Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Just now, pazowl55 said:

I am expecting deals for Mulgrew and Hutton tied up soon if I am honest. Both seem like deals we could get over the line pretty quickly. Perhaps the players are after more assurances about there roles in the side and that they want to be more than just back up players.

Or they're after more money! Neither can be assured of a first team place, they will need to earn it

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

What a let down that would be, if that was all we could come up with after looking at over 200 defenders

Actually, I'd look at over 200 defenders before Hutton. 

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What a let down that would be, if that was all we could come up with after looking at over 200 defenders

Mulgrew is a good player, Hutton on the other hand I would rather bobbar the bed than sign him. I still can't believe we seem keen to spend money on signing him.

4 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Or they're after more money! Neither can be assured of a first team place, they will need to earn it

Actually, I'd look at over 200 defenders before Hutton. 

Plus, Huttons flat out said hes not leaving Villa so clearly doesn't even want to come, and, I'm ok with that :manager:

At least one of the central defenders needs to be experienced at this level, but maybe not both. Also I'd like to see us add a bit of creative talent, on a season long loan. There are some majorly talented youngsters at top flight clubs, who could be really useful at this level. My tip last season, the young Malaga lad at Man City, Brahim Diaz, would have been an excellent signing. Only just 18, I think he will go on to be a world star. May have missed the boat now, as he's been involved with City's first team out in the US  Believe they are going to make a decision about whether he goes out on loan or not, when they get back from the States.

At least if Carlos does sign Mulgrew and Hutton then hopefully he would have done his homework on them and thinks that they can fit into the style he wants to adopt this season. Would also expect a top centre back before the window closes aswell but we just got to be patient with that one.

Just now, gurujuan said:

At least one of the central defenders needs to be experienced at this level, but maybe not both. Also I'd like to see us add a bit of creative talent, on a season long loan. There are some majorly talented youngsters at top flight clubs, who could be really useful at this level. My tip last season, the young Malaga lad at Man City, Brahim Diaz, would have been an excellent signing. Only just 18, I think he will go on to be a world star. May have missed the boat now, as he's been involved with City's first team out in the US  Believe they are going to make a decision about whether he goes out on loan or not, when they get back from the States.

No premier league club is going to loan us one of there talented youngsters for us to put him on the bench everyweek. So honestly don't think Carlos is looking down that route.

40 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

No premier league club is going to loan us one of there talented youngsters for us to put him on the bench everyweek. So honestly don't think Carlos is looking down that route.

If we took someone with enough talent, they might not be on the bench every week

12 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

What a ridiculous exaggeration. We all know we will have 2 new CBs in by the time the window closes.

11 hours ago, s29wfc said:

So chill out we will get another cb in before the season starts then another before the deadline

Do you two know some insiders or maybe you two are dcs recruitment advisors ...if so thanks for the heads up, we can all sleep easy now.

9 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

09:36

BORO CLOSE ON FLETCHER

Ashley Fletcher has left the West Ham training camp in Germany this morning for talks about a move to Middlesbrough.

£7 million too.

The transfer world has gone mad.

Just exactly what has the lad done to warrant a £7mill price tag?!

Edited by owlZfan84

39 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

£7 million too.

The transfer world has gone mad.

Just exactly what has the lad done to warrant a £7mill price tag?!

Don't know about £7m, but he's a good young player

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I honestly don't even know who he is without googling him. So yes the world has gone very mad

young lad who West Ham got on a free I think from Man U. He's played a handful of first team games and done bugger all, so clearly 7 mills worth 

I think we'll get a CB deal over the line before the Preston game, but it'll be a cheap deal like Mulgrew or Keogh. If we sign one then it says to clubs who are wanting 5-7m for Hanley, Bartley, Dean etc that we aren't desperate now we've moved on, and closer to deadline day we can pick them up for half their current asking price.

Hopefully

16 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

Do you two know some insiders or maybe you two are dcs recruitment advisors ...if so thanks for the heads up, we can all sleep easy now.

Ir's just common sense.

The club have openly acknowledged that we are after 2 centre backs so I think its pretty safe to assume that we are going to bring players in before the window closes. It's not like they are saying we don't need further players in that position.

The hold up is because we are trying to get the right players in. If we can't do that and the worst comes to the worst we will have to lower our sites and bring in lesser players than we would like. But there is absolutely no way we just won't bring anyone in at all.

41 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I think we'll get a CB deal over the line before the Preston game, but it'll be a cheap deal like Mulgrew or Keogh. If we sign one then it says to clubs who are wanting 5-7m for Hanley, Bartley, Dean etc that we aren't desperate now we've moved on, and closer to deadline day we can pick them up for half their current asking price.

Hopefully

I can see the thinking behind that, but that's what good centre backs cost, and clubs know that. We might of course, manage to get ourselves a bargain by taking this stance, but if we again miss out because of it, we'll have shot ourselves in the foot. Sure, Mulgrew or Keogh, gives us a bit of insurance, but they obviously don't match what we are looking for. Definitely think it's a bit of posturing on our part. Interesting

7 million for Fletcher is just crazy money. When you look at Boros new strikers of Assombalonga and Fletcher costing 21+ million it shows what good business we have done to get in Rhodes, Hooper, FF, Winnall and Fletcher for less than that. 

Edited by WalthamOwl