Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The one thing Villa were crying out for last season was a leader at the back, they were a shambles. 

Probably got one of the best leaders the premier league has ever had.

I agree with you on that, he was always going to be able to give that to whatever team he went to.

I just don't think he will offer enough due to his age and fitness to justify it.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

How did I? 

"For a bit of balance though, our very own sam hutchinson discussing his mental health issues."

Clearly referencing the mental health issues. Not once comparing the two.  Not once saying his mental health issues were just as bad as Caulkers. Not once saying hutchinson was suicidal.

But if you'd read both interviews properly, you'd know that and would've avoiding looking a t1t.

Go change your tampon and give your head a wobble.

How did you?

Do you work for The Sun?

The only sentence you quoted from Caulker's article was the line where he talked about taking his life.

You then said 'for balance' and quoted the only line of the Hutch article that in isolation could have made it sound like he considered the same.

Also, if you were just trying to talk about mental health, why did you choose a line where he wasn't talking about his mental health he was talking about the pain in his knee?

you chose it purely for effect.

So yes, you did.

And it was a w4nk thing to do.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

How did you?

Do you work for The Sun?

The only sentence you quoted from Caulker's article was the line where he talked about taking his life.

You then said 'for balance' and quoted the only line of the Hutch article that in isolation could have made it sound like he considered the same.

Also, if you were just trying to talk about mental health, why did you choose a line where he wasn't talking about his mental health he was talking about the pain in his knee?

you chose it purely for effect.

So yes, you did.

And it was a w4nk thing to do.

lol

You bellend. That's how it copies across when you click the share link option. Mobile sites etc. Try it if you don't believe me.

The rest of it was me.

And if you read the interviews properly, you'd have got that.

Christ on a bmx. .

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

lol

You bellend. That's how it copies across when you click the share link option. Mobile sites etc. Try it if you don't believe me.

The rest of it was me.

And if you read the interviews properly, you'd have got that.

Christ on a bmx. .

Oh look

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/23/sam-hutchinson-sheffield-wednesday-chelsea?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

copied across. 

No 'I just wanted to stop the pain and never come back'

What on earth are you on about?

Maybe you should be more careful what you publish.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Oh look

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/23/sam-hutchinson-sheffield-wednesday-chelsea?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

copied across. 

No 'I just wanted to stop the pain and never come back'

What on earth are you on about?

Maybe you should be more careful what you publish.

Guardian app.

Click on story.

Share link via clipboard.

This pops up

Steven Caulker: ‘I’ve sat here for years hating myself … This year was almost the end’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/29/steven-caulker-mental-illness-addictions-gambling-drinking-qpr?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Perhaps you should calm yourself down and watch your blood pressure.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Guardian app.

Click on story.

Share link via clipboard.

This pops up

Steven Caulker: ‘I’ve sat here for years hating myself … This year was almost the end’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/29/steven-caulker-mental-illness-addictions-gambling-drinking-qpr?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Perhaps you should calm yourself down and watch your blood pressure.

Like I said, you should be more careful.

You made a post that clearly implied Hutch thought about taking his own life in the same way Caulker did.

it was either a sh1tty thing to do or it was extremely careless.

I don't understand why you don't see that.

Never mind, I'll leave it there.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Like I said, you should be more careful.

You made a post that clearly implied Hutch thought about taking his own life in the same way Caulker did.

it was either a sh1tty thing to do or it was extremely careless.

I don't understand why you don't see that.

Never mind, I'll leave it there.

Whatever mate. The headline is what the guardian chooses it to come out at. Not me. 

The two articles were all about the players coming through it, and getting a new perspective on football. Caulker in particular tells a very good story around going to visit Sierra Leone (I think), and how it helped him.

The positive thing is both players came through it. But I'd be disappointed if, as you implied, we didn't look at Goldson purely because he's had mental issues in the past.

4 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Ok can I suggest we mellow chaps. 

At the end of the day we don't truly know exactly everything. Main thing is both players appear to be ok and going about there careers.

Sure, posted the last one before I saw this. Will leave it there.

Cheers fella, to me it's semantics, if your Ill your Ill, dosn't really matter how bad stuff got. Zero point arguing about it.

In other news, jeez we really need to buy somebody.

Edited by Maddogbob

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

I'd argue that moving up north, away from his family and support structure he has in London, would be a terrible idea for a man that's in the state he's in. He's a London lad who should probably remain in that area where his friends are a bit closer, the weather's a bit brighter and the place that feels more like "home". Especially with the pressure the Hillsborough crowd can inflict on someone, and even moreso especially during what everyone is kind of hoping/expecting as a promotion season. The bloke doesn't need that, and to be honest we don't need to take a risk on someone in his state. Wouldn't be fair on either party, though that's just my opinion. 

Agree word for word. I know mental health issue is a strong word but a gambling addiction is no joke and his head hasn't been in football for a while. Not what i'd be looking for in a player who we need to perform every week. 

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Cheers fella, to me it's semantics, if your Ill your Ill, dosn't really matter how bad stuff got. Zero point arguing about it.

In other news, jeez we really need to buy somebody.

I'm hoping we get a deal on a player that also includes 26 shirts, shorts and socks...

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

I'm hoping we get a deal on a player that also includes 26 shirts, shorts and socks...

lol

Aye, things are let's be honest its getting reyt silly. Even the season tickets are chuffing AWOL.

Its like DC went on holiday and forgot to sign off a few things before he went. 

Edited by Maddogbob

55 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Whatever mate. The headline is what the guardian chooses it to come out at. Not me. 

The two articles were all about the players coming through it, and getting a new perspective on football. Caulker in particular tells a very good story around going to visit Sierra Leone (I think), and how it helped him.

The positive thing is both players came through it. But I'd be disappointed if, as you implied, we didn't look at Goldson purely because he's had mental issues in the past.

I said we shouldn't look at Goldson because he'd had a heart defect, not played for a year, had limited experience and it was a risk.

2 hours ago,  MOwl said: 

Caulker has mental health issues, I'd steer clear.

Between 25 and 33% of the worlds population have mental health issues. Should we avoid all of them?

Edited by BigOwl
Missed quote out of original post