Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

25 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

If you don't think we need another CM then you are a fool good sir

You sir, are a fool! 

Fool then yes.

Bannan, Lee, Jones and Abdi are all we need, played centrally.

imo

We needed a CB last season and didn't get one. 

At times we played Semedo or Pudil there. Fast forward to now and we still need a CB with less than 2 weeks till the season starts. 

I can only imagine that the targets we really want are only loan possibilities, perhaps due to being close to the FFP limit. 

We haven't moved any players on still in contract so haven't generated any fees to help fund any transfers. 

I think we will get some players to genuinely strengthen the team but most likely after the season starts. That will be a gamble and will rely on us having a good start to the season which traditionally we don't. 

@Student Owl Wasn't Vermijl ( spell-check) sold under the DC regime? 

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

3 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

@Student Owl Wasn't Vermijl ( spell-check) sold under the DC regime? 

You're absolutely right, I honestly forgot about him!

If memory serves then that'll be him and Stevie May as the only ones that got sold... Bus had his contract mutually ended so he could leave on a free and get footie

Edited by StudentOwl

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You're absolutely right, I honestly forgot about him!

If memory serves then that'll be him and Stevie May as the only ones that got sold... Bus had his contract mutually ended so he could leave on a free and get footie

How could you forget the seismic shift which occurred at our club on the day that we sold Rhoys Wiggins?

:duntmatter:

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How could you forget the seismic shift which occurred at our club on the day that we sold Rhoys Wiggins?

:duntmatter:

Good god I'm going to have to completely rethink my statement now

3 sales in two and a half years, all big big moves as well! 

It does show then that we are happy to occasionally move players on I guess, but it definitely is a policy of only moving those on that are clearly nowhere near the matchday 18. A good policy for increasing team strength, not so great when you bring in the volume of players we have over such a short period and it leaves you with the bloated squad we've had. Still, you can't pick and choose what players other teams are interested in... maybe it does just boil down to signings rather than sellings...

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

I wouldn't say Wallace was an out and out winger.

Out and out wingers go on the outside. Wallace always comes inside.

That's because he is playing on the wrong wing and likes to cross using his left foot.

59 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Good god I'm going to have to completely rethink my statement now

3 sales in two and a half years, all big big moves as well! 

It does show then that we are happy to occasionally move players on I guess, but it definitely is a policy of only moving those on that are clearly nowhere near the matchday 18. A good policy for increasing team strength, not so great when you bring in the volume of players we have over such a short period and it leaves you with the bloated squad we've had. Still, you can't pick and choose what players other teams are interested in... maybe it does just boil down to signings rather than sellings...

Lavery to blunts as well via tribunal.

Season before we sold Antonio for 1.6m, Danny mayor to bury and let a load go for free.

Just now, Hawkeye said:

Lavery to blunts as well via tribunal.

Season before we sold Antonio for 1.6m, Danny mayor to bury and let a load go for free.

Letting a player's contract run out isn't selling him

I'm only counting since DC joined, Antonio left well before DC was on the scene

1 hour ago, Mickjj said:

Lewis  Grabban off to Sunderland on a season long loan from Bournmouth

I wanted us to sign him on loan in last seasons tranfer window instead of Rhodes. Think he went to Reading on the night we signed Rhodes actually? Don't think he did much tbf but I thought he would have given us that blistering pace option up front and made us not so predictable.