Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

19 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Means little, could well be liking it for the 'banter'

Could be but why risk upsetting the Brentford fans in that way. 

We would have all went mental if Westwood would have liked a post welcoming him to Boro.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Could be but why risk upsetting the Brentford fans in that way. 

We would have all went mental if Westwood would have liked a post welcoming him to Boro.

It's his birthday and he's been liking tweets about his Brentford career left-right and centre. To me this says one thing: I'm not going anywhere (at least right now)

Sure, you can read it as "Why would he want to upset Brentford fans this way"... the other way to read it is: Why would someone who is by all accounts a modern professional and leader prematurely announce his signing to a Championship rival via cryptic social media updates on his birthday? :rolleyes:

Edited by StudentOwl

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

It's his birthday and he's been liking tweets about his Brentford career left-right and centre. To me this says one thing: I'm not going anywhere (at least right now)

Sure, you can read it as "Why would he want to upset Brentford fans this way"... the other way to read it is: Why would someone who is by all accounts a modern professional and leader prematurely announce his signing to a Championship rival via cryptic social media updates on his birthday? :rolleyes:

Because some of our fans are desperate for some transfer news! 

28 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

If he has been liking loads left right and centre then fair enough. But there would have been a few on here fearing the worst if one of our players had done the same especially as it says welcome to a club. Bit different had he liked one of our goals or a tweet about the club.

But probably nothing in it. Out with mates they have all said like that watch the Wednesday fans go mad.

Edited by pazowl55

4 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Good god I'm going to have to completely rethink my statement now

3 sales in two and a half years, all big big moves as well! 

It does show then that we are happy to occasionally move players on I guess, but it definitely is a policy of only moving those on that are clearly nowhere near the matchday 18. A good policy for increasing team strength, not so great when you bring in the volume of players we have over such a short period and it leaves you with the bloated squad we've had. Still, you can't pick and choose what players other teams are interested in... maybe it does just boil down to signings rather than sellings...

I've got down as being sold;

Melo

vermilj

May

Wiggins

I reckon that it will be around the £1m for them 4, with the bulk of it coming from Stevie May

Spent £27.7 according to guess work on players with David Jones, Pudil and Hunt unknown figures (but will probably be around £3m?

So spent £30m, received £1m

WOW

13 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Aden Flint - no thanks

Whats Liam Cooper like at Leeds?

Rubbish.

Bartley and Jansson were their 2 main centre halves last season and were both excellent and would improve us. Jansson is a bit of a tail tho.

3 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Melo

vermilj

May

Wiggins

I reckon that it will be around the £1m for them 4, with the bulk of it coming from Stevie May

Spent £27.7 according to guess work on players with David Jones, Pudil and Hunt unknown figures (but will probably be around £3m?

WOW

Thought May was a million on his own. Also we had a sell on clause with Antonio going to West Ham. Around a million aswell I believe.

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Rubbish.

Bartley and Jansson were their 2 main centre halves last season and were both excellent and would improve us. Jansson is a bit of a tail tho.

said a few times but either or both of those should have been signed or deals agreed in principal before the transfer window in jan. if that was possible.

next (this summer) we should have been looking at Bartley, Caulker, Kalas, Omeruo and Kadar

Nothing has happend and we'll probably be going in to the new season with Pudil and Semedo resigning both playing at centre back!

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If he has been liking loads left right and centre then fair enough. But there would have been a few on here fearing the worst if one of our players had done the same especially as it says welcome to a club. Bit different had he liked one of our goals or a tweet about the club.

But probably nothing in it. Out with mates they have all said like that watch the Wednesday fans go mad.

Forestieri was photographed in Watford and there were lunatics on here ready to burn him.

Never underestimate the stupidity of large groups of people on social media..

1 minute ago, Hack-Abusi said:

said a few times but either or both of those should have been signed or deals agreed in principal before the transfer window in jan. if that was possible.

next (this summer) we should have been looking at Bartley, Caulker, Kalas, Omeruo and Kadar

Nothing has happend and we'll probably be going in to the new season with Pudil and Semedo resigning both playing at centre back!

Any of those would improve us.  I personally like Bartley - is a leader, is big and good in the air and is able to bring the ball out of defence.  

It is farcical to think we may be re-sinning Semedo or playing Pudil at centre half at Preston.  I know this is a difficult market at the moment but we've had 18 months to address this position and we have bought players we didn't need in other areas. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Forestieri was photographed in Watford and there were lunatics on here ready to burn him.

Never underestimate the stupidity of large groups of people on social media..

And that was just a few pictures back at a place he used to live for years. 

Imagine if he actually liked a tweet about returning to the club.

45 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Melo

vermilj

May

Wiggins

WOW

But factor in the value of the squad when mr c arrived was probably around 50p, and those four were all signed with Mr Cs cash, deemed not good enough and moved on. What would be the current value of the squad for the 30m spent? I would suggest way in excess of that?

Did anyone hear Hawksbee and Jacobs this afternoon? They were doing the S.American transfer rumours bit and a Wednesdayite asked about a left back from Brazil. I was only half listening (until then) but the reply went along the lines that the lad couldn't half whip some decent crosses in but would struggle with work permit issues.

Seemed a bit bizarre to me but knowing our lot, who knows?

9 minutes ago, Plonk said:

But factor in the value of the squad when mr c arrived was probably around 50p, and those four were all signed with Mr Cs cash, deemed not good enough and moved on. What would be the current value of the squad for the 30m spent? I would suggest way in excess of that?

You'll have to break that down.