window shuts.

5 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Makes you wonder what each of Jordan Rhodes goals have cost us in cold hard cash?

Rhodes when played correctly will score goals, he has his whole career and there is no reason why he won't do so for us. Like Abdi we need to play to his strengths in order to get the best out of them. 

In there best form there are head and shoulders above anything we have and amongst the best players in the league.

Edited by Blue and white