Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I would.

its a massive risk.

we don't need to take them anymore.

Everybody needs to chill. We'll have a good centre back before the end of August.

In the mean time, it looks like we have Lees, Loovens and Hutch fit for Preston.

Which was the reply to my post;

Posted 1 hour ago (edited) · 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

I wouldn't rule him out purely because of it though

From memory, goldson used to be pretty decent. As a 4th choice, playing 15 games, assuming he was fit and able, I could understand the club looking at him.

As far as I'm aware though, we aren't. 

To be honest I think we have a good dressing room and environment for footballers to come and ply their trade. I'm sure Hutch has praised the club in the past for supporting him through his adversities. 

I wouldn't be put off the likes of Caulker. It was only a season or two ago he was on the fringes of the England team and was loaned to Liverpool. 

A fresh start could help. 

Mental health issues are massive selfish and been ignorant you could say sign him take the risk as tbh caulker at 1point was primed for engLand and top 4 top teams but has disappeared mental health is lots different ways and the ignorant view that they have everything what they have moan about is so so naive. I would not have said he would have struggled mentally just thought his chased the big buck but that high lights the problem that it can hit us all. S everybody and 2-3 years ago caulker was hot property obviously health issues can lose that but it's in him and I would take gamble not through sentiment but ability 

It's quite alarming in this day and age people still have a negative view on mental illness.

Statistically speaking 1 in 3 of us will experience a mental illness, sports men and women aren't  immune.  You can bet your bottom dollar the few that have had the confidence to come forward are just the tip of the iceberg and negative attitudes will do little to come forward and give them the confidence to come forward, tell their story and raise awareness.

15 minutes ago, benitocarbonara said:

Mental health issues are massive selfish and been ignorant you could say sign him take the risk as tbh caulker at 1point was primed for engLand and top 4 top teams but has disappeared mental health is lots different ways and the ignorant view that they have everything what they have moan about is so so naive. I would not have said he would have struggled mentally just thought his chased the big buck but that high lights the problem that it can hit us all. S everybody and 2-3 years ago caulker was hot property obviously health issues can lose that but it's in him and I would take gamble not through sentiment but ability 

IMG_4990.PNG

40 minutes ago, BigOwl said:
   2 hours ago,  MOwl said: 

Caulker has mental health issues, I'd steer clear.

Between 25 and 33% of the worlds population have mental health issues. Should we avoid all of them?

No, there will be some in our squad with problems. Difference is not all of them have had to quit their profession and consider suicide because of it.

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

He's used to playing in the Champions League every midweek!

he's played over 50 matches in a season on 5 occasions.

Few players can match that.

When was the last time he played champions league every midweek?

15 minutes ago, MOwl said:

No, there will be some in our squad with problems. Difference is not all of them have had to quit their profession and consider suicide because of it.

That doesn't make them less of a player, or suggest we as a club should distance ourselves from them.

If they are fit, willing, able and good enough - and the manager wants them in - we shouldn't ignore them purely based on previous mental illnesses.

I'm hugely depressed and have been for over a year. It's been pretty dangerous and lonely at times. 

Never mentioned it to a sole, wouldn't dare. 

On the face of it I 'have it all' but it's the worst run of my life.

Still bloody good at my job though.... 

So Caulker and Mulgrew would do me fine. 

7 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

I'm hugely depressed and have been for over a year. It's been pretty dangerous and lonely at times. 

If I could offer you one bit of advice it would be never suffer in silence, talk about it and don't be afraid to seek help. I may live the other end of the world but I'm only a pm away if ever you need anything.

Edited by Blue and white

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

We've signed him. And Mulgrew and Hanley and Patrick Kluivert. You've missed all sorts pal.

If I had to predict the four players we will sign before window closes, I'd go for Hutton, Hanley, Mulgrew and Snodgrass.

17 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

I've had periods of it myself.

Tbh It would be odd not to get depressed at some point given the kind of society we live in. 

It seems the only sane reaction to it!

But yeah like you say it doesn't have to affect one's ability to work.  

Edited by Bodhidharma

13 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

Find someone to talk with would be my advice there are more people than you think who have been through or are going going through the same thing as you than you could ever imagine. On the plus side people usually pull through.If you need to P.M. me as a start.

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I'd argue that moving up north, away from his family and support structure he has in London, would be a terrible idea for a man that's in the state he's in. He's a London lad who should probably remain in that area where his friends are a bit closer, the weather's a bit brighter and the place that feels more like "home". Especially with the pressure the Hillsborough crowd can inflict on someone, and even moreso especially during what everyone is kind of hoping/expecting as a promotion season. The bloke doesn't need that, and to be honest we don't need to take a risk on someone in his state. Wouldn't be fair on either party, though that's just my opinion. 

Yeah totally right. Why on earth did we sign Hutchinson.

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

IMG_4990.PNG

The only comment and what people like is someone pointing out the wee wee poor English duck me some could have a opposite view which is fair enough but to go out the way to be little someone on there English and intelligence and ability of the written word is not only wee pipe ish but hay you where right