Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Guest RocketOwl

Caulker would be a terrific signing on a 1 year deal for free.

Seems over his issues and has a point to prove. 

Millwall have signed former Fulham midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe on a free transfer.

Tunnicliffe's Fulham contract was up earlier this summer, and the 24-year-old has signed a two-year deal at The Den, where he becomes Neil Harris' seventh close-season signing.

The 24-year-old was on Manchester United's books as a youngster and had spells on loan at Wigan and Blackburn during his three-and-a-half seasons at Craven Cottage.

Yorkshire journalist, Joe Rawson, today claimed that Blues were poised to conclude a deal for Aden Flint.

He stated: "Birmingham City are set to beat Leeds to  capture Aden Flint. I have spoke to a Journo who covers Bristol he's in the belief a deal for Flint and Bryan is almost done. Nothing official though. Brum are going to pay the valuation that lufc weren't prepared to."

The Blues boss, despite already landing centre-back Marc Roberts from Barnsley, intends to further strengthen his backline ahead of the start of the Championship season.

46 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Perhaps we don't think Flint is worth the 4 or 5 million Birmingham are about pay for him.

Money will appear when the value does.

Agreed, we probably don't, because he isn't We must have some idea of what we'd be expected to pay for a quality centre back at this level, and the fact that Carlos wants two, means that I'm sure we aren't hamstrung by FFP

If it is an issue, that would be pretty poor planning from our point of view.

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agreed, we probably don't, because he isn't We must have some idea of what we'd be expected to pay for a quality centre back at this level, and the fact that Carlos wants two, means that I'm sure we aren't hamstrung by FFP

If it is an issue, that would be pretty poor planning from our point of view.

It's not an FFP issue.

It's clubs expecting stupid money for any half reasonable player.

It's like houses. Because of stupid programmes like homes under the hammer etc, everyone sets their asking price higher because  it "might" be worth more when it's done up. Ignoring true market value.

The chicken sellers at rovers have royally screwed that club up. Zero chance they will turn down any reasonable amount of cash for any player.

Marc Wilson set for move from Bournemouth to Hull City as Irishman seeks more regular football

Hull City ready to make a bid for Bournemouth midfielder Marc Wilson

Hull are plotting a permanent swoop for Bournemouth midfielder Marc Wilson.

The Republic of Ireland international looks set to leave the south coast this summer and the Tigers are ready to make a firm move for the 29-year-old.

18 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

It's not an FFP issue.

It's clubs expecting stupid money for any half reasonable player.

It's like houses. Because of stupid programmes like homes under the hammer etc, everyone sets their asking price higher because  it "might" be worth more when it's done up. Ignoring true market value.

The chicken sellers at rovers have royally screwed that club up. Zero chance they will turn down any reasonable amount of cash for any player.

Whilst I agree that prices have got out of hand, the problem we have is that clubs seem to be expecting huge fees for any promising player nowadays, and we can't force them to sell.

If we want a top-notch centre-back, the kind of player who could realistically improve our first team, then I can't see them coming cheap. Imagine what we'd demand for Tom Lees in the current climate - that may be what we have to pay to secure the kind of player we need.

50 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Whilst I agree that prices have got out of hand, the problem we have is that clubs seem to be expecting huge fees for any promising player nowadays, and we can't force them to sell.

If we want a top-notch centre-back, the kind of player who could realistically improve our first team, then I can't see them coming cheap. Imagine what we'd demand for Tom Lees in the current climate - that may be what we have to pay to secure the kind of player we need.

This, you can sit there saying, we're not gonna play this game, but you'll soon be left behind. Anyway, weren't we prepared to pay those the top prices when we signed Reach. It's not meant to be a dig at him, but we splashed out because we wanted him, and that's what Boro were asking. You could argue that, we need a top class centre back, more than we needed Reach at the time

6 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

WE BID THREE MILLION FOR MORRISON WE ARE NOT SKINT

What's with the capitals? 

Colon quoted other day saying only Noone has attracted interest. I don't believe Colin for obvious reasons but neither do I know for sure we put an offer in. 

Also if we did, it could have been an offer we know gets rejected. I mean we could bid 10m for Bale and say, were not skinny were making 10 mil bids 

Batth could be cheapish at least considering the free-flowing spending of the Molineux lot at his superfluous nature?

I've always rated him, but I know a lot on here don't think he's got the goods. Would he be a smart buy or a wasted one? Left footed at least :rolleyes: