Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

4 minutes ago, KernowOwl said:

From salads to FFP to mental health...this transfer thread is one hell of a ride. I hope someone at the club is reading this thread and knows what they're putting us through. 

I wouldn't say no to the option of a fresh prawn salad rather than a pie.

31 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

No jungle drums, no little birds, no "blokes at your local heard", no "had it on good authority"?

What a rubbish summer transfers thread.

I blame BigGuns.

If only he was still here, we'd be feeling like the receiver in a rumour bukakke.

16 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Saving it up for transfer deadline day and increased exposure on Sky, and glamorous assistants in yellow dresses.

All potential deals are inter-linked, it's like buying a house, waiting for the chain to be broken.

As soon as McGugan moves on, it'll all go crazy.

"assistants"???

32 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think the problem is the window closing at end of august. Now that those dodgy agents are getting more involved it makes players want to stay until the last minute to get as much money from desperate clubs as they can, likewise clubs holding out for more transfer money too

Personally I'd like the window to close the week before a new season starts. And then maybe (but maybe not) an emergency window to open for a few days at the end of October, before the big one in January. 

As I don't think clubs will want to spend the first 2.5 months of a season without the players they need and will be more keen to sign them in the summer 

I'd prefer no bloody window at all. Being able to buy from who you want, when you want, if both parties are in agreement, like we used to have.

You just buy when you need to this way, rather than storing up players tou might not even need, on the back of "we might have injuries". Also not strangling lower league clubs to death, allowing them to sell assets to make ends meet more timeously and effectively.

I'd be able to start a single OFFICIAL transfer rumours thread for the season too and corner the market.

Anyhow, stop dragging me back to this bootleg thread. Grrrrrr!

Edited by theowlsman

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I'd prefer no bloody window at all. Being able to buy from who you want, when you want, if both parties are in agreement, like we used to have.

You just buy when you need to this way, rather than storing up players tou might not even need, on the back of "we might have injuries". Also not strangling lower league clubs to death, allowing them to sell assets to make ends meet more timeously and effectively.

I also hate the fact that while we have transfer windows they only shut when the seasons already started. If you are gonna do the transfer window thing, shut it when the season starts

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

I also hate the fact that while we have transfer windows they only shut when the seasons already started. If you are gonna do the transfer window thing, shut it when the season starts

Problem is is that different leagues start at different times

La Liga doesn't start til the two weeks after us... would our window shut two weeks before theirs, or universally at the same time on say 1st August? Spanish clubs would kick off that they then have two weeks where they could have been doing business but can't. Equally the 2. Bundesliga starts this weekend... but the Bundesliga doesn't start until the same weekend as the Spanish one. So the window should have closed yesterday? But then that's 3 weeks for the Bundesliga teams to go between the end of the window til the start of their season... or are they permitted to make transfers while the rest of Germany can't. How would a transfer of a player going from the 2. Bundesliga to the Bundesliga work during this time? How about vice-versa? 

For all the flaws the current system has, it's probably the simplest. 

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I'd be able to start a single OFFICIAL transfer rumours thread for the season too and corner the market.

Anyhow, stop dragging me back to this bootleg thread. Grrrrrr!

Fair enough but a house without windows would ruin Carlos' analogies 

Also having a window prevents the mega rich from poaching players towards the end of the season to unsettle other teams, or enhance their own gains 

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Are you kidding? It's outgrown Owlstalk, it's uncontainable. It's evolving. Unstoppable. 

All praise the mega non-mega thread 

Don't worry. You can nip in and join me on the OFFICIAL Transfers Rumour Thread when it's gone, which will make my prediction come true i.e. that my thread will be the biggest transfer rumours thread by the start of the season.

Go Mods.......do your thing

*winks at Mods*

lol

Edited by theowlsman