19owl08

Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Guest Coyt

Once again we'll go into this season totally unprepared. Same old Wednesday, absolutely nothing changes.

23 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Are we talking about the 30 mill he's spent as a direct comparison?

That's what I'm on about.

If the squad value is £53m now, the outlay since DC arrived was £31m net.

The value of the squad in 2014/15 was £15m, which is flawed as it includes loan players. True value is more like £10m.

Majority of Wednesday signings in the last 3 seasons are worth more now than what we paid for them. If we sold Forestieri and Lees, initial outlay of £4m, we'd likely recoup at least £12m.

*all stats and figures from transfermarkt, may not be 100% accurate

17 minutes ago, Coyt said:

Once again we'll go into this season totally unprepared. Same old Wednesday, absolutely nothing changes.

Based on what ? 

I hope to goodness we don't go into the new season with Pudl as a back up option at centre half but otherwise I'm pretty optimistic.

2 hours ago, Walt said:

Did anyone hear Hawksbee and Jacobs this afternoon? They were doing the S.American transfer rumours bit and a Wednesdayite asked about a left back from Brazil. I was only half listening (until then) but the reply went along the lines that the lad couldn't half whip some decent crosses in but would struggle with work permit issues.

Seemed a bit bizarre to me but knowing our lot, who knows?

Thats just Nuts 

17 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Only having two centre halves , one of whom is injury prone . I would say thats slightly alarming. 

Not quite the same as "totally unprepared" is it.

1 hour ago, Coyt said:

What a ridiculous exaggeration. We all know we will have 2 new CBs in by the time the window closes.

Bringing in top 2 quality players isn't easy. We have to be patient. The alternative was bringing in 2 lower quality players early. If we had done that you would still be moaning. 

1 hour ago, Coyt said:

Unprepared? Were you born 4 years ago?

This is the best squad we've had in 20 years and we spent £10m on a centre forward 6 months back. Unprepared is loaning Graham Barratt on a Friday teatime, buying Francis Jeffers with one hamstring the week before the season starts and getting players to make their own sandwiches.

Get a friggin grip. 

28 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Only having two centre halves , one of whom is injury prone . I would say thats slightly alarming. 

Three centre halves who kept 17 clean sheets in the last two seasons.

Hopefully we'll get a 4th one in as well, but it's really not that bad