Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

36 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I don't think CC is using his player search filters correctly, takes me five minutes to find suitable targets! lol

Should be easy for Carlos, i don't know what he's playing at tbh

Just click:

Position - CB

Nationality - Scottish

Age - at least - 30

Jobs a good un 

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Dom Howson @domhowson 5m

Carvalhal said he is not "desperate" to sign a new centre-back. Says #SWFC have not found the "correct one" yet.

Obviously CC trying to say the right thing! 

Anyone buying this bluff is invited to my house for poker on Saturday night, I'll pay your flights!! lol

PS. Bring plenty of cash and the deeds to your house!

Edited by Morepork

43 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Taking CC at his word (no reason not to), then that's all exactly what you want to hear

However, looked at more than 200 CB's? There must be more than 1 in 200 that's right for us? Still, guess that means whoever we bring in really will be utterly fantastic and exactly what we need... sounds like no mistakes are going to be made

What the hell are we looking at 80's broadcast technology for?

Looked at 200 of which 180 were judged not as good as what we have and twenty we were unable to land. So we go back to the twenty and try again or move onto the next targets. It's what a well run club should do.. or would you rather the club announce that we have one number one target who then goes on loan to a club in the league below us before signing someone no ones ever heard of? If we are going to replace Lees or loosens they will have to be very very good players. 

Have a a bit of patience. 

7 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Dom Howson @domhowson 5m

Carvalhal said he is not "desperate" to sign a new centre-back. Says #SWFC have not found the "correct one" yet.

Dom Howson @domhowson 5m

CC revealed he and his staff have looked at more than 200 centre-backs this summer. Have checked out England and foreign markets. #SWFC

Dom Howson @domhowson 5m

CC said: "We are not desperate even though everybody knows we need centre-backs. These kind of things take time." #SWFC

Dom Howson @domhowson 5m

CC: "We don't want to make mistakes. We have had chances to bring in centre-halves but we have not found the correct ones." #SWFC

Not desperate but looked at more than 200 lol

25 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Not desperate but looked at more than 200 lol

If 200 super models sat naked on your lap.

You looked at all of them.

made a couple of tentative chat up lines on a few to find out how much they would cost you

But failed to make a concerted effort to land any of them.

Would that make you desperate or the coolest Billy in town? lol

15 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Hull City signing Michael Hector on loan from Chelsea. 

Highly thought of centre half.......

Hull's new manager is big friends with Abramovich so it's inevitable that some good Chelsea players are going in that direction

Deciding we will wait until we can bring in the right players, is an admirable sentiment, but when did this start? Don't think we've been as discerning with some of our signings. It's hard to believe we've been looking for a centre back for two years now, and we still haven't been able to find the right player.

41 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Conceded 45 goals last season behind promoted Newcastle and Brighton who conceded 40.

Dont think a huge amount of improvement is needed, certainly not enough to warrant the mass meltdown some are having on here over out failure to sign more than one player.

Which surely makes it all the more surprising that we haven't been able to find someone?

3 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Conceded 45 goals last season behind promoted Newcastle and Brighton who conceded 40.

Dont think a huge amount of improvement is needed, certainly not enough to warrant the mass meltdown some are having on here over out failure to sign more than one player.

As much of that was down to having the best keeper in the division and Bannan playing almost cb for much of the season.

Guest RocketOwl
7 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

its more about the depth.

Edited by RocketOwl

These kind of comments are just PR. I'm glad we have looked far and wide for a cb but if we have checked every league there must be a fair few who would be suitable for us, the thing that clearly isn't suitable is the price. 

I would say we are fairly desperate for one unless Loovens is now fit

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Which surely makes it all the more surprising that we haven't been able to find someone?

I'm not saying we don't need anyone of course we need some back up as lees and loovens will inevitably be injured at some point in the season.

Based on what we conceded last season I can see why the club are refusing to have their pants pulled down over prices and being patient.

As I've said before on here real quality signings (which is what we're in the market for now not just any old dross - leave that to the pigs over the city) takes time and patience.

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Deciding we will wait until we can bring in the right players, is an admirable sentiment, but when did this start? Don't think we've been as discerning with some of our signings. It's hard to believe we've been looking for a centre back for two years now, and we still haven't been able to find the right player.

So basically you'll moan when we're not discerning enough and moan when we are?

14 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

As much of that was down to having the best keeper in the division and Bannan playing almost cb for much of the season.

Team effort I would say.  I'm sure Lees and Loovens themselves would disagree with your comments about it all being down to Westwood.

I remember early last season Westwood being off the boil slightly and conceding a few silly goals.  

Who's to say that that little tiny loss of form didn't cost us, gets our goals conceded down winning us more points this season?

Just now, Claudio Tankisco said:

Team effort I would say.  I'm sure Lees and Loovens themselves would disagree with your comments about it all being down to Westwood.

I remember early last season Westwood being off the boil slightly and conceding a few silly goals.  

Who's to say that that little tiny loss of form didn't cost us, gets our goals conceded down winning us more points this season?

Would you like to have another read and point out where I said it was solely down to Westwood.